Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Ya I booed Turk last night, So what?

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

There has yet to be a valid argument for booing Turk.

Any no, "being greedy" doesn't count.

So if Dwight went to LA because the offered a bigger contract you wouldn't be pissed?

If Dwight left after this year, yes. The problem with that reference is this is the last chance for Hedo to make a big score. Orlando offered him 3 years, and Toronto gave him 5 guaranteed.

Let's say you work at McDonalds. You love the fast food industry. Your manager says that you are doing such a good job that they would like to keep you on for 3 years. That's pretty good. However, Burger King comes in and offers you the same amount of money per year, but for 5 years.

Hmm, decision time. You know, that at 19 years old you are already one year past your fast-food prime. You also know how cutthroat the industry is, and as soon as you start to slow down when filling those Mountain Dews that they drop you like a bad habit. You also know that there are plenty of 16 year-old acne laced youngsters that would love to have your job. You also know, that at 19 and with 3 kids already, you need to make as much money as possible for child support.

So do you leave the friendly confines of McDonalds, where you know the BigMac assembly line by heart? Or do you stick around, make less money over less time, while the manager has already hired a big time, well known burger flipper with the exact same talents as you?

quote:

Listen I love Turk as a Person, but

you decided to try your best to publicly ridicule him because he made a decision that was best for him, as an individual, in his eyes. Now you try to defend your actions because you have had some backlash directed at you? You have the right to be a jerk, you don't have to defend yourself here. You could have just kept your mouth shut instead, you decided to grab a little attention as well.

T-Mac quit on the team. That deserved a bit of the boo-birds.

Shaq talked smack about Orlando when he left, and continues to talk trash about the organization (Stan, Dwight,e tc). That deserves a healthy round of booing.

Hedo played some of his best ball here in Orlando and when he became a free agent, he took the best offer he was given. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all.

quote:

quote:

quote:

So if Dwight went to LA because the offered a bigger contract you wouldn't be pissed?

If Dwight left after this year, yes. The problem with that reference is this is the last chance for Hedo to make a big score. Orlando offered him 3 years, and Toronto gave him 5 guaranteed.

Let's say you work at McDonalds. You love the fast food industry. Your manager says that you are doing such a good job that they would like to keep you on for 3 years. That's pretty good. However, Burger King comes in and offers you the same amount of money per year, but for 5 years.

Hmm, decision time. You know, that at 19 years old you are already one year past your fast-food prime. You also know how cutthroat the industry is, and as soon as you start to slow down when filling those Mountain Dews that they drop you like a bad habit. You also know that there are plenty of 16 year-old acne laced youngsters that would love to have your job. You also know, that at 19 and with 3 kids already, you need to make as much money as possible for child support.

So do you leave the friendly confines of McDonalds, where you know the BigMac assembly line by heart? Or do you stick around, make less money over less time, while the manager has already hired a big time, well known burger flipper with the exact same talents as you?

Best example I've heard in awhile, but let me ask you this.

would you have a better chance at winning the Fast Food Championship with Mcdonalds who has the recipe for greatness or Burger king which has alot of health code violations? ;]

YOU want Orlando to win a ring. That is YOUR goal, that is what YOU want for this team. You can't expect any and every player in this league to take a significant paycut for a CHANCE to win a ring. Some guys will, some guys won't. Everyone's situation is different. For Turk, this was his last chance at grabbing a serious contract, and he played some of his best ball in his life here for Orlando. He deserved that pay off. You should be happy for him. You should cheer him for what he brought to this team, what he did for this team. Stop being a selfish little kid.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best example I've heard in awhile, but let me ask you this.

would you have a better chance at winning the Fast Food Championship with Mcdonalds who has the recipe for greatness or Burger king which has alot of health code violations? ;]

You are making the assumption that when Hedo made his decision Orlando was a better place for a championship than Toronto was. Orlando had just traded for Vince, who, if you remember, was thought of as an over-the-hill guy who doesn't know how to win. Orlando also lost Courtney Lee in that deal, whom everyone around here was pissed about. Next, Gortat was still a free agent, and had already openly discussed wanting to leave for more minutes.

That said, at the time Orlando might not have been the favorite you are describing.

quote:

Ron Artest took a budget cut because he said winning a title is way more important thats what i expected from turk, ya 50 mil is nice but whats wrong with 24m and a ring? Dont tell me your fam cant live off 20 m plus.

With that extra 25mill I can buy all the rings I want...What can a ring do? Artest is crazy in the head. Some guys pick the ring over money. But you can't fault a guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

Ron Artest took a budget cut because he said winning a title is way more important thats what i expected from turk, ya 50 mil is nice but whats wrong with 24m and a ring? Dont tell me your fam cant live off 20 m plus.

With that extra 25mill I can buy all the rings I want...What can a ring do? Artest is crazy in the head. Some guys pick the ring over money. But you can't fault a guy for doing what is best for him and his family.

Well thats the point of my arguement, what ever happened to want to be the best and win. You would take money, I would take Championship.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well thats the point of my arguement, what ever happened to want to be the best and win. You would take money, I would take Championship.

Let's put 20 million dollars in front of you and see if you are still high and mighty.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let's put 20 million dollars in front of you and see if you are still high and mighty.

You mean 50m?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

YOU want Orlando to win a ring.

And you dont? l0l please

I'm not the one booing a former Magic player based on what I want isntead of understanding that they had a personal decision to make.

Sure, I want Orlando to win a title, but we aren't talking about me. You wanted this thread to be all about you, so it's all about you. Good job on ignoring the point of the post though. Way to go, champ!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You mean 50m?

Well aren't we special. Your able to turn down pretend money. Don't judge until you experiance anything similar to being offered like twice as much money to live in a more preferred city.