Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

OK, if we want defense:

ORL ACQUIRES: Shane Battier(HOU), Tony Battie(NJ), Josh Boone(NJ), Courtney LEE(NJ)

HOU ACQUIRES: Marcin Gortat(ORL), David Lee(NYK), JJ Redick(ORL), Keyon Dooling(NJ), Darko Milicic (NYK)

NYK AC QUIRES: Tracy McGrady(HOU), Luis Scola(Hou), Bobby Simmons(NJ)

NJ ACQUIREES: Mickael Pietrus(ORL), Al Harrington(NYK), Eddy Curry(NYK), ORL TPE($6.6M)

I'd say that this would prepare us for the playoffs. New Jersey and New York get to dump a few salaries for expiring contracts, Houston upgrades their bigman dilema, and Orlando acquires lockdown perimeter defense while also getting 2 big men who can play decent defense and get their 6 fouls

oh dear lol

your assuming that we'd want battie and boone, boone is terrible.

You're assuming that Foyle is better than Boone? Come playoffs,every team neds that guy who can come in and get the 6 good, hard fouls, and I'm not necessarily saying that Boone would be that guy but when compared to Foyle........

i wish stan coached like that.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

OK, if we want defense:

ORL ACQUIRES: Shane Battier(HOU), Tony Battie(NJ), Josh Boone(NJ), Courtney LEE(NJ)

HOU ACQUIRES: Marcin Gortat(ORL), David Lee(NYK), JJ Redick(ORL), Keyon Dooling(NJ), Darko Milicic (NYK)

NYK AC QUIRES: Tracy McGrady(HOU), Luis Scola(Hou), Bobby Simmons(NJ)

NJ ACQUIREES: Mickael Pietrus(ORL), Al Harrington(NYK), Eddy Curry(NYK), ORL TPE($6.6M)

I'd say that this would prepare us for the playoffs. New Jersey and New York get to dump a few salaries for expiring contracts, Houston upgrades their bigman dilema, and Orlando acquires lockdown perimeter defense while also getting 2 big men who can play decent defense and get their 6 fouls

oh dear lol

your assuming that we'd want battie and boone, boone is terrible.

boone isn't terrible.

With our second unit, I am beginning to think we need a defensive pg, which Jason is not. Pops, meanwhile, is quite old, and I'm not sold he could be a stopper in the post-season. That said, an old name just came to mind, Mr. Keyon Dooling. We sure could use some of his defensive energy off the bench. And I'm sure he could had for cheap.

we have been having gelling issues for a while now and why do we really want to change up now and take even longer to get settled.

no trades please..

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

we have been having gelling issues for a while now and why do we really want to change up now and take even longer to get settled.

no trades please..

I agree. This team needs January to gel. Come February, the team needs to be analyzed again before the trade deadline in case there is something still missing.

Love the idea of bringing back Dooling. He fits this system perfectly because he hustles, plays D, and shoots the 3 well.

On a side note, I would love for the Magic to trade for Hinrich as well. He's expendable in Chicago, and if we would somehow get him in a three team deal, where we only give up Jameer, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If you look at the past championship teams (minus Tony Parker) over the past 20 years, all of the teams have won with a solid PG (NOT an All-Star wannabe that only shoots). Every team from Chicago, to Houston, to LA, and Boston got by with a PG whose only job was to bring the ball up, take around 5-7 UNCONTESTED shots, and play some DEFENSE.

This team is incredibly inconsistent. However, I have been very impressed with Ryan Anderson all year. While I'm no big fan of T-Mac, if Otis could dump Lewis' contract on Houston that is something he must consider, right? Didn't Houston really want him back when he was a free agent? Am I losing my mind?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

This team is incredibly inconsistent. However, I have been very impressed with Ryan Anderson all year. While I'm no big fan of T-Mac, if Otis could dump Lewis' contract on Houston that is something he must consider, right? Didn't Houston really want him back when he was a free agent? Am I losing my mind?

This is my greatest desire right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Do not see that happening anymore than NO trading Paul for Nelson or Chicago trading Derrick Rose for Nelson. We are stuck with Lewis awful contract.

If we can get CP3, we probably will have to give up Nelson, Gortat, Anderson plus picks. AND we will, in a separate deal, probably have to take on one of thier mid-salary players (posey, etc...) for the TPE.