Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

The Official World Cup 2010 thread

I believe he's staying. Our backup striker (Ernesto Farias) is going away, so Falcao will stay.

---

Overrated Di Maria signed for Real Madrid for 36 millions!!

Nos is the time for revenge:

- Revenge for robbing us in 90 final

- Revenge for Klose kicking on Abbondanzieri and injuring him in 2006 (and then they say we are dirty)

Revenge against the nazis, better served in a football field.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

I believe he's staying. Our backup striker (Ernesto Farias) is going away, so Falcao will stay.

---

What about Fabrio Coentrao?He seems really good.

Yes, he and the GK Eduardo were the only positive surprises in a really cold, unbelievably heartless Portuguese team.

The Argentinian broadcasters said he is already 31 years old, but I didnt know anything about him.

2010_world_cup_ball.jpg

I keep hearing complaints about the trueness of this ball. I can't help but think this is potentially an optics issue rather than a problem with the ball itself.

The asymmetrical design pattern on the ball kinda forces you to study it's true shape to begin with, I can only imagine how it appears in flight with those vibrant colors and oblong pattern in quick rotation.

Anybody else think this is possible?

quote:
Originally posted by Luca:

quote:

---

Fabio plays for my rival team, but I admit he's pretty good.

Now, my club FC Porto has some stars too:

Bruno Alves

Falcao

Hulk

Helton

Raul Meireles

Alvaro Pereira

Just to keep talking about the WC in this couple of days.

I just heard the referee for the Uruguay - Ghana match will be Howard Webb who is ENGLISH.

We all know what happened with Larrionda (uruguayan) in the Germany - England match.

Add to this that Uruguay's matches are the ones with less attendance and probably less viewers around the world.

Add to this that Ghana is the last african team standing, that all South Africa has declared to be behind them, and probably FIFA too.

Does it sound suspicious that the referee will be english just after what happened with the uruguayan refs?

Even though I don't think it's a conspiracy theory, FIFA could have easily named another ref for this match.

I'm a little scared about this, I don't know if I should.

quote:

quote:

quote:

---

Bruno Alves

Falcao

Hulk

Helton

Raul Meireles

Alvaro Pereira

I wouldn't call Alvaro Pereira a star. He is a very good role players who runs a lot icon_smile.gif.

Christian Rodriguez is far better, actually I think Tabarez should have selected him to the WC, even though he was suspended for two matches.

I will miss him in the upcoming matches.

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

I just heard the referee for the Uruguay - Ghana match will be Howard Webb who is ENGLISH.

We all know what happened with Larrionda (uruguayan) in the Germany - England match.

Add to this that Uruguay's matches are the ones with less attendance and probably less viewers around the world.

Add to this that Ghana is the last african team standing, that all South Africa has declared to be behind them, and probably FIFA too.

Does it sound suspicious that the referee will be english just after what happened with the uruguayan refs?

Even though I don't think it's a conspiracy theory, FIFA could have easily named another ref for this match.

I wouldn't worry, Howard Webb is one of the best referees in the game and officiates a lot of the intense, firepit games in the EPL. Also, he has that bald, intimidating Pierluigi Collina look about him (and, after a few weeks in SA, a tan to match!)

also, everyone, including the English FA/players/supporters/media all accept Germany outplayed them and probably would have won anyway so I doubt there is any conspiratorial ref choice here to compensate for the failings of Larrionda (which may even be a good thing since Blatter has now hinted they may talk about it at the next meeting - not necessarily that he has any intention of doing something about it, but he may bring it up in casual chat with a few folk at the FIFA watercooler)

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:

I wouldn't worry, Howard Webb is one of the best referees in the game and officiates a lot of the intense, firepit games in the EPL. Also, he has that bald, intimidating Pierluigi Collina look about him (and, after a few weeks in SA, a tan to match!)

also, everyone, including the English FA/players/supporters/media all accept Germany outplayed them and probably would have won anyway so I doubt there is any conspiratorial ref choice here to compensate for the failings of Larrionda (which may even be a good thing since Blatter has now hinted they may talk about it at the next meeting - not necessarily that he has any intention of doing something about it, but he may bring it up in casual chat with a few folk at the FIFA watercooler)

I hope you are right. First thing I thought when I saw England's goal was: "if we get an english ref we are doomed". And here we are...

quote:

quote:

quote:

---

Bruno Alves

Falcao

Hulk

Helton

Raul Meireles

Alvaro Pereira

I just got done reading a Colombian website and they're stating that Porto is going after James Rodriguez. That kid got talent!

quote:

I don't think he's gonna put his name on the line for a mistake a ref did on another game.