ELI

Suns Sport, Fox Sport, Bright House

quote:
Originally posted by obie:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

FX??!! No more always sunny in philly...that blows!!!!

THIS.

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif Next season doesn't start till September so i would think they would have a deal by then lol.

always-sunny1.jpg

Let's call ourselves the Pecan Sandies!

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by obie:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

FX??!! No more always sunny in philly...that blows!!!!

THIS.

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif Next season doesn't start till September so i would think they would have a deal by then lol.

always-sunny1.jpg

Let's call ourselves the Pecan Sandies!

NO WE ARE CHEMICAL TOILET!!

Bright House pisses me the hell off, but this is all on FOX. They are demanding more money for no reason at all. They want Bright House to pay them more money to let us watch their shows, which in the end will cause us people to pay more money in order to watch FOX. They have released all these commercials and things to get people angry at BH, but FOX is the one screwing us over here. BH is trying to get us these channels at the lowest price possible, I would be shocked if they let FOX go. A lot of people will change, but it's not really their fault FOX feels they deserve more money for the same thing we've been getting for years.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Bright House pisses me the hell off, but this is all on FOX. They are demanding more money for no reason at all. They want Bright House to pay them more money to let us watch their shows, which in the end will cause us people to pay more money in order to watch FOX. They have released all these commercials and things to get people angry at BH, but FOX is the one screwing us over here. BH is trying to get us these channels at the lowest price possible, I would be shocked if they let FOX go. A lot of people will change, but it's not really their fault FOX feels they deserve more money for the same thing we've been getting for years.

100% Agreed!!

The two sides are playing Chicken. Time Warner is a HUGE company with a HUGE viewership and FOX can simply not afford to miss out on them. From what I can understand, FOX is seeking $1 per month per subscriber. Assuming there are 10 million Time Warner subscribers (there are probably more), that's $120 million per year. If they can't reach an agreement to half the amount FOX is seeking, they are missing out entirely on $60 million.

FOX is doing really the only thing they can in terms of posturing to get the best deal. Time Warner would simply pass the cost onto us, so in reality they are fighting for us. They are playing Chicken, first one to swerve loses. If nobody swerves, everybody loses. They will eventually settle and no one will be happy.

quote:
Originally posted by ELI:

not looking good, new update..... switch networks if you can,

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/3...ner_cable_fox_kerry/

guess that depends on how you look at it..the last paragraph of that article..i'll think positive..

"

The companies will likely come to an agreement, however. Last year Time Warner Cable and Viacom (VIA), which owns MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, were deadlocked in a similar battle but reached an agreement early on Jan. 1. "