Sign in to follow this  
Dre87

RUNNING OUT OF MAGIC

Is it just me or does the magic look like a high school j.v. team this season. Needless to say I expected a lot more from the reigning Eastern Conference Champions. Sadly if something drastic doesn't happen soon i fear this team will only make it to the second round of the playoffs... and that's being generous in my eyes.

My first beef with the 09-10 Magic is the loss of Hedo Turkoglu to free agency. That in my opinion is the worst thing that happened to the Magic because he was the best and ONLY play-maker they had. No disrespect to Jameer Nelson's talent but he was more of a SG on the floor while Turkoglu ran the offense.

Now you can call me a bandwagon jumper because i am with the Vince Carter trade. I'll admit that trade didn't have me in the highest spirits because as good of an offensive threat he is, he's still no Turkoglu. Not until the pre-season did see how Vince positively affect the Magic, plus the so-called throw in Ryan Anderson has been a bright spot.

Now back to Jameer Nelson. I don't want to seem like a hater but he lacks several attributes that a real FLOOR LEADER have. For example the frequent injuries. He missed four months last season with a dislocated shoulder and has already missed almost a month with a torn meniscus. His main problem in my eyes is that he needs to become the coach and play-maker when he's playing, I know the talents there because he wasn't an all star last seaon for no reason.(but Turkoglu played a big role in his selection)

The other problem with the Magic is the lack of effort they play with. Too many times I see the team depending on Dwight Howard to play defense for them and rebound. In essence they're starting to look like the Knicks, you know no we aren't going to play defense we'll just try and out score you. Well i know you all know what not playing defense gets you... Extra vacation in the off season. I will admit to seeing the Defensive Player of the Year not giving a high effort also.

The last problem is of course with Dwight Howard. Throughout this season his production value in points(18), rebounds(12.2) and blocks(2.0) have decreased as opposed to 20.6, 13.8, & 2.9 last season. But the worst part is that he's averaging a career high in personal fouls(3.83 pfg). Quite frankly he just isn't getting the ball. Too many times I see Dwight getting decent position but no ball. Other times he'll pass out and re-post just to see his teammate get a contested three. But it's not all on them because Dwight still hasn't developed any new moves in the post and I'm sorry but the running hook is recognized by every team. Last but not least is his free throws, playing in the post means frequent trips to the line s he's got knock the free ones down.

To make a long story short the Magic have a couple of problems to sort out. Dwight NEEDS his touches because if he doesn't get them EVERYONE'S job gets that much harder.Even when he isn't scoring he still gets the opposing bigs in foul trouble.

Is it just me or does the magic look like a high school j.v. team this season. Needless to say I expected a lot more from the reigning Eastern Conference Champions. Sadly if something drastic doesn't happen soon i fear this team will only make it to the second round of the playoffs... and that's being generous in my eyes.

My first beef with the 09-10 Magic is the loss of Hedo Turkoglu to free agency. That in my opinion is the worst thing that happened to the Magic because he was the best and ONLY play-maker they had. No disrespect to Jameer Nelson's talent but he was more of a SG on the floor while Turkoglu ran the offense.

Now you can call me a bandwagon jumper because i am with the Vince Carter trade. I'll admit that trade didn't have me in the highest spirits because as good of an offensive threat he is, he's still no Turkoglu. Not until the pre-season did see how Vince positively affect the Magic, plus the so-called throw in Ryan Anderson has been a bright spot.

Now back to Jameer Nelson. I don't want to seem like a hater but he lacks several attributes that a real FLOOR LEADER have. For example the frequent injuries. He missed four months last season with a dislocated shoulder and has already missed almost a month with a torn meniscus. His main problem in my eyes is that he needs to become the coach and play-maker when he's playing, I know the talents there because he wasn't an all star last seaon for no reason.(but Turkoglu played a big role in his selection)

The other problem with the Magic is the lack of effort they play with. Too many times I see the team depending on Dwight Howard to play defense for them and rebound. In essence they're starting to look like the Knicks, you know no we aren't going to play defense we'll just try and out score you. Well i know you all know what not playing defense gets you... Extra vacation in the off season. I will admit to seeing the Defensive Player of the Year not giving a high effort also.

The last problem is of course with Dwight Howard. Throughout this season his production value in points(18), rebounds(12.2) and blocks(2.0) have decreased as opposed to 20.6, 13.8, & 2.9 last season. But the worst part is that he's averaging a career high in personal fouls(3.83 pfg). Quite frankly he just isn't getting the ball. Too many times I see Dwight getting decent position but no ball. Other times he'll pass out and re-post just to see his teammate get a contested three. But it's not all on them because Dwight still hasn't developed any new moves in the post and I'm sorry but the running hook is recognized by every team. Last but not least is his free throws, playing in the post means frequent trips to the line s he's got knock the free ones down.

To make a long story short the Magic have a couple of problems to sort out. Dwight NEEDS his touches because if he doesn't get them EVERYONE'S job gets that much harder.Even when he isn't scoring he still gets the opposing bigs in foul trouble.

quote:

First, it was Turks choice to book out. He was a free agent. He was interested in more money. Get over it.

Second, We have had many injuries this season and many new players that need to gel together.

Third, The western road trip was very difficult. The Lakers just lost to the Jazz at home. The Suns are undefeated at home.

Fourth, Magic are 2nd in the East.

what the **** is wrong with you guys

if a highschool jv team went 17-6 it's first 23 games in the NBA that'd be pretty good if you ask me. N what kind of sick jv team has dwight howard and vince carter on it.

you guys freaking out are like 11 years old and dont know jack about basketball.

1. Vince Carter > Hedo

2. They are the Knicks now? NY is 8-15...Orl is 17-6.

3. Jameer is a bad floor leader because he's gotten injured the last 2 seasons? That is just a dumb statement and has nothing to do with his ability to be a leader when he's playing. And Hedo was not the reason he made the All Star team, unless you mean the fact that Jameer HAD to shoot over 50% from the field to make up for Hedo's terrible shooting.

4. The defense was atrocious at the beginning of the year, but has gotten MUCH better (outside of a couple games) and they are 8th in the league in points allowed. Again can't compare them to NY who is 28th in the league in points allowed.

5. Dwight's production is down overall, but it has been drastically picked up in the last month or so. I remember something like he's averaging 22 pts and 14 boards over the last month (I believe thats what Hubie Brown said, so take that with a grain of salt) but how can you say Dwight is the problem and then one of your reasons is that his teammates don't get him the ball. That would seem to me to be a problem with his teammates and not him.

Seriously, you made this your first post?

I stopped at High School J.V. team. Welcome to the forum. Its to bad you'll join the forum as an idiot.