Sign in to follow this  
robotmaster

Official Game Thread: Orlando Magic vs. Houston Rockets Wed. 12/23/09 7:00pm

I doubt Dwight plays up to expectation. Dwight doesn't play very well against really favorable match-ups but, for obvious reasons, our overall team offense is excellent. So we win, big.

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

its weird to think a center that is 6'6 guarding Dwight. lol but hey dont underestimate peaoples size (Dennis Rodman)

I think Howard is going to have a very good night against this 6'6 center tho!

GO MAGIC!!!!!

Who knows....While they are not as strong as Howard, the may find a way to frustrate Howard, take some charges and push him around a bit.

We should win 98-87

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I really can't see how the Rockets are doing it. Winning games I mean without a star player/scorer and center. But this team plays good team ball so this is a game we shouldn't take lightly. We should bring out our defense and shutdown all their role players. This should be a win but the Rockets will not just lose easily. Expect this game to be a close one as well.

Oh yeah, watch the Battier vs Carter matchup. Magic fans now that's how you play defense. Hand always in the face contesting every shot and taking charges(Battier). I love that guys defense and wish we had him.

This team has got to be the most resilient team in the league. They lose the equivalent of D12 and vince and not even flinch. They just play ball no matter who's on the court. However Magic by 10 in a tune up for the Santa Special on Friday

X-Factors:

Luis Scola. I think Aaron Brooks is gonna go off, but this is a team whose front line Dwight could easily just decimate with foul trouble, his usual domination, and the like. If Scola can find a way to survive and be somewhat productive, that could make it tough. Rashard Lewis and... J.J. Redick!? Yup. Like someone said earlier, I mean, they better double Dwight or he'll score 45 or something. SO.. our shooters better be ready, and right now it seems like Shard and Redick make our most timely shots as of late.

I think we'll be fine after the Boston game, the opponents aren't as tough. But Houston and Boston both worry me. As far as Houston goes and how both teams are playing, this is kind of a coin flip.

I'm going with the home team in an extremely hard fought game. Magic better come to play tonight though, one ref screwjob and this could go badly.

Houston 87

Orlando 90

Bold Prediction: Vince Carter hits the clinching free throws.