quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rondo407:

Come on people!! There isnt a single fan, tv network, or so called "expert" that didnt look at the team he put together and didnt think we were going back to the finals. 3 weeks ago every Magic fan was talking about the finals. We go into a slump and people wanna start talking about thanking Otis Smith for ripping apart our championship team. Ok, maybe we're not gonna go 82-0 this year, we gave it a shot....oh well. We did'nt trade Turk, he went were he got payed the most. We had to replace him, Vince Carter happened to be available, so we did what needed to be done to have him in a Magic jersey. Anyone who says that they would not have done the same is lying. New faces and alot of new talent is what we have. With more than half of the season left, there is no doubt this team will make another push deep into the playoffs. You cant just jump of a plane at the 1st sign of trouble. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually from the day the trade was made I said we were worse than last years team. Looks like I was right and all of you were wrong. Let's blow up a team that went to the finals, good move Otis.

Maybe Carter wasn't the answer but we did need a change. We went to the Finals and got out played by a hungrier Lakers team. Something had to happen.

Yeah just like the Lakers got outplayed by a hungrier Celts team the year before, what moves did they make? We should have developed Lee and we still could hvae added J will and Barnes and probably Bass. Not to mention have the expirings Rafer and Battie which could have landed us Murphy or Jamison at the trade deadline.

Didn't they add Gasol?

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rondo407:

Come on people!! There isnt a single fan, tv network, or so called "expert" that didnt look at the team he put together and didnt think we were going back to the finals. 3 weeks ago every Magic fan was talking about the finals. We go into a slump and people wanna start talking about thanking Otis Smith for ripping apart our championship team. Ok, maybe we're not gonna go 82-0 this year, we gave it a shot....oh well. We did'nt trade Turk, he went were he got payed the most. We had to replace him, Vince Carter happened to be available, so we did what needed to be done to have him in a Magic jersey. Anyone who says that they would not have done the same is lying. New faces and alot of new talent is what we have. With more than half of the season left, there is no doubt this team will make another push deep into the playoffs. You cant just jump of a plane at the 1st sign of trouble. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually from the day the trade was made I said we were worse than last years team. Looks like I was right and all of you were wrong. Let's blow up a team that went to the finals, good move Otis.

Maybe Carter wasn't the answer but we did need a change. We went to the Finals and got out played by a hungrier Lakers team. Something had to happen.

Yeah just like the Lakers got outplayed by a hungrier Celts team the year before, what moves did they make? We should have developed Lee and we still could hvae added J will and Barnes and probably Bass. Not to mention have the expirings Rafer and Battie which could have landed us Murphy or Jamison at the trade deadline.

Didn't they add Gasol?

Umm no they had Gasol

Yes, we could have done this ,we could have done that but we did what we did & there's no telling that we would not be going through this anyways with last years team.IMO it is not the lack of talent but the lack of effort & it is coming from a lot of the guys that were here last year (LEWIS,JAMEER,GORTAT, sometimes DWIGHT) and who knows maybe HEDO would be in the same boat because even though I loved his game he was known to lack effort at times wich was anoying.It is still early & they could turn it around but as SVG said it is only them that can do this nobody is doing it to them but themselves & only they can change it!!!Hopefully they wake up.GO MAGIC!!!

I can't remember but I believe Gasol was there during that finals. He was traded during that season though.

But why after the Lakers won the championship would they go and get Ron Artest. And now there are talks of the Lakers pursuing Chris Bosh in a deal for Bynum. Why would the Lakers do that after they just won a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Did you just suggest that trading expirings for Troy Murphy was better than trading them for Vince Carter?

Yeah he is a great fit on this team. Good defender, great rebounder and good 3 point shooter. VC has obviously affected team chemistry and we could have moved Shard to the SF.

quote:

I can't remember but I believe Gasol was there during that finals. He was traded during that season though.

But why after the Lakers won the championship would they go and get Ron Artest. And now there are talks of the Lakers pursuing Chris Bosh in a deal for Bynum. Why would the Lakers do that after they just won a championship.

They didn't think Ariza was worth that money, so far it worked for both sides.

Trading Bosh(arguably the best PF in the game and in his prime) for a guy who has tons of upside but has had 2 major injuries would not be a bad move, it would be amazing. Bringing in a selfish player past his prime for 16 mil a year is totally different.

First, the season isn't over so any final evaluation will have to be done then. On the surface, it looks like he may have had too much turnover on the roster, but that is just my opinion. Carter is a huge bust up to this point.

We'll have to wait till the end of the season, but it doesn't look good.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

First, the season isn't over so any final evaluation will have to be done then. On the surface, it looks like he may have had too much turnover on the roster, but that is just my opinion. Carter is a huge bust up to this point.

We'll have to wait till the end of the season, but it doesn't look good.

Its Funny because the people in toronto think the hedo is a huge bust up to this point as well.. just saying!

quote:

quote:

Did you just suggest that trading expirings for Troy Murphy was better than trading them for Vince Carter?

Yeah he is a great fit on this team. Good defender, great rebounder and good 3 point shooter. VC has obviously affected team chemistry and we could have moved Shard to the SF.
Im sorry but Shard is having a tough enough time with PF'S, How the heck is going to defend the SF Spot when Barnes and pietrus is having their hands full and they are supposed to be our better defender's at the three

quote:

You've never watched basketball in your life, have you?

quote:

quote:

You are seriously letting me down here Drunk. The guys dad is a scout for heaven's sake. If he says the man is a good defender, HE'S A GOOD DEFENDER!!!!

quote:

quote:

i honestly think he lives in new zealand or something with no tv. Its hard for me to believe that someone can be consistently so wrong about everything.