Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

As much as I like Gortat, he is proving to be expendable.

Brandon Bass is much more dominant under the basket. Even though he doesn't have the height that Gortat does, he plays the 5 pretty well (see tonight's game vs. the Knicks)

I would not be surprised in the least to see Gortat dealt after 12/15. The only question is... where, and for who?

Brandon Bass is much more dominant under the basket. Even though he doesn't have the height that Gortat does, he plays the 5 pretty well (see tonight's game vs. the Knicks)

I would not be surprised in the least to see Gortat dealt after 12/15. The only question is... where, and for who?

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:
How quickly we forget what happened in the finals.

Yeah, Gortat didn't help us.

lol

I want Gortat gone too, but this statement is just false.

GS is in need of a big, they said it in the SJax Cavs trade rumor, Gortat and filler for CJ Watson and Ronnie or Moore?

And, Bass for backup center..

People say he is undersized but he makes up for that with his muscle plays..

I dont know about trading Gortat is a good idea for a number of reasons:

1) His stocks are low and his pay check is high. Which teams would really want him at the moment especially on a long deal.

2) What would we get in return? I do not think we would recieve anything that would help us, in another mind it would probably give us more problems as too who sees court time .. ie. Brandon Bass (how can he not get court time?? yet until tonight he was recieving DNP's)

3) Depth, We have three Centers on the team, two if you do not count Foyle. Bass can play center but what happens when we face the good, tall teams? Or when Howard has a foul problem game.

4) Would any team trade another decent center to receive another center? I doubt it.

So I do not believe there is much trade possibilities out there, besides for any of the dream trade situations (Bosh, Paul) but those would never happen

Good point on the lakers and celtics. Though I thought twolves got a decent chunk in return, lakers got a steal...

Cross our fingers and hope if a trade is made it would be for someone that is unhappy on another team.. those trades almost always seem lopsided.. Can we wish to see Bosh in a magic Jersey? (though he would not be able to resign with magic the in the offseason)

Seriously, Gortat is NOT expendable. Bass played well tonight, and at backup 5 the night Gortat missed with the flu, but lets not kid ourselves. David Lee, at 6'9(!!!) is the starting Center for the Knicks. Bass' speed and quickness was a better matchup.

And, seriously, let's not forget all the injury concerns, illnesses, and suspensions that went on in the first 10 games. No way, no how, do we get out of that stretch 7-3 without all the depth that we've accumalated. Should all these injuries happen again, we will be greatful for all this depth.

Really, if we trade Gortat, we're just creating a depth problem in the frontcourt. So we shouldn't trade Gortat unless we got a frontcourt player in return, and who are we going to get that's better than Gortat in a deal? We're only going to play him 10-12 minutes anyway and a better player will likely have a larger contract.

This team is great, we have depth. But just because we have depth doesn't mean we should go off trading people. Our team is great, as is. Leave it the **** alone. The only way you make a trade at this point is if it gets us one of the big 5 (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Melo), and it doesn't cost us Dwight.

15-4

we need frontcourt depth in the playoffs... BUT

ive been saying this all along. i would def trade gortat for shane battier. maybe throw in JJ for Scola or Landry. If you think im crazy just check the Trade Machine. PER's and salaries all match up perfect.

Scola and Landry have expiring deals this summer as does JJ. Why would they want JJ? they have only one SG on the roster, Tracy McGrady(he's injured). They also have Trevor Ariza now to assume Shane's defensive SF roll.

Houston courted Gortat this summer.

Gortat has proved that with starters minutes he can play well. he's young, has good work ethic and with that role has shown he can really excel. His recent Euro success proves that as well.

Shane Battier, well here's his upside; defensive mined with basketball IQ off the charts. veteran, logged a massive amount of minutes guarding Kobe and the leagues best(maybe the only player who can occasionally keep Kobe off balance). Is GREAT from 3 pt range. only avgs 0.7 TO/game, 1.9 PF/game in 31.9 mins.

If we want to beat this years Lakers then we get him if we have the chance.

We have an extensive trade history with the Rockets...