Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official "trade for ____ ? Thread"

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Hey, here is something that I was thinking about and I don't know if it would match up, or if teams would go for it, but I thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thought.

A couple of weeks ago, people were talking about the Pacers looking to trade their #10 pick for a vet PG.

What if the Magic traded Nelson, Bass/Pietrus to the Pacers for Granger and #10 and the Pacers ship TJ Ford to NO. NO trades Paul and Okafor to the Magic for VC and Gortat, as well as give the Posey to the Pacers.

I don't know if those pieces would work with money or even in interest. I just know that those names have come up on this board several times, so I thought I would see if people thought that would work.

Magic get: Paul, Granger, Okafor, #10

Pacers get: Nelson, Bass/Pietrus, Posey

NO get: TJ Ford, VC, Gortat, #29

please just stop

quote:

oh interesting response. im so glad that you put some intelligent thought behind it. Thanks for the input, I'm sure it will contribute to the conversation.

you asked what people thought didnt you? your trade is terrible.

why on earth would the pacers trade granger and the #10 for jameer, bass/pietrus & posey? the pacers give up their franchise player and a lottery pick for nelson and role players where 1 of them has a terrible contract? absolutely never going to happen.

basically this is the kind of trade that only benefits the magic heavily and every other team gets robbed.

satisfied?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

oh interesting response. im so glad that you put some intelligent thought behind it. Thanks for the input, I'm sure it will contribute to the conversation.

why on earth would the pacers trade granger and the #10 for jameer, bass/pietrus & posey? the pacers give up their franchise player and a lottery pick for nelson and role players where 1 of them has a terrible contract? absolutely never going to happen.

basically this is the kind of trade that only benefits the magic heavily and every other team gets robbed.

satisfied?

its one of those trades you make on a video game and have to turn off the ability for computers to refuse trades for it to work.

http://espn.go.com/blog/trueho...urning-up-the-phones

quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been burning up the phone lines the last few days looking for a trade.

They've discussed deals to move up to No. 2 for Evan Turner, a 4 for 7 swap with the Pistons, and have looked at moving their other draft picks (16 and 23) to either get up in the draft or to add another veteran.

However, the most consistent thing I'm hearing is that the team appears to be determined to move Al Jefferson. According to sources they've offered him to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince this week and have also contacted the Pacers about their interest in Jefferson for Troy Murphy's expiring contract.

However, the latest thing I'm hearing out of Minnesota may have the most legs. Sources have told me that the Wolves and Grizzlies have been discussing a swap that would send Jefferson to the Grizzlies for Zach Randolph. The deal would allow the Wolves to save a lot of money over time. Randolph has one year, $17.6 million left on his contract. Jefferson has three years, $42 million left.

According to sources, Randolph's ongoing legal problems aren't an impediment to Minnesota who is doing the trade in an effort to get out of Jefferson's deal and free up more playing time for Kevin Love and potentially Derrick Favors if he falls to them with the No. 4 pick. It's possible the Wolves could either waive Randolph or use his expiring contract to make another trade.

I'll be honest and say I haven't watched much of Al Jefferson enough to really know what kind of player he is, but as far as I know he's a good post scorer and also a good rebounder. Minnesota seems to be more interested in Z-Bo's expiring, and it seems we could offer almost the same with Wince, minus the speculation that Wince is going to jail for dealing drugs.

Maybe with Jefferson, we could move Lewis to the 3 and look for more defensive minded guards instead of dreaming about Wade/Paul.

I guess I could look up Jefferson on draftexpress, but I think instead Lewis or someone else should tell me about him.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

OFFSEASON THREAD YOU TURD.

This falls under "trade for" you moran

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

satisfied?

Because Larry desperately wants a PG to move into the future with and has put the #10 pick up for grabs. Also, Granger is unhappy about the current situation in IN and wants out.

Even if it was a bad trade, which it could have been, you dont have to be an *** about it. Just say that wouldnt work. Your response makes you sound like a ********. Just to show a little respect for another person.

Nets are trying to cut payroll. Could we do a trade for Dooling and Lee using our TE? Dooling only has a partially guaranteed contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Nets are trying to cut payroll. Could we do a trade for Dooling and Lee using our TE? Dooling only has a partially guaranteed contract.

we could. it would help us. haven't heard anything though

All this talk about Luol Deng and another point guard. Vince Carter for Deng and Hinrich works for cap purposes. Probably not likely since Bulls looking to clear cap space to make a run at LeBron. But, if they can't get Lebron, maybe they consider a one-year Carter committment to free space for a later trade or 2011 signing? Deng starts on the wing and Hinrich is our backup PG.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2abkjh5