Sign in to follow this  
fansince89'

Flagrant Fouls not being called

Section IV--Flagrant Foul

a.If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they try to protect players by deeming excessive hits to the head, and violent hacks above the shoulder as flagrant fouls?

By this definition, shouldn't Kaman have been charge with a flagrant foul when he clubbed D12 across the back of the head and threw him into Rashard? (Rashard had Dwights back and was in Kaman's face which I like, but we need more of that imo)

I know that D12 is a monster and can dish out punishment, but I really hate seeing him mauled more and more violently without the ref's protecting his health. Do you think Otis sending a letter to the head office will accomplish anything? It needs to become more evident to teams that they can't just put D12 in a cross-faced chicken wing w/o some flagrant fouls being dished out. Or am I just being a whiner?

Section IV--Flagrant Foul

a.If contact committed against a player, with or without the ball, is interpreted to be unnecessary, a flagrant foul--penalty (1) will be assessed.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they try to protect players by deeming excessive hits to the head, and violent hacks above the shoulder as flagrant fouls?

By this definition, shouldn't Kaman have been charge with a flagrant foul when he clubbed D12 across the back of the head and threw him into Rashard? (Rashard had Dwights back and was in Kaman's face which I like, but we need more of that imo)

I know that D12 is a monster and can dish out punishment, but I really hate seeing him mauled more and more violently without the ref's protecting his health. Do you think Otis sending a letter to the head office will accomplish anything? It needs to become more evident to teams that they can't just put D12 in a cross-faced chicken wing w/o some flagrant fouls being dished out. Or am I just being a whiner?

Dwight just needs to one time turn around and clothesline the hell out of someone. We might lose him for 5-10 games, but nobody would hack him they way they do now anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Mister 4th Quarter:

quote:
Originally posted by optics:

lmao .. i was thinking the same thing treytime ..

Hell yeah, would be great. But he's far too valuable to our team.

And I like your Jumpoff Joe Beezy quote

ahh .. well we have the best 30+ mill backup center in the league right now .. lol. Can someone please tell me what Foyle is doing? I wish I had his job lol ..

and yeah .. joey = that dood .. great escape coming soon

I would say at least 4 refs would be ok. At least 2 sideline refs and 2 baseline refs.

But that foul Kaman had on Howard was not a flagrant. He was simply trying to stop him from getting a easy dunk. Howard just curled up like a little 5 year old to sell the foul more than it really was.

I agree with Rob. Kaman was just trying to wrap him up. There wasn't anying malicious intent behind it.

I just wish that Vince Carter will get some dang calls. He can't never get calls. He tries to attack the basket and he draws contact but never gets the call. Let that be James, Bryant, Wade, Iverson, Pierce or whoever and 90% of the time they will get the calls. Carter just isn't getting star treatment. Howard gets a lot of calls as well but I kind of hate it when Howard goes to the line cause you have a 50/50 chance if he make them or miss them. You just never know with Howard. We would be a better freethrow shooting team if Howard didn't go to the line as much and Carter did.