Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Magic fan:

Amare is on the block. I think Gortat and Peaches , trade exemption, whatever should do it icon_smile.gif

According to ESPN he makes 16mill per year. You can't combine the exception with players. Peaches and Gortat together count for $7 mill.

I would trade Gortat and VC for Amare and GHill, simply because the contracts match according to the machine, but then again since Gortat is a BYC, there would have to be another 2 mill in salary comming back to Orlando. VC would then play next to Nash for another few years and Gortat would play center for them. he can run the floor which will help him fit right in.

It's obvious how we would use Amare, but no so sure how we would use GHill. Start him? Backup? Pt Forward? Not sure.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:

Amare is on the block. I think Gortat and Peaches , trade exemption, whatever should do it icon_smile.gif

According to ESPN he makes 16mill per year. You can't combine the exception with players. Peaches and Gortat together count for $7 mill.

I would trade Gortat and VC for Amare and GHill, simply because the contracts match according to the machine, but then again since Gortat is a BYC, there would have to be another 2 mill in salary comming back to Orlando. VC would then play next to Nash for another few years and Gortat would play center for them. he can run the floor which will help him fit right in.

It's obvious how we would use Amare, but no so sure how we would use GHill. Start him? Backup? Pt Forward? Not sure.

Amare's defense is worse than Shards, which says a lot

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:

But he rebounds and can score.

Could we get JRich instead of Hill?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:

But he rebounds and can score.

Could we get JRich instead of Hill?

But with Phoenix being a playoff team, we couldn't match what we would be receiving. We'd be better off getting someone from a losing team

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yfkl75s

I dont know what most of you would think, but I would like something like this if orl was interested in amare.. Just sign mikki moore or another cheap center to replace gortat and we would be fine. i added rasual butler from the clips, for part of the TE to replace pietrus. I dont even know if phoenix would be interested in a deal like this but its been said that for amare they want some young talent and draft picks. Gortat and bass are young talent, and they really need a solid center over there because robin lopez isnt very good.. We could throw in a draft pick or two and I think its a good for all sides. The only thing that would make me nervous is moving shard to the three spot because he doesnt have the speed etc to guard other sf's but I would think if the guy hes guarding gets past him it would be tough for them to score anyways with amare and dwight in the paint.. Im sure amare wouldnt mind coming home and he would also get to play for a contender, which he has always said he wanted.

One other reason i really would want this deal is just to keep amare from going to cleveland, since it has been reported that cle has contacted phoenix. Because amare with lebron mo williams and shaq would be a very tough team to beat.

PG Nelson/Williams/AJ

SG VC/Redick/Butler

SF Lewis/Barnes

PF Amare/Anderson

C Dwight/Mikki Moore

my worries are an East contender will make a move to get better , they do , and we dont...and fall behind...

this team we have is a good team but we have pieces that we can move to get better and i think it needs to happen