Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Dwight Howard

I'm not gonna lie

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

I love it. We can talk about sex, drugs, and anything else but as soon as God and Jesus Christ come up. OHHH NO thats off limits. haha It's all good with me

Don't sweat it buddy. You know darn well it's a sign of the times. You can't even say Merry Christmas anymore. So again don't sweat and it is best to testify to people on an individual basis. It's the only way to see who is hungry for it or not.

Yes, you can say Merry Christmas.

quote:
Its interesting that you point to things that are "intelligently designed" to prove your point. We have all these things (medicine, computers and exercise equipment) that came about through careful study and research.

..which used science. i don't see what your point is yet.

quote:
Yet you believe in a theory that basically says, there was no thought or design, or research that went into you. The complex, intricate, carefully crafted body, and mind that you have. You who are the most amazing creature of all. You just came about by a random set of occurrences. Guided by no intent or will of any higher being.

what did i say what evolution was last night? i said it merely states that all organisms are related. you are making it mean more than it says.

quote:
If we really are children of evolution, then why don't we truly live it? Why do we live intelligent design?

i'm not sure exactly what this is asking but i'll take a guess: do you consider a whale having hooves in his tail fin 'intelligent design'? i sure don't.

quote:
Evolution. Can you show me the missing link? Have you ever looked at the what the odds might be of a big bang just accidentally creating life. Where did that first cell come from? I am one that truly believes that it takes greater faith to believe in the THEORY of evolution verses believing that this had to start with a living being somewhere.

for one, evolution does not 'link' itself with big bang, or the 'first organism' because evolution merely talks about all living things being related and slowly changing throughout life. that's it. that is all it says.

quote:
I am not here to argue with you but if you want to take the Jesus thing a step further, then just look around you. No one person gets more personal attacks than Jesus.

well duh look at where you live. you live in a country dominated by christianity, and that's what people will talk about. lol

and giving me a bible verse is pointless; i don't take the bible seriously.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

LOL there are creationists here.

Can somebody move this to off topic? The 4 game losing streak is bad enough.

You should be glad that there are believers on here. Our team could really use the prayer. icon_wink.gif

Evolution and the Big Bang are entirely unrelated, and to suggest otherwise signifies obvious ignorance of the subject.

Evolution does nothing to explain the origin of life, either.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Its interesting that you point to things that are "intelligently designed" to prove your point. We have all these things (medicine, computers and exercise equipment) that came about through careful study and research.

quote:
Yet you believe in a theory that basically says, there was no thought or design, or research that went into you. The complex, intricate, carefully crafted body, and mind that you have. You who are the most amazing creature of all. You just came about by a random set of occurrences. Guided by no intent or will of any higher being.

what did i say what evolution was last night? i said it merely states that all organisms are related. you are making it mean more than it says.

quote:
If we really are children of evolution, then why don't we truly live it? Why do we live intelligent design?

i'm not sure exactly what this is asking but i'll take a guess: do you consider a whale having hooves in his tail fin 'intelligent design'? i sure don't.

quote:
Evolution. Can you show me the missing link? Have you ever looked at the what the odds might be of a big bang just accidentally creating life. Where did that first cell come from? I am one that truly believes that it takes greater faith to believe in the THEORY of evolution verses believing that this had to start with a living being somewhere.

for one, evolution does not 'link' itself with big bang, or the 'first organism' because evolution merely talks about all living things being related and slowly changing throughout life. that's it. that is all it says.

quote:
I am not here to argue with you but if you want to take the Jesus thing a step further, then just look around you. No one person gets more personal attacks than Jesus.

well duh look at where you live. you live in a country dominated by christianity, and that's what people will talk about. lol

It really does not matter because I don't take you seriously neither. I mean come on you are intelligent. Your great great ancestors were apes?

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

LOL there are creationists here.

Can somebody move this to off topic? The 4 game losing streak is bad enough.

You should be glad that there are believers on here. Our team could really use the prayer. icon_wink.gif

Would prayer to Allah work the same way? Or is Allah a Cavs fan?

Wait, that's the same god. What about Zeus?

quote:

you know i should be a science teacher.

I understand where your coming from with the evolution thing, and honestly I have to study to even begin to understand it, but what do you believe is the origin of life then? big bang or one of the other scientific theories?

quote:
It really does not matter because I don't take you seriously neither. I mean come on you are intelligent. Your great great ancestors were apes?

You are simply too proud to admit you are an animal.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

quote:

you know i should be a science teacher.

I understand where your coming from with the evolution thing, and honestly I have to study to even begin to understand it, but what do you believe is the origin of life then? big bang or one of the other scientific theories?

I am an atheist.

what you must understand is that the big bang doesn't even say anything about how the life started. the big bang wasn't even a bang! it is merely a scientific theory that states that the universe is moving outward, and it started at a single point. it doesn't contradict any god or anything you believe. i don't understand why it gets so many attacks.

as for my personal beliefs: i am an atheist. i think that's the best way i can put my beliefs down. do no gods exist? i don't know. does any god exist? i don't know.

i don't know more than what hasn't been detected, thus, my beliefs are just .. that.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure about ur definition of evolution here.

evolution (v-lshn)

1. The process by which species of organisms arise from earlier life forms and undergo change over time through natural selection. The modern understanding of the origins of species is based on the theories of Charles Darwin combined with a modern knowledge of genetics based on the work of Gregor Mendel. Darwin observed there is a certain amount of variation of traits or characteristics among the different individuals belonging to a population. Some of these traits confer fitnessthey allow the individual organism that possesses them to survive in their environment better than other individuals who do not possess them and to leave more offspring. The offspring then inherit the beneficial traits, and over time the adaptive trait spreads through the population. In twentieth century, the development of the the science of genetics helped explain the origin of the variation of the traits between individual organisms and the way in which they are passed from generation to generation. This basic model of evolution has since been further refined, and the role of genetic drift and sexual selection in the evolution of populations has been recognized.

Again, you are narrowing evolution. Its more complex than that. but u say that we do not start form square one, while you openly admit to not taking the bible seriously. wouldn't it stand to reason that you are not starting from square one either? If you do not take the book seriously then how can you for a realistic unbiased view. you have dismissed it. u have made up your mind.