Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

quote:
I thought your retort was funny? It wasn't a joke Confused

No i was serious. if you think it's impossible for humans to arise from lower organisms merely because they aren't as smart as you, that sounds too prideful and ignoring anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

i mean exactly what i said. i find nothing accurate enough. you say there is accuracy in it? i'm curious to hear what you have to present.

I'm gonna get together some articles about its historical accuracy and p.m. you is that cool? Can't do it right now though.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I really hope people aren't using Darwin's "Theory" as an argument against God.

He's not. He says that evolution has very little or nothing to do with the origin or life or the big bang.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

He's not. He says that evolution has very little or nothing to do with the origin or life or the big bang.

Ok, I've read most of this thread, and as a Christian, a lot of it has been very offensive, I choose to avoid talking to those who's minds are shut, but when people start using Darwinian Theory as fact and evidence, I have to stand up and say something.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, I've read most of this thread, and as a Christian, a lot of it has been very offensive, I choose to avoid talking to those who's minds are shut, but when people start using Darwinian Theory as fact and evidence, I have to stand up and say something.

Evolution is a scientific theory. In other words, it has basically been proven.

Ever heard of the theory of gravity?

And nobody in their right mind would use evolution merely to disprove gods. You sound like Ben Stein, and it makes me a little sad.

well, as i've said countless times before, scientific theories not the same 'theories' we use in everyday life.

gravity has a gravitational theory. the germ theory (as in, germs cause sickness) is also theory, but yet they are facts at the same time.

theories are merely explanation of facts. the theory of evolution is moreso about how it happened. the facts of evolution are that all living things are related to one common ancestor, which is pretty much proven through many fields of science that includes DNA, homology, embryology, etc.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it started off offensive but as the debate went on and certain people lost interest it became quite informative. Nothing brought forth that will sway either from their side, but at least should open up the lines of communication.

Actually, jec, it depends on what you are saying is part of the theory.

If you are saying evolutionary theory is "change over time" then yes, I agree with that.

But if you are using Darwin's Theory of Evolution, which includes, random mutations and natural selection in order to create new species, then no, it is not fact, nor is it a theory, as it is impossible to create an experiment which tests the theory. Darwinism is a non-disprovable pseudo-science.

quote:

Actually, jec, it depends on what you are saying is part of the theory.

If you are saying evolutionary theory is "change over time" then yes, I agree with that.

But if you are using Darwin's Theory of Evolution, which includes, random mutations and natural selection in order to create new species, then no, it is not fact, nor is it a theory, as it is impossible to create an experiment which tests the theory. Darwinism is a non-disprovable pseudo-science.

Agreed. And i think they would too.