Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Howard's struggles offensively w/ C's are a concern(Sentinel)

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

I think it's time time for him to try to improve his game. First he can not post Perkins from 10 feet out. He needs to keep moving and get closer to the basket. The problem is that we have absolutely no one who can make an entry pass to him when he is open. He needs to really spend the summer working on a game while facing the basket. He owes that to his team mates. How can Perkins and and these physical centers keep dominationg Dwight? Five points tonight, are you kidding me? Also the more I watch of Meer, the more I realize this team really needs a very good pg to get to the next level. I like Meer but he will not get us there. I think the proof was in the pudding last year when he came back. Rafer ran this team better. I hate it when he just walks the ball up ALL the time. We need someone who will push the ball as this team struggles mightily against the good teams in a half court game. We are not a very good half court team unless we are playing the weak sisters of the NBA. And don't get me started against Marshamallow. I have never ever seen a softer player in my life. Lewis is the most one dimensional player I have ever seen. A total waste of 18 million. With that said we are still the 3rd best team in our Conference. Hopefully Boston and Cleveland will be gone before we can play them in the playoffs.

You say he needs to spend his summer on getting better, well wasn't he suppose to do that the summer just past? All he ****ing did was make movies and globe trot the whole **** time. Except it for what it is. The young dumbass jit is not ready to take basketball seriously yet. He'll tell you his **** self. He wants to do other things and have fun while he's young, and basketball is not his whole life. These are words that have come out of his mouth. Maybe around the age of 27 or 28 you will see his full potential. But you can forget that **** right now. He's just does not have the mental like the great ones have.

Yeah I really thought Howard was going to work on something this summer; I thought losing in the finals would help him develop some kind of go-to but I don't know if he even attempted to try; his offensive game is still mostly the same.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

You know if you want the truth about Bass he was basically just to take Battie's place, and we know how much playing time he got.

Yet Bass can play the entire season on the Mavericks. SVG is a fraud. In Miami heed had Wade, Butler and Odom. That's a hell of a three to have on a team. Now he come to Orlando with talent out the ***, and people says he is a great coach. Why in the hell do you think he got fired in Miami?

quote:
Originally posted by Kush:

quote:

You know if you want the truth about Bass he was basically just to take Battie's place, and we know how much playing time he got.

Yet Bass can play the entire season on the Mavericks. SVG is a fraud. In Miami he had Wade, Butler and Odom. That's a hell of a three to have on a team. Now he comes to Orlando with talent out the ***, and people says he is a great coach. Why in the hell do you think he got fired in Miami?

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I heard Van Gundy clearly say to the players during a timeout that they were walking up court and shooting the ball or passing once and shooting the ball. After the timeout, they continued to do exactly what the coach told them not to do. I hope these players aren't starting to tune out Van Gundy. It seems like he's doing his job but not getting the cooperation.

I heard Stan say this too, O-dub. As a matter of fact, before I heard Stan say it, I was thinking the very same thing.

I just don't understand this team. Some of it can be blamed on Stan for not running different plays, but basic stuff like pushing the ball up the court, passing the ball more (and less standing around watching one player) is on the players on the court.

The problem with this team is too many big name stars or former stars...who are making big money... (and wannabe stars), and some of them want to be the star every night to make the highlight tape. So they just tune out Stan for their own selfish reasons, knowing Stan is not going to bench them, because they are making too much money to ride the pines.

And, yes, I do have a problem with Jameer. I know he is returning from being injured, but if he can't push the ball up the court, then sit his behind down.

I do remember that Dwight was benched or was called out by Stan once last season, and the next game he played a whole lot better.

quote:

quote:

Yet Bass can play the entire season on the Mavericks. SVG is a fraud. In Miami heed had Wade, Butler and Odom. That's a hell of a three to have on a team. Now he come to Orlando with talent out the ***, and people says he is a great coach. Why in the hell do you think he got fired in Miami?

He didn't get fired. He left and Pat Riley took over.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

He didn't get fired. He left and Pat Riley took over.

He got fired.

He was forced out because Riley wanted to coach again, not because of poor performance. To add to that, he was still a part of the staff with the Heat, and was on the verge of taking the King's coaching job when we were lucky enough to get him.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

He was forced out because Riley wanted to coach again, not because of poor performance. To add to that, he was still a part of the staff with the Heat, and was on the verge of taking the King's coaching job when we were lucky enough to get him.

Like I said he was fired. And on the staff **** you're talking about was a meaningless job where he did nothing. It was to save face and make it not look like a firing. Some of the players wanted him out particularly Shaq, and he got FIRED.

Lets recall how teams defend us:

1. Push Dwight out of the paint as much as possible. If he gets the ball around the paint area, force him to take the ball on the floor(help-defense comes) and finish in traffic.

2. Nelson is not a great penetrator and there is Dwight under the basket, just play physically on him. The only time Nelson isn't containable is when he shoots a J off a pick and roll.

3. Put a body on Lewis and never leaves him open. Lewis's driving ability is limited and there is a significant amount of time he doesn't convert a running J or layup.

4. Dont give MP many open looks and force MP to shoot the fadeaways.

5. Cut the driving lane and force the VC to shoot jumpers.

I think those strategies work well against us. our offense is very predictable and its tough to against better teams in the playoffs. hopefully SVG will figure something out soon..

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

Lets recall how teams defend us:

1. Push Dwight out of the paint as much as possible. If he gets the ball around the paint area, force him to take the ball on the floor(help-defense comes) and finish in traffic.

2. Nelson is not a great penetrator and there is Dwight under the basket, just play physically on him. The only time Nelson isn't containable is when he shoots a J off a pick and roll.

3. Put a body on Lewis and never leaves him open. Lewis's driving ability is limited and there is a significant amount of time he doesn't convert a running J or layup.

4. Dont give MP many open looks and force MP to shoot the fadeaways.

5. Cut the driving lane and force the VC to shoot jumpers.

I think those strategies work well against us. our offense is very predictable and its tough to against better teams in the playoffs. hopefully SVG will figure something out soon..

Bingo. We have become too predictable.