Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Blazers Win The Lottery

Well I like the Blazers so I'm a happy man. The Celtics and all there charm couldn't pull it off. The Hawks were balked, The Grizzles fizzled and I'm gonna stop now.

But with a 5.3 percent chance they pull it off.

This is the actual draft lottery? I thought these things took place at the end of the playoffs, I woke up and saw it today and was a little shocked, whilst checking the scores for todays game.

Well I like the Blazers so I'm a happy man. The Celtics and all there charm couldn't pull it off. The Hawks were balked, The Grizzles fizzled and I'm gonna stop now.

But with a 5.3 percent chance they pull it off.

This is the actual draft lottery? I thought these things took place at the end of the playoffs, I woke up and saw it today and was a little shocked, whilst checking the scores for todays game.

I'm happy Portland got the 1st pick, I never hear anything bad about the team or management or the owner. The fans aren't egotiscal either but if they do decide to go with Oden, they will have a better younger core then Chicago as but is it true that the Blazers' owner has a net worth of around $20 billion?

As for myself, I will probably follow Portland around next year just to see how a team of Roy, LaMarcus and Oden gel, but this does mean they can get rid of Randolph now.

I've been thinking about Randolph as well? Not for us but in general, what does the future hold? I stated at the beginning of last year, he'd be a 20/10 player and he proved so. I'd like for them to keep him.

However, if someone like Pryzbilla becomes available which I very much doubt, I'd be willing to take a look.

I said this in the free agency thread I believe, but what an off season it could be for the Blazers. I see Lewis entering the fold towards a Blazer move and now with the no.1 pick. I really wish them well, I like the Blazers.

As for the Grizzlies, gee wizz, kick them when there down! lmao.

The way the lottery played out makes life very interesting. If Seattly takes Durant, what happens with Rashard? Or Ray? PHX just missed getting a pick because ATL's pick was top 3 protected so they keeps them from becoming too powerful and limits their trade options with Marion and Amare.

All I can say is I was SOOO worried that Chi would end up with a top 3 pick so I feel a lot better now (they will have to make trades to get the post guy now) and Portland is going to be scary. They are going to have Oden, Aldrige, Roy, and they will probably trade Randolph and get more pieces, I'm glad they are in the West.

Outgoing Memphis Grizzlies president of basketball operations Jerry West is another executive who does not like the NBA's Draft Lottery.

Tuesday night, his Memphis Grizzlies had the best chance at landing the #1 pick with the league's worst record of 22-60.

Unfortunately for the Grizzlies, they dropped the maximum three spots and will now selected 4th overall in the June 28 Draft.

"I don't like the draft lottery, never liked it," he said. "It's not sour grapes. I just think it's a terrible system and it needs to be addressed. Every other league in the other professional [sports], they all draft according to how they finish in the season."

"And we didn't come here expecting to get the No. 1 or No. 2 [pick], because it doesn't happen very often," West said. "The two worst teams this year get No. 4 and No. 5 in the draft, and [it's] arguably hard to say [which players are] going to be there that will help the team as much as the first two guys."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46203/200705...with_lottery_system/

Personally I think the lottery did exactly what it was supposed to last night and made it "a lottery". The Celtics blatently tanked and the Grizz were not much better and they got what they deserved IMO.

The whole reason it was introduced was to stop tanking and hopefully teams will see now that it doesnt guarantee you the no.1 pick!

Just to prove my point above re the Celts tanking, check this from Ryan Gomes

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007041302

"I probably (would have played), but since we were in the hunt for a high draft pick, of course things are different," Gomes said. "I understand that. Hopefully things get better. Now that we clinched at least having the second-most balls in the lottery, the last three games we'll see what happens. We'll see if we can go out and finish some games."

Karma is a bit*h!!!

Oh and Portland have championship written all over this team

Jarrett Jack

Brandon Roy

Rashard Lewis or Richard Jefferson (if they Trade Randolph)

LaMarcus Aldridge

Greg Oden

quote:
PHX just missed getting a pick because ATL's pick was top 3 protected so they keeps them from becoming too powerful and limits their trade options with Marion and Amare.

I did not know that, wow!

quote:
"It's not sour grapes. I just think it's a terrible system and it needs to be addressed. Every other league in the other professional [sports], they all draft according to how they finish in the season."

Bleeding. lmao.

quote:
The whole reason it was introduced was to stop tanking and hopefully teams will see now that it doesnt guarantee you the no.1 pick!

I've mentioned the football league in Australia once before. We currently have a system based on finishing position, believe me this is not the way to go if you want competition. In saying the competition here has been looking at ways to create a fair system that will diminish the issue. It won't get rid of it completely but it would be ones risk to tank a season with a lottery. I love it and thinks its a great idea and I hope the Australian Football League implements it over here.

quote:
Karma is a bit*h!!!

lmao