Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

MP 8 01/1/1 sevlowrebmiT @ cigaM :daerhT emaG

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

ball knocked out of howard's hands again.

Really? Are you telling me that this guy who shoots an extremely high field goal percentage has trouble keeping control of the ball in the post? icon_rolleyes.gif

you're catching on. Good boy.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

It's hardly scoring I care about from him. It's not boxing out, and almost lack of hustling from him. He is a key to this team's success, and maybe he's just riding the slow train to the playoffs, but he's still overpaid.

You could say it shouldn't matter to us fans since it's not really our money, but his contract really kills us in the long run (he won't get any younger, doubt his level of play will improve at all).

When his contract was initially signed he was supposed to come in here and be 'the guy' next to Dwight at SF. No one saw Hedo's development into the MIP, or Jameer becoming an All-Star, all of which turned Lewis into the 4th scoring option on the starting lineup. Then Vince comes in and keeps Rashard lower on the totem pole. So while he is over paid, he also is not being used the way he was supposed to be when he is initially brought in. As for his age and level of play thats the beautiful thing, hes not an athletic kind of wing but rather a sharp shooter. Those kind of players have much better longevity in this league.

As for his defense, and getting beat to the boards, I think for your mistaking a lack of hustle for just a lack of ability. I believe he simply is just not able to out rebound these bigger stronger guys like Love, or others like Gasol and Garnett.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

ball knocked out of howard's hands again.

Why do you think that is?

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

It's hardly scoring I care about from him. It's not boxing out, and almost lack of hustling from him. He is a key to this team's success, and maybe he's just riding the slow train to the playoffs, but he's still overpaid.

You could say it shouldn't matter to us fans since it's not really our money, but his contract really kills us in the long run (he won't get any younger, doubt his level of play will improve at all).

When his contract was initially signed he was supposed to come in here and be 'the guy' next to Dwight at SF. No one saw Hedo's development into the MIP, or Jameer becoming an All-Star, all of which turned Lewis into the 4th scoring option on the starting lineup. Then Vince comes in and keeps Rashard lower on the totem pole. So while he is over paid, he also is not being used the way he was supposed to be when he is initially brought in. As for his age and level of play thats the beautiful thing, hes not an athletic kind of wing but rather a sharp shooter. Those kind of players have much better longevity in this league.

As for his defense, and getting beat to the boards, I think for your mistaking a lack of hustle for just a lack of ability. I believe he simply is just not able to out rebound these bigger stronger guys like Love, or others like Gasol and Garnett.

Like I said, I'm not so much talking about his offensive game as much as his lack of hustle and boxing out/rebounding. It's not just this game, it's been almost every night. He just looks too cruise control on a lot of these games, but we've all seen what he can do for us in the playoffs, so I'm not too worried.