Sign in to follow this  
one9

Vince Carter- Style of Play

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

I agree with VaBch. Vince is a loser. You know who else is a loser? Kobe Bryant. That clown has taken 93 shots in the last 4 games and is shooting 18% from three.

Clearly this chucker will never win anything.

Kobe Bryant has earned the right on the LOS ANGELES LAKERS to shoot 100 times a game a night if he wants, so get out of here with that garbage, Kobe Bryant will have better stats all across the board than Carter because he is better than Carter

Well this is dumb. the LAL have just as many other options as the Magic do on offense. Possibly more. Artest, Gasol, Lamar Odom, Bynum heard of them?

and how is Kobe's 18% 3pt better stats than Carter's 3pt? Just becuz someones better doesnt mean better stats anyways.

btw Jennings just went 6-21 last night, and It's not the end of the world for the bucks either.

all in all, you're worse than T Rex.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

If we swapped Carter for Bryant, all of you that think Carter shoots too much would lose your minds. Bryant get shots. He takes way more shots than Carter and nobody is complaining on the Lakers forum. I think Bryant is actually averaging 23 shots per game. Carter is our go to guy and he's going to take a lot shots. Just get used to it.

Because Kobe Bryant is the best **** player in this league and takes over a game like NO ONE ELSE in the league.

It literally blows my mind some of you really think that Vince Carter is comparable to these guys....(kobe, wade, etc)

No one is comparing you idiot.

They're saying Kobe WILL GO something like 12-29 IN ORDER to take over a game. Much like Carter had to do the last two games.

quote:

quote:

He brought up Wade. All you guys against Carter for taking too many shots then you guys would hate Wade. He take way more shots than Carter does. Just enjoy that we winning even while Carter isn't shooting his best.

Wade is better than Carter. Wade is arguably a top 3 player in the NBA. LOL so quit comparing him to wade its really not close

NO ONE IS COMPARING CARTER TO WADE MY GOD!! SHUT IT!

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

quote:

If we swapped Carter for Bryant, all of you that think Carter shoots too much would lose your minds. Bryant get shots. He takes way more shots than Carter and nobody is complaining on the Lakers forum. I think Bryant is actually averaging 23 shots per game. Carter is our go to guy and he's going to take a lot shots. Just get used to it.

Because Kobe Bryant is the best **** player in this league and takes over a game like NO ONE ELSE in the league.

It literally blows my mind some of you really think that Vince Carter is comparable to these guys....(kobe, wade, etc)

They're saying Kobe WILL GO something like 12-29 IN ORDER to take over a game. Much like Carter had to do the last two games.

If no one is comparing why do i keep reading...Kobe takes this many shots, Wade takes this many shots? thats not a random statement its a comparison to how many vince is taking, and when your that good you can take that many shots Vince Carter is about to be 33 on the down slope of his career

VINCE IS ONLY BEHIND KOBE AND DWADE AT THE 2 POSITION, COURTNEY AND RAFER SURE ARE LIGHTING THINGS UP IN JERSEY. WE HAVE THEIR 2 BEST PLAYERS AND WE ARE WINNING IT ALL THIS YEAR! ILL BUY PLAYOFF TICKETS FOR A FAN WHO PROVES ME WRONG(I HAVE FUNDS MAGIC BROTHERS!!!)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If no one is comparing why do i keep reading...Kobe takes this many shots, Wade takes this many shots? thats not a random statement its a comparison to how many vince is taking, and when your that good you can take that many shots Vince Carter is about to be 33 on the down slope of his career

his role is to be our kobe or wade.

what, are we gonna stop him once he takes 22 (or w/e) shots and say HOLD UP DUDE! DONT YOU KNOW KOBE's BETTER! YOU CANT TAKE THAT NEXT 3 UNLESS YOU'RE BETTER THAN HIM!

seriously.

His shooting % is gonna get better. He has a specific role on the team just let him fill it.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

I guess 50 points and 9 3s in a row is no big in a playoff game.

btw VaBach, it's not a big deal that Hedo embarassed himself yesterday and everyone understand how much of an upgrade VC is, knowing how big of a Hedo fanboy you are. It's not a big deal Hedo will have a good game eventually.

