Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Denton: Rashard Looks to Regain Form ... Good Read

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

lol, it's obvious Lewis hates what Carter turned this team's offense into.

I don't read that in here at all. What I read is that offenses are not giving Lewis the open looks he had last season and adjustments aren't made to get him more involved. Doubles on Dwight aren't coming from Shard's man, and they are doing a good job of denying him the ball and keeping him out of the game offensively (which also seems to take him out of the game defensively as well).

The problem isn't a lack of Hedo (as some people would suggest). The problem is Jameer gettign his game going, and/or Vince getting his. Last season, before his injury, Jameer did a great job of forcing the defense to respect his game with his penetration and jump shooting. Once Vince gets his game going with the starters, defenses will have to focus more on him and Dwight, and Lewis will find those opportunities from last season returning.

I agree, this is what it's all about, and not the drama others are trying to make it into.

quote:
Originally posted by random:

quote:

quote:

I don't read that in here at all. What I read is that offenses are not giving Lewis the open looks he had last season and adjustments aren't made to get him more involved. Doubles on Dwight aren't coming from Shard's man, and they are doing a good job of denying him the ball and keeping him out of the game offensively (which also seems to take him out of the game defensively as well).

The problem isn't a lack of Hedo (as some people would suggest). The problem is Jameer gettign his game going, and/or Vince getting his. Last season, before his injury, Jameer did a great job of forcing the defense to respect his game with his penetration and jump shooting. Once Vince gets his game going with the starters, defenses will have to focus more on him and Dwight, and Lewis will find those opportunities from last season returning.

I agree, this is what it's all about, and not the drama others are trying to make it into.

Odds are VC is not going to get it going. It's not just a slump....its the worst season of his career. Age maybe?

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Odds are VC is not going to get it going. It's not just a slump....its the worst season of his career. Age maybe?

I think you need to reacquaint yourself with the meaning of the phrase "odds are". Odds are, if he has never played this poorly, that he will not continue to do so, not matter how much you hope he does just that.

quote:

quote:

Yeah, he said some smart stuff.

quote:

quote:

Interesting analysis and I would have to agree to this. We don't have anybody to take the pressure off of Lewis and Howard right now. I think Jameer and Carter need to step up (but mostly Carter since he's actually a dominant perimeter player).

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think you need to reacquaint yourself with the meaning of the phrase "odds are". Odds are, if he has never played this poorly, that he will not continue to do so, not matter how much you hope he does just that.

Don't know why but your statement made me LOL pretty hard there Echo.

But your right you know. Until one player on this team starts forcing other teams to respect both their jumpshot and their driving game, will continue to see the ripple effect on Howard and Lewis struggling to get their offensive game going. In reality the only two players with that ability on this team are Jameer and Vince. And those two are going to have to learn how to play with each other first. It will take some time, which so far is something they have not yet gotten.

Again I'm with holding judgment on how good this team is until I've seen the starting lineup play for at least (I'd like to see much more) 10 games straight without injuries after the all star break when the playoff run starts to ramp up. Till then all they are doing now is punching a card for more wins.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No...the guy is a broken down SHELL of himself. He's 33 in a couple days and made like a china doll. Just looking at some of his stats like PPG...this is the FOURTH year in a row of decline....third year in row in FG%....hmmmm....ODDS are he will keep declining.

Ever hear of a "trend"?

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

.430 to .454 to .456 to .44 doesnt come off as trend in decline in fg% to me.

Facts mean nothing. It's much easier to just make stuff up to fit your argument.

quote:

Nice....you didn't even comment about his PPG...why not?

And he went .456 to .437 to 39% this year....that is three years of DECLINE....you are reading it WRONG as usual.

Apology accepted....your idol is a bust....what do yo want already???

quote:

quote:

Facts mean nothing. It's much easier to just make stuff up to fit your argument.

I'm sorry but it is true....nothing was "made up". More likely you guys dismiss the facts that you don't agree with....you attack every poster that doesn't jive with your beliefs. It is common on here. There are many examples. We'll see.

quote:

quote:

Nice....you didn't even comment about his PPG...why not?

And he went .456 to .437 to 39% this year....that is three years of DECLINE....you are reading it WRONG as usual.

Apology accepted....your idol is a bust....what do yo want already???

THat's two years. It's only three if his year before .456 was higher. Since it was .454, then .456, .437, and now .392, that's one year of increase followed by two years of decrease. It's sad that has to be explained to you.