Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Move Lewis back to Small Forward (With Stats)

Pietrus shut down Durant the other night.....and then held down Pierce tonight. I'd leave things alone, except maybe to move Barnes into the SL. I think he produces a lot higher level as a starter.

Oh man another So called analyst. Dude no one can stop lebron, Durant, Granger, Pierce, etc. They are unstoppable, you may make it difficult for them that night but they are still going to get theirs. Artest doesn't stop anyone he just makes it ridiculously difficult for players everynight but still gets 20+ dropped on his head everynight. I think the key would be let the star/s get theirs and stop the less talented and gifted role players. Like we should have done with Cleveland. Let lebron get his and stop Williams, Parker, big z, didn't need to stop shaquille him and Dwight ex'd eachother out that game and we could have won.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

Well sort of. No matter who we play at the SF they cannot guard any of the league's elite small forwards. It makes me think we would do just as good moving Shard back to the small forward positions and have Pietrus be his back up. Then move Barnes to back up Carter.

Another reason I watched Anderson guard Sheed and KG and he did a much better job than Lewis. He is wider than Lewis and has a much better nose for the ball on the rebound.

We signed bass and he is getting very little PT because he is the odd man out. What I see us doing is making JJ turn in to a player that when the offseason comes he will have to be resigned because the team will depend on him too much.

Dwight still has a problem playing with another big man like Bass or Gortat on the floor. If we do not adjust our rotations during the season, when playoffs come Dwight will still have those same issues when we have to go big.

Ryan Anderson is clearly the guy that is going to be next to Dwight for many many years. He is the future at PF for the Magic. He plays like a Kevin McHale with a 3 point shot. he can bang, drive to the hole and shoot the 3. Bass because if his contract will probably end up being the back up at both the PF and C positions.

From another perspective it makes more sense to move MP back to the bench because he provides that scoring punch that second unit needs and is way more consistent off the bench than as a starter. With Williams starting until Jameer gets back, I would love to see a line up with Howard, Anderson, Lewis & Carter + Williams. All JW will have to do is pass it to the open man. If someone on the other team starts to light up either Anderson, Lewis or Carter, you have defensive backups for each of them in Bass, MP and Barnes.

I am not complaining because we are doing poor. A 10 - 3 record is quite nice, however we can be a much better team if we go back to having a 6'10 small forward.

Your thoughts?

Well at least we guarded Eddie House well!

smile_shardhappy.png

Btw this thread is silly. If it wasn't for the refs falling for Pierce's constant flopping he wouldn't have near the amount of points he had.

This thread fails.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Pietrus held Pierce to 7-19 shooting. What on earth are you talking about?

And btw, Shard is a much better defender than Anderson. It's night and day, honestly.

+1

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

Oh man another So called analyst. Dude no one can stop lebron, Durant, Granger, Pierce, etc. They are unstoppable, you may make it difficult for them that night but they are still going to get theirs. Artest doesn't stop anyone he just makes it ridiculously difficult for players everynight but still gets 20+ dropped on his head everynight. I think the key would be let the star/s get theirs and stop the less talented and gifted role players. Like we should have done with Cleveland. Let lebron get his and stop Williams, Parker, big z, didn't need to stop shaquille him and Dwight ex'd eachother out that game and we could have won.

You kind of proved my point then. If no one can stop the top SF's of the league then it should not matter who we have there. However, since Anderson is a better defender at the 4 than Lewis and a better rebounder then it makes more since to have him there as a start for defensive purposes since he is very consistent from 3 as well.

quote:
Originally posted by T_MAC:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Pietrus held Pierce to 7-19 shooting. What on earth are you talking about?

And btw, Shard is a much better defender than Anderson. It's night and day, honestly.

+1

-1 I disagree. Lewis gets bullied by anyone with strength. He is not a bad defender, but Anderson IMO is a better true PF defender than Lewis.