Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Howard's struggles offensively w/ C's are a concern(Sentinel)

quote:

Kendrick Perkins, Rasheed Wallace and Shelden Williams stifled Howard all afternoon long. Howard finished with a season-low five points and committed a season-high seven turnovers as the Magic lost 86-77. Howard took just seven shots.

"I don't know what the answer to that is," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We have not been able to establish him in the post against them and it's frustrating because we should be able to. I have to find an answer to that. I'm frustrated. I'm not frustrated with Dwight. I'm frustrated with myself."

Van Gundy approached Howard for a quick one-on-one talk in the locker room after the game. Howard told reporters later that Van Gundy recognizes the team needs to "establish an inside presence" against all opponents, including the Celtics.

"We know what we have to do," Howard said after Van Gundy spoke with him. "If I'm not getting the ball, just go to the glass and make an extra effort to get the offensive rebound. There's going to be nights where I don't touch the ball. just can't let that frustrate me and make me stop playing basketball."

SEVEN turnovers...OUCH!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...1225,0,5334856.story

quote:

Kendrick Perkins, Rasheed Wallace and Shelden Williams stifled Howard all afternoon long. Howard finished with a season-low five points and committed a season-high seven turnovers as the Magic lost 86-77. Howard took just seven shots.

"I don't know what the answer to that is," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "We have not been able to establish him in the post against them and it's frustrating because we should be able to. I have to find an answer to that. I'm frustrated. I'm not frustrated with Dwight. I'm frustrated with myself."

Van Gundy approached Howard for a quick one-on-one talk in the locker room after the game. Howard told reporters later that Van Gundy recognizes the team needs to "establish an inside presence" against all opponents, including the Celtics.

"We know what we have to do," Howard said after Van Gundy spoke with him. "If I'm not getting the ball, just go to the glass and make an extra effort to get the offensive rebound. There's going to be nights where I don't touch the ball. just can't let that frustrate me and make me stop playing basketball."

SEVEN turnovers...OUCH!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...1225,0,5334856.story

Howard takes too damm long to make his move. Honestly, orlando just had a bad shooting game and should have started to take it to the basket earlier instead of waiting until the second half.

I think it's time time for him to try to improve his game. First he can not post Perkins from 10 feet out. He needs to keep moving and get closer to the basket. The problem is that we have absolutely no one who can make an entry pass to him when he is open. He needs to really spend the summer working on a game while facing the basket. He owes that to his team mates. How can Perkins and and these physical centers keep dominationg Dwight? Five points tonight, are you kidding me? Also the more I watch of Meer, the more I realize this team really needs a very good pg to get to the next level. I like Meer but he will not get us there. I think the proof was in the pudding last year when he came back. Rafer ran this team better. I hate it when he just walks the ball up ALL the time. We need someone who will push the ball as this team struggles mightily against the good teams in a half court game. We are not a very good half court team unless we are playing the weak sisters of the NBA. And don't get me started against Marshamallow. I have never ever seen a softer player in my life. Lewis is the most one dimensional player I have ever seen. A total waste of 18 million. With that said we are still the 3rd best team in our Conference. Hopefully Boston and Cleveland will be gone before we can play them in the playoffs.

Stats for thought...

Dwight played almost 44 minutes and had only 7 FG Attempts and only 4 FT Attempts.

7 Turnovers on top of that.

He did grab 20 rebounds and 4 blocks. His defense was good, but just didn't perform well on offense. Bad game, at least they have plenty of timeoff to think about it.

I don't think you can 100% put the blame on Ewing, thats sort of unfair. Even though I do agree Ewing isn't really helping that much, but it's ultimately up to Dwight to improve himself. During the offseason, he thinks it's more important to promote himself on TV and make public appearances rather than work on his game. So is he really satisfied with his game? If Dwight doesn't want it, then nobody can help him.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

I think it's time time for him to try to improve his game. First he can not post Perkins from 10 feet out. He needs to keep moving and get closer to the basket. The problem is that we have absolutely no one who can make an entry pass to him when he is open. He needs to really spend the summer working on a game while facing the basket. He owes that to his team mates. How can Perkins and and these physical centers keep dominationg Dwight? Five points tonight, are you kidding me? Also the more I watch of Meer, the more I realize this team really needs a very good pg to get to the next level. I like Meer but he will not get us there. I think the proof was in the pudding last year when he came back. Rafer ran this team better. I hate it when he just walks the ball up ALL the time. We need someone who will push the ball as this team struggles mightily against the good teams in a half court game. We are not a very good half court team unless we are playing the weak sisters of the NBA. And don't get me started against Marshamallow. I have never ever seen a softer player in my life. Lewis is the most one dimensional player I have ever seen. A total waste of 18 million. With that said we are still the 3rd best team in our Conference. Hopefully Boston and Cleveland will be gone before we can play them in the playoffs.

He keeps doing this then i say we keep wasting 18 mil.

Look I know the guy is a good shooter. He does hit some big shots but maybe just maybe if he did other things it would not even come down to that. I am just so frustrated with how soft he is and his lack of hustle.