Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Hollinger suggests Orl. to help Wiz w/ L.T. situation(Insider)

This would be a nice deal for all involved..

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yz97apx

We trade:

Pietrus and Bass

and Get:

Butler

Then we trade Exception for Haywood..

We then turn around and trade Gortat for a Draft Pick.

This way our team Gets:

Butler

Haywood

Draft Pick

Gets rid of:

Pietrus

Bass

Gortat

This helps the Magic by getting a pure Starter at SF, and a Very good back-up Center in Haywood. While adding a pick in the Draft.

We help Washington clear almost 7 million off of there Cap, and they get 2 good younger players to help rebuild..

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

We trade:

Pietrus and Bass

and Get:

Butler

This way our team Gets:

Butler

Haywood

Draft Pick

Gets rid of:

Pietrus

Bass

Gortat

This helps the Magic by getting a pure Starter at SF, and a Very good back-up Center in Haywood. While adding a pick in the Draft.

We help Washington clear almost 7 million off of there Cap, and they get 2 good younger players to help rebuild..

I did

AJ

JJ

Gortat

for

Haywood

Foye.

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

We trade:

Pietrus and Bass

and Get:

Butler

This way our team Gets:

Butler

Haywood

Draft Pick

Gets rid of:

Pietrus

Bass

Gortat

Aren't you one of those insider guys. Text/tweet/email/call/carrier pigeon somebody.

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Peitrus is a key defender for this team. Otis isn't stupid.

Sorry to say Butler is a more lockdown defender than MP! It's proven already.

proven where?

Look at career statistics. Caron is slightly better and mind you they both guard the best perimeter player for opposing teams and Caron has more size to him and sometimes guards the other teams PF!

no, statistically since he's gotten to washington he's allowed more points per possession then pietrus

Trading Bass and Gortat for Haywood is just a bad deal for us. We would lose the only true PF we have.

If The Cavs get let's say Jamison, then Otis will look to make a trade also, but if they Cavs stay as they are, then Otis will not use the TPE.

I honestly don't think there is a need for another shooter (Butler)

For every poster that says Butler is just another shooter, just imagine this.

You know the times where Barnes or Pietrus jack up/miss a wild 3? Or the time Pietrus steps out of bounds on what could have been a game changing posession? Or when Pietrus thinks he's Kobe. Or where Barnes misses a wide open jumper.

Well, with Butler those are some things you don't really have to worry about on a game by game basis.

Don't get me wrong, I love both players and what they bring to the table, but we're talking about an All-Star caliber small forward who does a bit of everything and doesn't make those kind of mistakes. Also, his free throw percentage is dynamite, something this team lacks in crunch time when we need that guy who is capable of attacking the basket and drawing the foul. Obviously, Vince isn't really up to it just yet at this stage in his Orlando career.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

Trading Bass and Gortat for Haywood is just a bad deal for us. We would lose the only true PF we have.

If The Cavs get let's say Jamison, then Otis will look to make a trade also, but if they Cavs stay as they are, then Otis will not use the TPE.

butler isn't a shooter. he only shoots 30% from the 3. He generally shoots 45 or 46% from the field though this year he's shooting 42.8%

he's a good slasher/ midrange guy. He's a system guy who can fit into a role.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

You know the times where Barnes or Pietrus jack up/miss a wild 3? Or the time Pietrus steps out of bounds on what could have been a game changing posession? Or when Pietrus thinks he's Kobe. Or where Barnes misses a wide open jumper.

Well, with Butler those are some thigns you don't really have to worry about on a game by game basis.

Don't get me wrong, I love both players and what they bring to the table, but we're talking about an All-Star caliber small forward who does a bit of everything and doesn't make those kind of mistakes. Also, his free throw percentage is dynamite, something this team lacks in crunch time when we need that guy who is capable of attacking the basket and drawing the foul. Obviously, Vince isn't really up to it just yet at this stage in his Orlando career.

Yes and with him here YOU HAVE TO guard every single player on the court, whereas with Barnes or Pietrus out there you can leave them from time to time to double Dwight in the post.

I went to the Wizards boards and asked what they thought of Tat Bass and Pietrus for Butler and Haywood and they feel that a deal of TJ Ford Brandon Rush and the Pacers draft pick is a better deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Well, with Butler those are some things you don't really have to worry about on a game by game basis.

Very good analysis brotha man and people you must realize as long as teams run zone defenses then there will be more shooting then slashing because zones are made to prevent slashing and penetration. So enough with the he's just a shooter talk. Everyone is developing jumpshots now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

butler isn't a shooter. he only shoots 30% from the 3. He generally shoots 45 or 46% from the field though this year he's shooting 42.8%

he's a good slasher/ midrange guy. He's a system guy who can fit into a role.

I didn't mean exactly that, but good point. I was trying to say that he may take a few more shots than Barnes.

i really dont understand how people think peaches is a key defender how many times has he put the 3 point shooter on the line?

key defenders dont fall for fakes game in game out.