Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Why there will not be a significant trade

Is it just me or does this feel like another Jordan type era. The Lakers are the clear favorite in the NBA. It feels like it is them and everyone else. I log on to these message board and there is always some type of trade idea. I am just as guilty as anyone because it is fun to try and figure out how to make the team you root for better. However, if you look at our team each player is untradable for one reason or another.

If you look at our starting 5 we have no choice but to let them build chemistry because that is our best chance to get better. I still maintain trying Lewis at the SF position for big stretches in a few games will pay off come playoff time. Other than that there is not much else you can do.

Many argue that Jameer is injury prone so we need an upgrade at the PG position. That may indeed be true, but you are not going to find that great of a replacement for Jameer until maybe the offseason.

If you look at our bench we have a guy like Bass who cannot even sniff the court most games and he deserves some PT. So how can you justify making a trade when you have a player that should start in the NBA not getting any PT?

It seems the only thing we have of value that we can trade that will not hurt our team this season is our trade exception. If we can parlay that in to another point guard, that seems to be the ONLY logical move Otis can make.

Other than that there will not be any significant trades before the trade deadline. your thoughts?

Is it just me or does this feel like another Jordan type era. The Lakers are the clear favorite in the NBA. It feels like it is them and everyone else. I log on to these message board and there is always some type of trade idea. I am just as guilty as anyone because it is fun to try and figure out how to make the team you root for better. However, if you look at our team each player is untradable for one reason or another.

If you look at our starting 5 we have no choice but to let them build chemistry because that is our best chance to get better. I still maintain trying Lewis at the SF position for big stretches in a few games will pay off come playoff time. Other than that there is not much else you can do.

Many argue that Jameer is injury prone so we need an upgrade at the PG position. That may indeed be true, but you are not going to find that great of a replacement for Jameer until maybe the offseason.

If you look at our bench we have a guy like Bass who cannot even sniff the court most games and he deserves some PT. So how can you justify making a trade when you have a player that should start in the NBA not getting any PT?

It seems the only thing we have of value that we can trade that will not hurt our team this season is our trade exception. If we can parlay that in to another point guard, that seems to be the ONLY logical move Otis can make.

Other than that there will not be any significant trades before the trade deadline. your thoughts?

Our deep roster and Hedo's trade exception makes us an interesting partner.

I think Otis will field quite a few calls and if someone offers something he feels will make us better, he'll go for it.

Tha Magic are in the mix, but they are not a clear favorite to win it all. As long as that is the csse, the possibility of a trade cannot be discounted.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Our deep roster and Hedo's trade exception makes us an interesting partner.

I think Otis will field quite a few calls and if someone offers something he feels will make us better, he'll go for it.

Tha Magic are in the mix, but they are not a clear favorite to win it all. As long as that is the csse, the possibility of a trade cannot be discounted.

Agree

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Jameer + our team Dr. and Gortat for CP3. Do it.

Ok who would be our backup center if we trade away Gortat. If we could get Hilton Armstrong included in that deal or some kind of backup center then I'm all for that deal. We need a backup big man if Gortat goes. Unless you guys think that Bass can hold it down for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

That was a joke. But I still would do that trade

Oh ok. I didn't catch on to that. But I saw that there were rumors that the Lakers are offering Bynum, Farmar and 1st rounder for Paul. We could offer what you said Gortat, Nelson for Paul as well. But he would probably still choose the Lakers over us anyways.

I would trade Lewis, Gortat and Jameer for CP3 & Okafor. That might be the fairest trade for both sides, because we would not want to give up that much and neither would the Hornets. When you have a trade that both sides feels like they gave up a little too much, then that is a fair trade all the way around.

No way would the Hornets make a trade with any incoming players that has a contract over 2 or 3 years as big as Shard's.

Their whole goal is to shed their big contracts not trade for even bigger ones.