Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

MP 8 01/1/1 sevlowrebmiT @ cigaM :daerhT emaG

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I refuse to do the backwards thing on this, but here's some X-Factors anyway. =P

X-Factors:

Jonny Flynn for the T-Wolves, and Rashard Lewis for the Magic. Flynn has had a solid, but not spectacular rookie season so far, and Jameer, J-Will, and the rest of the Magic need to keep it that way. If Flynn explodes and Jefferson, Love, Brewer play their usual games, the T-Wolves have a chance to pull the massive upset.

Despite having only 7 wins on the season, take it from me, Kevin Love has been ballin' since his return from injury. Particularly on the boards, it is important for Shard to be solid and get his act together tonight.

This team would be semi-decent if they played on the Eastern Conference, but the deeper West feasts on these guys. HOWEVER, Utah just barely beat Minnesota the other night by only 4 points and the Wolves have actually won 4 of their last 9 games, including a two point win IN Utah.

Magic win on the road to go to 24-8, but in far too close a fashion than their fickle critics would like (they know who they are).

Orlando 100

Minnesota 94

ALMOST perfect... I undercut Orlando by 6 points. Flynn did indeed did come through for Minnesota with the uncharacteristic three point shots. Rashard did nothing against Kevin Love in the rebounding department, but he made up for it with five threes.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:
RA drives more in a quarter than Lewis will in an entire game.

Why do people hate on Shard's game? He's very unselfish, moves the ball well and can nail the 3. The Magic hadn't won a playoff series until Shard came along, and since he's been here we've had two 50-win seasons. I'd say he's pretty darn good.

Because he should be doing more given his contract and potential.

If Rashard got the touches that Vince, Jameer, or Dwight got, or had the offense run through him you would see a different player. But on a loaded team like this his role is to be just another scoring cog in the machine.

It's hardly scoring I care about from him. It's not boxing out, and almost lack of hustling from him. He is a key to this team's success, and maybe he's just riding the slow train to the playoffs, but he's still overpaid.

You could say it shouldn't matter to us fans since it's not really our money, but his contract really kills us in the long run (he won't get any younger, doubt his level of play will improve at all).

Its not an unwillingness to box out. Kevin Love routinely gets 4 to 5 offensive rebounds a game against guys that are much stronger than Rashard. Expecting him to keep Love off the glass is very unrealistic. Stan knew that going into the game. He also knew that Love wasn't going to be able to cover him on the other end, which is why both Rashard and Anderson got so many wide open 3s. For a guy that is basically still playing out of position, Rashard does a very nice job on post defense and on most nights, when he isn't playing a beast like Kevin Love, does a alright job on the glass as well.

I honestly thought the Rashard contract complaints were over after last year's playoff run. If it weren't for Rashard, the Magic don't make the finals. He has hit more clutch shots than I can count...including a couple of big ones tonight. Its not a coincidence that the team defense greatly improved once Rashard came back from suspension. That seems to be a fact that you are missing...probably because you choose to dwell on the fact that he doesn't finish at the rim like Lebron James.

I guess you can continue to ignore everything I said and just base your entire post on ONE thing I was barely focusing on.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:
RA drives more in a quarter than Lewis will in an entire game.

Why do people hate on Shard's game? He's very unselfish, moves the ball well and can nail the 3. The Magic hadn't won a playoff series until Shard came along, and since he's been here we've had two 50-win seasons. I'd say he's pretty darn good.

Because he should be doing more given his contract and potential.

If Rashard got the touches that Vince, Jameer, or Dwight got, or had the offense run through him you would see a different player. But on a loaded team like this his role is to be just another scoring cog in the machine.

It's hardly scoring I care about from him. It's not boxing out, and almost lack of hustling from him. He is a key to this team's success, and maybe he's just riding the slow train to the playoffs, but he's still overpaid.

You could say it shouldn't matter to us fans since it's not really our money, but his contract really kills us in the long run (he won't get any younger, doubt his level of play will improve at all).

Its not an unwillingness to box out. Kevin Love routinely gets 4 to 5 offensive rebounds a game against guys that are much stronger than Rashard. Expecting him to keep Love off the glass is very unrealistic. Stan knew that going into the game. He also knew that Love wasn't going to be able to cover him on the other end, which is why both Rashard and Anderson got so many wide open 3s. For a guy that is basically still playing out of position, Rashard does a very nice job on post defense and on most nights, when he isn't playing a beast like Kevin Love, does a alright job on the glass as well.

I honestly thought the Rashard contract complaints were over after last year's playoff run. If it weren't for Rashard, the Magic don't make the finals. He has hit more clutch shots than I can count...including a couple of big ones tonight. Its not a coincidence that the team defense greatly improved once Rashard came back from suspension. That seems to be a fact that you are missing...probably because you choose to dwell on the fact that he doesn't finish at the rim like Lebron James.

I guess you can continue to ignore everything I said and just base your entire post on ONE thing I was barely focusing on.

Ok, a couple of things here:

First off, "continue to ignore" would suggest that I've discussed this subject with you before. I haven't. You posted your thoughts on a subject, I made a counter argument, and you wrote it off as if I'm out to get you. If you prefer not to have the discussion the simplest thing to do is don't reply. Just don't act like I'm starting a internet war.

Secondly, in your above post, you complained about Rashard getting beat on the glass and his contract. I've also noticed you complain about his inability to finish at the rim. What exactly am I missing? If you are going to accuse me of ignoring the important points of your post, it would help if you actually included those points in the initial post that I replied to.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

the magic team seems to play better in the second half. i wonder if it's because they already get in the groove.

It seems like that every game now, elite team or not.