And I think it's pretty dumb to say "Kobe wont continue to shoot so poorly, (18% from 3)." but then continue to come on here and say VC WILL continue to shoot bad %s (even tho he's averaging above 40% from 3 and fg.

Dude VC played like ****, and I'm not a Hedo fan. I just think this team was better when he was on it(it was). Hedo played pretty well the first time he played us and VC is not shooting over 40% from 3. He is shooting like 38% which is what he shot last year also. His FG% is at 41% which is average and what Hedo shot last year when he was bashed constantly. No one still has come up with a legitimate argument to the facts I brought up, big surprise.

prior to last game he was shooting 41.8%

We excused hedo for the beginning of last season even though his play was much worse then carter this year. Last november hedo shot 37.8% on 15 attempts per game. thats coupled with a 30.6 3 point % 3.9 assists and 2.5 turnovers.

carter's only played in 10 games this season so his numbers aren't statistically significant yet. he's shot 165 shots and made 68 so far. if wednesday he shoots something like 15 for 22 his shooting percentage will jump to 44.4%

your dont have a valid argument yet because your numbers aren't statistically significant yet. one great game (or one horrible game if he shoots something like 3-15) has such a huge impact on his shooting percentage that your argument might seem logical to you now, but will have no weight if one singular event goes a specific, but not improbable, way.

history shows that vince sometimes has slumps. But for every january 2009 (39.5% shooting) theres a november 2008 (48.1%). For every 2008 january (42.7%) theres a 2007 november (49.6) or 2008 april (54.3).

every year he has shooting slumps, and every year he shoots between 43% and 46%.

You say we were a better team with hedo? last year at this point we were 10-4 with losses to atlanta, memphis, portland, and houston. We hadn't played cleveland, boston, los angeles, denver or san antonio. the 10-4 record alone shows we are at the very least as good of a team as we were up to this point last year. Wins against phoenix and boston this early with one loss to cleveland leads me to believe that our 11-3 record holds more weight. Even if im wrong, your argument still doesn't stand up.

There. I addressed your points. You're wrong. Your arguments don't hold up statistically or through actual gameplay.

Now you'll just ignore this post like you ignore every post where i kick your *** intellectually.

Yeah you proved a lot, let me break it down, no statistics matter because its to early. Thats how you kicked my ***? But yet you argue Hedo's numbers from one month early in the season, so those shouldn't matter it was to early. Nelson's shouldn't either that was only the first and second month. If you can't judge someone on statistics to date then how can you judge them? Oh i see, you want to wait, pray that they go up and then use them in your argument.

So you can't say I'm wrong, you actually proved nothing but throwing up smoke screens to cover up your real argument, you have none. VC is a jumpshooter, I can go back and find posts on the majority of this board saying how Hedo took to many jumpshots. VC takes more, did last year in a full season. So anyone who bashed Hedo has to jump on VC, he essential is even more inefficient in his overall game.

if something may be true today then likely not true tomorrow it can't be considered fact. You know how the boston game affected our defensive rating? According to basketball reference we are playing the same level of defense now that we did last season. That one game had such a profound effect on the data. we all know we've played terrible defense for most of the season but that one game

i don't need to pray about vince's numbers going up because historically his numbers do go up. You are using a small sample set to state the following:

1. hedo is better then vince

2. we should criticize vince because we criticize hedo

3. vince is negatively effecting shard, jameer, and howard

i've shown that vince at the very least is performing up to par with hedo thus far in the season.

#2 is an opinion. but perhaps we had a shorter leash with hedo. doesn't mean we don't criticize vince though. its just hard to criticize vince when the coach demands that he takes over games late. Lets do for vince what we should have done for hedo and give him a break.

3. Completely false. You lied about all of that. You said shard is getting fewer shots WRONG. You said jameer is playing worse this season then he did last season WRONG! The trends show that jameer was having a similar season to last if you look at it month by month. You said Howard's numbers are down because of vince when clearely his minutes are down around 17% and his fouls are up 21%. That clearly screams foul trouble.

