Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Post your Music

The man simply has no equal when it comes to slide playing. This video features pretty bad sound quality and cuts off far too soon, but it's still awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fjKqTZUfTY

Thanks for sharing, that is one awesome video. Love the bottleneck slide, I just picked up 3 new ones myself solely inspired by Duane.

Come Around Sundown is good but Only by the Night...pass.

I couldn't get past the stupid lyrics..."Feel alive, out on a limb, same way as up. I wanna go where we as people should go and I wanna know what goes on..."

smile_svgsad.png

Feed me.

That's the kind of band where you just brush the lyrics off to the side.

That's the kind of band where you just brush the lyrics off to the side.

It's funny but I really liked only by night and because of the times. It was as generic as rock can be but still enjoyable if you're in the mood for something easy on the ears.

It's hard for me to listen to either album now though.

I agree Animal Collective are not geniuses.

Don't tell the sheep at the concert that though - wow. Poserfest.

I wondered if any of you went because the opening act was so horrible. It was some pretentious girl who could not write a song and just hit nice high notes now and then.

Afterwards we met 3 girls who hung out for a while and told us how "ahhhh maaazzzing" she was. I asked them why and if they could remember one of her songs. Anything, any part. They couldn't. Soon after they admitted that maybe she was not as good as they thought...lols.

Anyway, AC played their new music. They had a few killer tracks. But the show seemed like it went forever. They played 2 songs that anyone would recognize.

So obviously they think rather high of themselves to do a $20 show and not play any songs that people would know. Kind of killed the party vibe in the place.

Visually it was excellent, but I did not feel like I was witnessing greatness or even stars to be honest.

It seemed like a lot of people gathered in a theater who wanted to think they knew more about music than they actually did.

Positives: I didn't pay. Beers were cheap upstairs. I was pretty dialed up by hour 2. Ended the night by picking up a girl that may or may not be an erotic dancer.

Haven't listened to the album, but heard this on a playlist and really liked it (mostly the chorus). Is the rest of the album worthwhile?

It's your run-of-the mill 60s pillaging. You've heard it all before, just better. But it's harmless and catchy

It's your run-of-the mill 60s pillaging. You've heard it all before, just better. But it's harmless and catchy

I've needed harmless and catchy lately. I think I got burnt out on some of the stuff I was listening to and needed to revert back to simpler times.