Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

When's it gonna happen? I could use all the Biblical knowledge I can get

I'll p.m. u some stuff to help you grow spiritually. We may not see eye to eye on certain things like the forever burning in hell stuff. But u are my brother and i will help how i can.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

When's it gonna happen? I could use all the Biblical knowledge I can get

I'll p.m. u some stuff to help you grow spiritually. We may not see eye to eye on certain things like the forever burning in hell stuff. But u are my brother and i will help how i can.

Hey, thanks man

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

I too grow impatient. Where is this divine throwdown?

LOL! I like that title. But that's not what i am about. The private thread has been opened. There is no time limit on this debate. It could rage on...forever icon_wink.gif

Man i could explain every one of those verses that were posted as contradictions because first off they are takin out of context...

Secondly just to answer the first one of the "Fool" issue..

It concerns unbelievers who are in danger of hell. The believers who say the same thing face criminal prosecution, not hell. However, there is still a major question here: Why would God send an unbeliever to hell for saying "You fool!"?

It is important to recognize that Jesus doesn't say that whoever says "You fool!" will be cast into hell fire. Instead He says that he will be in danger of that. There is a big difference in those statements!

Now in regards to us saying we say it with a sinfull desire. Normally i have called someone a fool when i am Self-Righteous, or when i feel superior to them, or when i want to bring attenion to their issue so that i am elevated.. that sort of thing.

God can call someone a fool and its not a falsity. Its the truth and its not a sin to proclaim the truth.

Obviously this in only believable to those who base truth on an absolute truth of a Truthful Person. The only one who claims to be full of truth is God/Jesus. So in that sense God or Jesus can call someone "You Fool"

Paul in galatians is using a derrivitave from of Fool so as not to Name them a fool but that they are acting as if they were a fool.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

Man i could explain every one of those verses that were posted as contradictions because first off they are takin out of context...

Secondly just to answer the first one of the "Fool" issue..

It concerns unbelievers who are in danger of hell. The believers who say the same thing face criminal prosecution, not hell. However, there is still a major question here: Why would God send an unbeliever to hell for saying "You fool!"?

It is important to recognize that Jesus doesn't say that whoever says "You fool!" will be cast into hell fire. Instead He says that he will be in danger of that. There is a big difference in those statements!

Now in regards to us saying we say it with a sinfull desire. Normally i have called someone a fool when i am Self-Righteous, or when i feel superior to them, or when i want to bring attenion to their issue so that i am elevated.. that sort of thing.

God can call someone a fool and its not a falsity. Its the truth and its not a sin to proclaim the truth.

Obviously this in only believable to those who base truth on an absolute truth of a Truthful Person. The only one who claims to be full of truth is God/Jesus. So in that sense God or Jesus can call someone "You Fool"

Paul in galatians is using a derrivitave from of Fool so as not to Name them a fool but that they are acting as if they were a fool.

Nice insight.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

Mr. Dwight Howard, if you are a Christian, Why are you making fun of me? Jesus does not hate, he only loves. Jesus tell us to love each other and not hate. You know well that the chances of us beating the lakers and nuggets are next to zero.

your right jesus doesnt hate

god does

Darthmagic what are you talking about sending? would you consider yourself an evangelical?

Mr. Dwight the post you made concerning eternal fire i found terribly unjustified and without any sense of heartbreak for the plight of whomever you were speaking to.

Paul proclaimed in romans of his unceasing anguish for his jewish brethern and would wish to be cut off from christ if it would save some. I did not sense that desire emanating from you in your post.

Christ didnt come to declare the penalty of sin to unbelievers, but to proclaim that the kingdom had come and to repent of their sins.

Look at the women at the well christ spoke to her in the earthly sense about water and then turned it spiritual and told her he was living water. She asked how she could obtain that.

Just saying... icon_smile.gif

Work on being gracious...

God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble

and it's painfully obvious the christian religion has done a wonderful job brainwashing people

did you know?

75 percent of the nations home schooled children are from evangelical homes?

homes which teach nothing of evolution.

only that god, one day magically decided, to create earth, because he was bored watching the galgomeks play arm wrestling.

i feel bad for kids like tim tebow and dwight howard that were brainwashed by these insanely powerful people, the fact of the matter is the very idea of a single being, knowing 'everything' is completely ridiculous.