Sign in to follow this  
Magician09

Days off for opponents before playing the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:
Originally posted by TheGreen1:

Then again, at the time of schedule conception, the NBA wasn't thinking of Miami and Hawks as upper class teams. Sure, they don't suck, but they weren't expecting them to do as well as they have... especially the Hawks.

ah, just read your post green1, sorry

It's ok. Anyways, yeah, never saw the Hawks or the Heat as a threat. Rest of the Southeast got better as well it seems, and no one saw that coming. Heck, I thought the Hawks would be the same as last year, but I was wrong.

Okay, so someone help me here. Now I understand the NBA hates the Magic, and IMO will do whatever they can to screw us over. But didn't Boston play a game the same night we did prior to our meeting? And we each had the same day off in-between the games? And while we do play ATL on Thurs, that's it for us while ATL starts a back-to-back that night with the 76ers the next.

So it may be a conspiracy, may not. But the 4 days off before cLeaveland played us was the most obvious....

Considering what we did to the Hawks and Cavs last year, the NBA decided to give those teams some help for these National TV games.

Seriously, it does seem fishy. But I have also seen years where we got every Western conf team on the second night of a back to back after playing in Miami.

well if someone here could do the hardest job out better im sure the league would love to hear from you.

and yes bhnole it happens year in year out lakers did it in florida last year.

cleveland did it this year us on night 1 miami on night 2.