Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

The Official World Cup 2010 thread

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

It's going to be pretty difficult to see a Brazil-Spain WC final. Brazil did their part yesterday by beating N. Korea and I'm positive they'll finish 1st. Spain need to win their next 2 games by more than 1 goal and hope Chile Beat Switzerland by the minimum. Then hope Switzerland lose against Honduras and Spain beat Chile by a couple of goals.

Im so happy right now, I was mad Portugal drew with the Elephants but now it came out as a good thing. We (hopefully) finish 2nd and so do the Spanish, then it's Brazil vs Spain and Portugal vs Switzerland!

I'm also happy a player from FC Porto scored a goal (Alvaro Pereira), and Forlan is a beast.

quote:

It's going to be pretty difficult to see a Brazil-Spain WC final. Brazil did their part yesterday by beating N. Korea and I'm positive they'll finish 1st. Spain need to win their next 2 games by more than 1 goal and hope Chile Beat Switzerland by the minimum. Then hope Switzerland lose against Honduras and Spain beat Chile by a couple of goals.

Not true.

If Spain beat Chile and Chile beat Switzerland you have a 3 way tie (im assuming Honduras lose all 3 games, they look very poor.) Then you're looking at goal difference.

I think the Spain defeat has to go down with the coach. Playing one up front and 5 in midfield was bad enough but to then have two of those midfielders as holding midfielders was a head scratcher. There is no way on Earth Busquets should be picked over Fabregas. Fair enough Torres isn't fully fit yet, still, I thought it was very negative.

I expect them to win both their remaining games.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:

Not true.

If Spain beat Chile and Chile beat Switzerland you have a 3 way tie (im assuming Honduras lose all 3 games, they look very poor.) Then you're looking at goal difference.

I think the Spain defeat has to go down with the coach. Playing one up front and 5 in midfield was bad enough but to then have two of those midfielders as holding midfielders was a head scratcher. There is no way on Earth Busquets should be picked over Fabregas. Fair enough Torres isn't fully fit yet, still, I thought it was very negative.

what's not true? I said that Spain would need to win by a couple of goals. If Spain beats Chile and Honduras they'll have 6 points. If Chile beats Switzerland and lose to Spain they'll have 6 and if Switzerland loses to Chile and beat Honduras they'll have 6. That's why I said that Spain would need to win their games by a couple of goals.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

quote:

Im so happy right now, I was mad Portugal drew with the Elephants but now it came out as a good thing. We (hopefully) finish 2nd and so do the Spanish, then it's Brazil vs Spain and Portugal vs Switzerland!

I'm also happy a player from FC Porto scored a goal (Alvaro Pereira), and Forlan is a beast.

If anything....It would be Chile first and Spain Second. I think Chile is a better team than Switzerland and we'll have a better match between Chile and Portugal. Although I'd rather see a Spain-Portugal.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:

Not true.

what's not true? I said that Spain would need to win by a couple of goals. If Spain beats Chile and Honduras they'll have 6 points. If Chile beats Switzerland and lose to Spain they'll have 6 and if Switzerland loses to Chile and beat Honduras they'll have 6. That's why I said that Spain would need to win their games by a couple of goals.

I thought you said Spain have to hope Switzerland lose to Honduras to qualify. Maybe i've read it wrong? it is 3am here lol

I'm crushed. The worst nightmare I didn't want to believe but feared.

Spain being Spain.

I'm so dissapointed, I know the level headed mindset says that Spain can overcome this but how can I go back to dreaming of winning it all when they can't even beat the Swiss.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

Switzerland will defeat the Honduras and draw with Chile. They will finish with 7 pts, and Spain with 6.

Chile will beat the Swiss.

This coming from Maradona? Doesn't Maradona and the citizens of Argentina think he's God?

quote:
As for Platini, "I always had a very distant relationship with him -- hello and goodbye. We know how the French are and Platini is French and he thinks of himself as being more than the rest of the world. I've never paid him any attention and I won't do it now."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/w...useum?cc=5901&ver=us

I like people from Argentina, I play soccer with them and I admire their team and how they'd die on the soccer field for their country, but their egos are out of control and they've always think they're the superior race.

Alexis Sanchez is a beast, but I think Chile's defense won't allow them to defeat the Swiss.

NOW, Talking bout today games:

Argentina was a good surprise, but don't get too happy, it's SOUTH KOREA alright?

Nigeria vs Greece was one of the most entertaining games so far, but that dude who got sent off just messed everything up and Obasi missed big time on that play, even my 3 year old brother would have scored.

But Nigeria isn't as screwed as it looks, they just have to hope Argentina beats Greece (It will obviously happen) and then beat the South Koreans (tough, but not impossible.)

Even if they defeat South Korea by only one goal, they will finish second.

Actual Standings:

Argentina 6 pts 4 positive goals

Greece 3 pts 1 negative goal

South Korea 3 pts 1 negative goal

Nigeria 0 pts 2 negative goals.

If the above mentioned happens:

Argentina 9 pts 5 or more positive goals

Nigeria 3 pts 1 negative goal

South Korea 3 pts 1 negative goal

Greece 3 pts 2 or more negative goals.

Mexico vs France is almost on.

I want Mexico to defeat the French because I hate their coach but at the same time I want them to draw, so South Africa still has a chance.

Then Uruguai would tie or defeat the Mexicans and South Africa defeat France so they can pass.