Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic W-L record suggests Jameer's absence doesn't make difference(Sentinel)

Those guys should be made to rewatch our games from last year after Jameer got hurt and before we got Alston.

I'm still getting nightmares remembering how New Orleans (and other worse teams) blew us off with AJ starting and Lue backing him up smile_flush.gif

At least now we have Vince instead of Hedo and JWIll who still seems to be able to play well, but his age will show sooner or later and we do need Jameer back before that.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

JWill seems to be able to distribute without looking for his shot all the time like Jameer.

Jameer Nelson: 32.6 ast%, 6.7assists per 36

Jason Williams: 30.6 ast%, 6.5assists per 36 as a starter. I'd calculate his ast% as a starter, but I'm missing a huge chunk of the raw data I'd need, but given that he's gone from 4apg in 18minutes as a backup to 6.1apg in 34minutes as a starter, it's a reasonable assertion to make that his ast% has declined as a starter.

It's also worth noting that the team's Ortg has gone from 2nd in the league to 10th since Jameer got hurt.

One of the fun things about the "truthiness" assertions people on this board love to make is that those assertions only hold up if everyone who reads those assertions is illiterate and/or incapable of basic fact checking.

Your argument is factually wrong, but given that you probably read the original article, and then the part of your brain that renders you incapable of independent thought kicked in and ordered you to agree with everything you'd just read. I'd laugh at it if it weren't so pathetic.

WillyWonka.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

I think we look better with J Will at the helm. Our offense looks fluid! Jameer would make a great spark off the bench, as both a scorer and facilitator.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Why is it you only come around to make stupid comments in which you'll totally contradict when Jameer comes back and drops 50 in his first game?

It's just a valid observation of watching the games, Jareth. J Williams hardly turns the ball over, has that extra step in his game (for now at least), and getting more of his teammates involved. Quite honestly, I just haven't been impressed with Jameer this year. Call it stupid. Call it "I'm finally seeing the Magic look less lackluster since Jameer has been injured." Is it coincidence? Maybe. But I sure love J Will at the helm.

If Jameer comes back and scores 50 -- exactly my point. Jameer is a better scorer off the bench. We need a facilitator in our starting lineup. We missed Hedo earlier in the season, because the Magic's offense was stale and stagnate. You have to admit, we are looking better as of late. It's a sparkplug off the bench that we need, and I say it's Nelson. Don't want a repeat of him coming back "less than 100%" and destroying whatever chemistry we now have going!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

JWill seems to be able to distribute without looking for his shot all the time like Jameer.

Jameer Nelson: 32.6 ast%, 6.7assists per 36

Jason Williams: 30.6 ast%, 6.5assists per 36 as a starter. I'd calculate his ast% as a starter, but I'm missing a huge chunk of the raw data I'd need, but given that he's gone from 4apg in 18minutes as a backup to 6.1apg in 34minutes as a starter, it's a reasonable assertion to make that his ast% has declined as a starter.

It's also worth noting that the team's Ortg has gone from 2nd in the league to 10th since Jameer got hurt.

One of the fun things about the "truthiness" assertions people on this board love to make is that those assertions only hold up if everyone who reads those assertions is illiterate and/or incapable of basic fact checking.

Your argument is factually wrong, but given that you probably read the original article, and then the part of your brain that renders you incapable of independent thought kicked in and ordered you to agree with everything you'd just read. I'd laugh at it if it weren't so pathetic.

----------------------

"Your argument is factually wrong" ???

Does your argument take into consideration Jameer's assist to turnover ratio? I'm just curious. Not trying to blow your bubble. Hey, I'm a Magic fan just like you and I want all our players to succeed. I love Jameer, don't get me wrong, but J Will is showing him up on the PG department from sheer observation of the game, no facts checked. I appreciate you taking the time and checking, though, instead of just calling people stupid on the board...

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

We missed Hedo earlier in the season, because the Magic's offense was stale and stagnate.

You mean when we had the best offense in the NBA for the first 5 games?

Honestly, I didn't know we had the "best offense" in the NBA the first 5 games. My bad. Comes to show how talented this team is with its shooters.

Well, for what it's worth, the Magic are looking better, especially on defense. If it has anything to do with the loss of Jameer or not, let's give credit to the entire team, and FINALLY getting Howard better involved and less in foul trouble. Part of that credit is the way I see J Will plays. The guy is hustle and speed. We have an extra kick in the way we play, just from sheer observation of the game. No stats. Maybe I'm wrong ...

quote:

Does your argument take into consideration Jameer's assist to turnover ratio?

No, I tend to largely ignore any stat that says Jose Calderon has historically been a better point guard than Steve Nash.

Nelson, has the ability to be an all star point guard and will quickly return to the starting lineup and rightfully so. JWill is playing well and the Magic look better with him right now, but Nelson is the better player.

Nelson just needs to stat showing up and it will take him a bit to get it together. Fortunately he'll have time to get into stride.

I am a big fan of Nelson, but I am very disappointed in him this year so far. I sure hope it is not another year wasted while we wait for him to show up again.

I still think the Magic start to gel and win the NBA title. So disppointing to watch so much talent not show up at all so far this season. I sure hope Stan gets into his head. Someone like AJ is playing to his talent level you can live with that and even say he is playing at his highest level - Jameer is no where near playing at what he is capable of.

The best PG is Jameer and the Magic are best when he is aggressive and looking to score. His assists go up when he is trying to score. Problem is that he has not been aggressive all season and now it will take time for him to come back from the injury - how long before he plays aggressive again and he is up to speed?

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

Nelson, has the ability to be an all star point guard and will quickly return to the starting lineup and rightfully so. JWill is playing well and the Magic look better with him right now, but Nelson is the better player.

Nelson just needs to stat showing up and it will take him a bit to get it together. Fortunately he'll have time to get into stride.

I am a big fan of Nelson, but I am very disappointed in him this year so far. I sure hope it is not another year wasted while we wait for him to show up again.

I still think the Magic start to gel and win the NBA title. So disppointing to watch so much talent not show up at all so far this season. I sure hope Stan gets into his head. Someone like AJ is playing to his talent level you can live with that and even say he is playing at his highest level - Jameer is no where near playing at what he is capable of.

The best PG is Jameer and the Magic are best when he is aggressive and looking to score. His assists go up when he is trying to score. Problem is that he has not been aggressive all season and now it will take time for him to come back from the injury - how long before he plays aggressive again and he is up to speed?

Great post!

quote:
Oh, and before you start posting Junkie is bashing Jameer again this was written and posted by Matt Humphrey of the Sentinel...not me.

Way to pass the blame Junkie. You sound like Glen Beck.

"I'm not saying Barack Obama isn't an American citizen, I'm just reporting what people are saying."