Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

I gave you one. You just refused to even respond to it.

You aren't approaching this argument with an open mind at all.

Math and scientific theories cannot be compared. Math is more systematical and differently tested. Just like there is a law of gravity but also a gravitational theory.

scientific theories are for explanations of facts, once again. They aren't meant to be proven 100%. They never can be yet we accept them by principle just like the other examples you never said anything about.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Osprey, what is an alternative to evolution that you believe is correct, and what is the evidence supporting it?

I have my own set of beliefs, that I know as well are untestable. Faith is untestable in a scientific sense. I'm not denying that.

My issue is that we teach Darwin's Theory to children as fact.

Fair enough.

So what should we teach children?

We should teach them both.

What people need to realize, is that these small changes lead to a large change over a long period of time. We only live for a short time, so we cannot witness large changes

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Osprey, what is an alternative to evolution that you believe is correct, and what is the evidence supporting it?

I have my own set of beliefs, that I know as well are untestable. Faith is untestable in a scientific sense. I'm not denying that.

My issue is that we teach Darwin's Theory to children as fact.

Fair enough.

So what should we teach children?

I've always been a fan of giving children the facts and let them decide what they want. Tell them that there is no proof of how life was created, how we all came to be, scientists are currently theorizing on how it could have happened, but it is yet to be proven or tested.

quote:
Originally posted by chaney445:

What people need to realize, is that these small changes lead to a large change over a long period of time. We only live for a short time, so we cannot witness large changes

therefore Osprey may be correct in saying that its not testable?

Unfortunately when evolution IS taught in a science class, it doesn't even HINT anything about a 'beginning' or 'how we as humans came to be.'

Anti-Evolutionists (which are USUALLY religious) just seem to be afraid of it and attack it relentlessly when it does almost nothing to them.

quote:

Should we teach every creation myth in human history. A science class is for teaching science, not religion. Just go take a class on religion.

My point is teach science. Both sides. not all people who believe in intelligent design are Christians or even religious.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

therefore Osprey may be correct in saying that its not testable?

It is testable in other ways. Not every test involves a guy in a lab coat. It is merely a procedure to validate. It can be *ANYTHING* that can help support the hypothesis.

quote:

quote:

Should we teach every creation myth in human history. A science class is for teaching science, not religion. Just go take a class on religion.

My point is teach science. Both sides. not all people who believe in intelligent design are Christians or even religious.

So you're saying intelligent design is science?

quote:

quote:

But evolution is science; religion is an entirely different topic as he said already.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I gave you one. You just refused to even respond to it.

You aren't approaching this argument with an open mind at all.

Math and scientific theories cannot be compared. Math is more systematical and differently tested. Just like there is a law of gravity but also a gravitational theory.

scientific theories are for explanations of facts, once again. They aren't meant to be proven 100%. They never can be yet we accept them by principle just like the other examples you never said anything about.

Actually there is a lot that we have proven as scientific fact. You can't even determine a scientific fact until you test it.