Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Matt Barnes.. your thoughts so far?

Great guy. I don't even think he's a bad shooter; most of his shots came at the beginning of the season (also with brandon bass starting) meaning he never really got too many open looks. He can shoot over 30% from the 3 but you won't see it immediately because he comes off the bench and is the last guy to even attempt one.

I would prefer him to start myself, personally. He's just smart.

i was not high on matt but he has proven me wrong to some degree. he is however a sub on a very deep magic team. i like his attitude and he will help through out a long season.

I really dont think AJ is that bad, did we all forget what he did to Mo during the ECF's? He deserves cred for that alone.

Barnes is fine, he does what he does. His shooting is far from lights out from anywhere on the court...but he still accomplishes a lot from the front court perspective when he's out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Willis32b:

He needs to keep it in the layup / <20 ft range or start playing bass. He and AJ both need to just not shoot at all from beyond the arc.

Agreed... he should not be allowed to shoot a 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

Barnes shooting is bad right now because he has pulled muscles in two of his shooting hand fingers. But he said it won't keep him from playing.

Did he pull it 2 months ago? Because his shooting has been **** for this whole season.

I would prefer Matt to start as well. But I am biased, Ive been a fan of his since his Warriors beat Dallas (not long). Unlike other posters on here who wont admit they are obsessed with JJ and want to have his babies, I will go ahead and admit my man crush on Barnes, I ****ing love the guy. I love his style of play. His shooting statistically has to get better, you dont just go from a 37% 3pt shooter for your career to 16% for the rest of it.

I think if he starts it would really balance out our offense/defense in both starting and 2nd units.

But dont get me wrong I am not hating on Peitrus, I love the guy, but you dont see Matt Barnes sleeping on possesions. Peitrus is quicker slightly more athletic and right now shooting better. But now that Matt has adapted and learned as a Magician you can see all the little things he brings to this team. We really have never had someone like him, maybe Matt Harpring. Barnes is a guy who is relentless, hes our goon, our Rick Fox type guy who can get in someones head.

Say what you want about him, but you have to admit you would rather him be on our team than Cleveland or Boston.

Pietrus is a hot/cold 3 point shooter when he's making 3s (like last night) he is very exciting to watch. When hes cold, he will take bad shots and frustrate everyone, plus he's learning how to shoot FTs from Dwight...

Barnes atleast knows when he is cold and doesn't force things like Pietrus. Both are good defenders, and turnover machines. I would prefer Barnes starting, because he excelled earlier in the year while starting. But it doesn't matter, their games are similar.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

I would prefer Matt to start as well. But I am biased, Ive been a fan of his since his Warriors beat Dallas (not long). Unlike other posters on here who wont admit they are obsessed with JJ and want to have his babies, I will go ahead and admit my man crush on Barnes, I ****ing love the guy. I love his style of play. His shooting statistically has to get better, you dont just go from a 37% 3pt shooter for your career to 16% for the rest of it.

I think if he starts it would really balance out our offense/defense in both starting and 2nd units.

But dont get me wrong I am not hating on Peitrus, I love the guy, but you dont see Matt Barnes sleeping on possesions. Peitrus is quicker slightly more athletic and right now shooting better. But now that Matt has adapted and learned as a Magician you can see all the little things he brings to this team. We really have never had someone like him, maybe Matt Harpring. Barnes is a guy who is relentless, hes our goon, our Rick Fox type guy who can get in someones head.

Say what you want about him, but you have to admit you would rather him be on our team than Cleveland or Boston.

I am glad to have Barnes on the Magic. He and Bass bring energy to the team. Barnes is a bad boy player. He should start and Peaches come off the bench.

Dont really care much for him.

He complains soo much to the refs and it bothers me, and not like Dwight, but like in the most annoying way. Like he's teaching the refs something..

He's a solid player. But he just looks and plays like he's just a really good athlete, not basketball player. As in say you're in high school and that one outstanding football player, who just plays Bball in the winter for fun.

Hard to explain.