Your arguments are incorrect for the reasons i've posted. If you want to argue that statistics matter right now then your arguments are wrong. If you want to agree that statistics dont matter yet then your argument is void and i still win.

I've covered every angle here.

First of all I don't think Hedo is better tahn VC, just better for this team. You keep saying how we can't use this years stats, okay how about last year(which I already brought up) when he still took more jumpshots than Hedo?

I think this statement is wrong, but it is arguable.

At least you admit this team has sucked defensively and that the Boston game masked the real numbers. I tried to convince someone of that the other day and they couldn't comprehend.

The defense is getting better. It might be one of those things where we hit our stride defensively in January or February. Either way, right now we have several bad defensive games, a couple good defensive games, and one excellent defensive game. It kinda skews the data right now (kinda the point i was trying to make with your other arguments)

You keep bringing up the Meer thing, what I meant was defensively. You know how he was giving up career games to every mediocre PG in the league. VC has more of a negative impact on Howard defensively, everyone knows when your big feels slighted on offense he puts in less effort on the defensive end, Dwight doesn't look interested in being DPOY again. Not to mention you can say oh his stats are near identical but that itself is the problem. This was supposed to be his breakout year offensively, all this off season work(supposedly) instead he looks like he has not improved at all. He needs to build confidence by being the focal point of the offense, not to mention it's just the right way to play. This team didn't run it through Dwight enough last year and now does it even less. So yes, VC taking tons of shots takes shots away from Dwight and stunts his growth as a player.

I think meer's deal defensively has more to do with our team as a whole then it does meer. I dont think meer has ever been good defensively, our team last year was just so good at limiting penetration. It starts with dwight and i think we'll get there again.

I think Dwight's offensive frustrations have more to do with refs than vince. He seems more frustrated after a offensive foul than after a vince jumper.

As far as SVG demanding Vc take over games late, did you not watch a game last season? Hedo had the same role, he just didn't always take the shots and instead did this thing called pass the ball. It works quite well sometimes but only if you actually go to the basket instead of shooting fadeaway jumpshots.

yeah you're right here. I just don't think the offense is gonna be run the same way. I think SVG is using vince as more of a "go do your thing" Hedo's thing was long forming cuts to the basket with flails, 3 point fades, and hitting guys for shots. Overall it was pretty successful. Vince hasn't had other people to create for so i think right now he's still feeling it out. I just think he deserves the benefit of the doubt right now. If he's still shooting a ton of bad shots and not passing in march or april we'll get on his case.

all in all, i think you know what you're talking about, just sometimes you make too many assumptions on the part of your reasoning (and that other people understand you without you clarifying completely). Once someone calls you out on it a couple times you can stop and reform your arguments you make a lot more sense.

If this was april, your arguments would be a lot more valid. Don't jump the gun. Sometimes this stuff takes time.

I never compared Wade or Bryant to Carter. I was simply pointing out that Wade and Bryant have similar roles as the go to guy just like Carter does which all 3 players will be required to take a lot of shots in order for their teams to win. But at this point in the season Bryant and Wade is averaging more shot attempts than Carter. No where did I compare overall gameplay of all players. I was just talking about their shot attempts and roles for their teams. Stop assuming things. Only thing I agree with you Carter haters is Carter's shot selection at times. He does take bad shots, but he also take good shots. Just get used to Carter being the go to guy taking the most shots. That's what he's here for.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

This forum, for the most part, has morphed into four groups: idiots, even bigger idiots, fanboys/girls and trolls.

In the illustrious words of Marv Albert...

smile_owned.gif

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

This forum, for the most part, has morphed into four groups: idiots, even bigger idiots, fanboys/girls and trolls.

In the illustrious words of Marv Albert...

smile_owned.gif

berto, jareth, dom, and myself (among others) are trolls waiting to spring the ultimate trolling. First step is to get you all to believe we're fans...