Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:
Your just trying to make a mockery of Christ

By quoting verses FROM THE BIBLE? LOOOOOOL!

I am asking you to explain them for me, since you are already a serious believer. Im assuming in becoming a serious believer, you have studied your religion intensley..right? RIGHT?

I have only been saved for a few months. I don't have all the answers for you, and you can't try to explain that to someone who doesn't want to listen

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:

<< John 3:3 >>

Jesus replied to him, "Truly, I tell you with certainty, unless a person is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Im still waiting for a reply to those verses I quoted to you.

Sorry was responding to a couple others. Where were we? Oh..

John 20:28 & 20:29

"And Thomas answered and said to him,

`My Lord and my God!'

Jesus said to him, 'Thomas, because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen

and have believed'."

When does Jesus say that he is God? And quote me FROM HIS WORDS.

I will give you some:

John 1:18: No man hath seen God at any time.

Luke 6:12 Now it was in those days that Jesus went to a mountain to pray, and he spent the whole night in prayer to God.

John 5:30 Jesus says: I can of my own self do nothing.

Mark 13:32 No one knows when that day or hour will come-not the angels in heaven, not the Son, but only the Father.

John 14:28 Jesus says: The Father is greater than I.

John 10:29 Jesus says: [My Father] is greater than all.

Mr. D. Howard, this particular thread is in the wrong forum. Please be respectful of the Terms of Service of the Board. I say this as a pastor and a long-standing Board member.

quote:

When Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan and ate the fruit in the Garden of Eden( Genesis) They brought sin into the world. Christ is the only answer for that sin

Wrong.

Ezekiel 18:20 ....The son will not bear the punishment for the father's iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son's iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

Ezek 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Deuteronomy 24:16

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

I'll simply add this

<< 1 Corinthians 2:14 >>

A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them.

So is spiritually something you can "gain" or are you ****ed if you're not born so?

<< John 3:3 >>

Jesus replied to him, "Truly, I tell you with certainty, unless a person is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God."

So, even though God created man in his own image, and he's all powerful, he still managed to mess up on a few people? Or did he purposely create people that aren't spiritual, deeming them to eternal hellfire? Wouldn't that make him not all good?

When Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan and ate the fruit in the Garden of Eden( Genesis) They brought sin into the world. Christ is the only answer for that sin

That has nothing to do with what I asked, and the same could be said about Adam and Eve.

If he was all powerful and all-knowing, he would've known Eve was going to eat the apple, and that led to him punishing them. Even though they were made in his own image, they still ****ed up and he knew it was going to happen. So maybe he's not all good after all. Or all powerful. Or all knowing.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I don't think you guys understand the whole big picture of posting bible verses over and over to each other to disprove one thing after another.

Exactly. It shows that it contradicts itself many times over.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Mr. D. Howard, this particular thread is in the wrong forum. Please be respectful of the Terms of Service of the Board. I say this as a pastor and a long-standing Board member.

my fault, Mods can you move this