Sign in to follow this  
cpower

When we face the Celtics again, what is the better strategy?

We all watched the game, it's a great win on road but..

1. D12 can only help the team defensively, his poor FT shooting really cost us, and KG+Sheed+Wallace were just too strong for D12 down low

2. Rashard was clearly limited by the defensive ability of KG

3. J-Will had a hard time matching up Rondo's speed, AJ was just not capable of running the offense. We need someone else running the point, JJ?

4. SVG should use Pietrus more since he was having a solid shooting game and he can get his shots off much easier than Reshard and D12

5. VC running the point, had some bad shots, but I think it was SVG who wanted that. Vince was having a bad shooting night but he was the only one who can creat his own shot against the superb defensive celtics team. He wanted to share the ball with his teammates sometime but his pass to D12 often ended up a turnover or so. I think VC will pretty much do the samething next time against the celtics: aggresive, will shoot a lot and lets hope he will make more.

So what do you think is the better strategy against the defense of the Celtics?

We all watched the game, it's a great win on road but..

1. D12 can only help the team defensively, his poor FT shooting really cost us, and KG+Sheed+Wallace were just too strong for D12 down low

2. Rashard was clearly limited by the defensive ability of KG

3. J-Will had a hard time matching up Rondo's speed, AJ was just not capable of running the offense. We need someone else running the point, JJ?

4. SVG should use Pietrus more since he was having a solid shooting game and he can get his shots off much easier than Reshard and D12

5. VC running the point, had some bad shots, but I think it was SVG who wanted that. Vince was having a bad shooting night but he was the only one who can creat his own shot against the superb defensive celtics team. He wanted to share the ball with his teammates sometime but his pass to D12 often ended up a turnover or so. I think VC will pretty much do the samething next time against the celtics: aggresive, will shoot a lot and lets hope he will make more.

So what do you think is the better strategy against the defense of the Celtics?

I'm fine with Carter running the offense he just needs to keep getting his teammates involved and attack the basket as much as he can. Put the other team in foul trouble. I also thought Lewis did pretty good against KG. Manage to get another double double and played good defense. I wanted him to shoot more but KG played good defense on him. I still don't like SVG putting Carter on Allen for defense but I understand why he did it. Cause Pierce is an actor and would have got Carter in foul trouble so he Pietrus on Pierce instead. And cause he's the better defender. But it is clear that this offense isn't going through Howard anymore even though they try but he's just not a good offensive player. And if that's the case then Stan needs to find away to get Rashard Lewis going. Carter can't do everything by himself. Especially why should he when we have a team with all this offensive power. J-Will is playing ok but Johnson is straight up trash IMO. So yeah Howard will be more of just a defensive player/rebounder now that can chip in points at times. He just miss too many free throws and not a good 1 on 1 scorer. That's makes Stan not want to go to him that much.

JJ running the point doesn't sound like a good option at all to me.

His ball handling skills are weak and his passing skills are only average.

I'd rather have VC run a point forward type of position than JJ run point.

Need to trust in Dwight more and find ways of getting him the ball. This is not last years Dwight; he is much more intelligent and composed in the post, rarely making bad decisions. Also, his foul shooting is better I believe, which time will show. With the offense that the Magic have there is no reason that Carter should be putting up more shot attempts that the entire starting lineup combined.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

keep the same defense up.

And we cant really run the offense through Dwight becuz theyd foul him purposely everytime he got in the paint...

so just do what we do we were killing them first quarter

I thought Boston had a TON of open looks....they just couldn't hit a thing last night. Our defense wasn't great. You'll point to their FG% but it doesn't tell the whole story. They had an off night. VC had an off night. Maybe next time things will be different.