quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

Ron Artest took a budget cut because he said winning a title is way more important thats what i expected from turk, ya 50 mil is nice but whats wrong with 24m and a ring? Dont tell me your fam cant live off 20 m plus.

With that extra 25mill I can buy all the rings I want...What can a ring do? Artest is crazy in the head. Some guys pick the ring over money. But you can't fault a guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

Well thats the point of my arguement, what ever happened to want to be the best and win. You would take money, I would take Championship.

Let's put 20 million dollars in front of you and see if you are still high and mighty.

You mean 50m?

Well aren't we special. Your able to turn down pretend money. Don't judge until you experiance anything similar to being offered like twice as much money to live in a more preferred city.

I like Orlando just fine thank you

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Mister 4th Quarter:

This is getting nowhere.

Considering it's beginnings, that might actually be an improvement.

How 'bout a fresh perspective:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...11003982/m/370106746

Thank you Live or Die for beign the first to give a legit reason for this arguement

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

Ron Artest took a budget cut because he said winning a title is way more important thats what i expected from turk, ya 50 mil is nice but whats wrong with 24m and a ring? Dont tell me your fam cant live off 20 m plus.

With that extra 25mill I can buy all the rings I want...What can a ring do? Artest is crazy in the head. Some guys pick the ring over money. But you can't fault a guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

Well thats the point of my arguement, what ever happened to want to be the best and win. You would take money, I would take Championship.

Let's put 20 million dollars in front of you and see if you are still high and mighty.

You mean 50m?

He got 50 mill from Toronto.

Orlando offered 30 million.

Subtract 30 from 50 and you get 20 million, the difference between the two contracts.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is getting nowhere.

Thank you Live or Die for beign the first to give a legit reason for this arguement

Yeah, because my fast food example was pointless.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is getting nowhere.

Yeah, because my fast food example was pointless.

You'r right Im sorry

2nd legit reason =]

My only problem with the Turk thing was the heavy taxes in Canada. When it's all said and done, he won't get much more money than he would of received with us and the extension we offered, except the fact that Turk got a 5th year from Toronto. But as far as yearly salary, when it was all said and done it was pretty much the same.

Leaving to Portland was fine and made sense. Decent chance to win the whole thing, more money than Orlando overall, AND the fifth contract year.

Hedo leaving from Orlando to Toronto? Considering all the circumstances (including Toronto having a big Turkish community), it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't think that any of us here are able to try to say what is a good decision based upon 20 million dollars. Hell i would be happy with one million. So a competitor should want a ring, but hey Toronto to me did not look to bad Bosh would be a good guy to be playing with. So really I am not mad that he left. He is not talking trash, he took more money so what he did what he did.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

if you are not with us, you are against us, we need to make our home court a hostile environment

Go cheer for the Celtics or the Raptors. What a juvenile thought.

Oh wait, let's also start fights with anyone not wearing a Magic jersey during the games! Oh, and throw stuff at the visitor's bench!! YEAH!!