quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by couch coach:

Hedo would at least drive it to the hole and score....opening a big can of worms for other defenses.

The point Couch Coach is making that at least Hedo attempts to attack the paint to draw defenders towards him and away from Howard. Carter hasn't shown that part of his game yet. Maybe it's his ankle still but SVG is giving him the freedom to do what he wants. And he's not attacking the basket.

This is the biggest falsity about VC's game. He hasn't been attacking the rim on a consistent basis in years.

I know what we could do, look at facts, that's always fun. VC is shooting jumpshots 84% of the time and draws fouls at 4.8%.

Lets look at Lee just for giggles. Although his Fg% sucks(but he doesn't get open looks all day) he only shoots jumpshots 69% of the time and is drawing fouls at 13.6%, not to mention he actually plays defense and costs like 14 mil a year less. The point is guys have to have a role and we have tons of guys who want the same role. Nobody drives to the basket and few defend, and people don't want to create. Lee was a better fit on this team even though overall skill wise he is an inferior player.

What's Courtney's FG% this year? What about his 3PT%? Last time I checked it was hovering around 12%.

And he's injured.

Did I not say his FG% sucks? I mean Harris is out and no one on that team draws a double, he was great for us last year though, thats the point. He fit perfectly on this team and can knockdown open shots and is better in the open floor. VC FG% is so high like everyone else on this team because of Dwight Howard, last time I checked he doesn't play on the Nets. So now people want to hate on Lee? The guy was a perfect role player on this team and its been proven over and over again adding a big name to an already great team rarely works.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hedo would at least drive it to the hole and score....opening a big can of worms for other defenses.

The point Couch Coach is making that at least Hedo attempts to attack the paint to draw defenders towards him and away from Howard. Carter hasn't shown that part of his game yet. Maybe it's his ankle still but SVG is giving him the freedom to do what he wants. And he's not attacking the basket.

This is the biggest falsity about VC's game. He hasn't been attacking the rim on a consistent basis in years.

I know what we could do, look at facts, that's always fun. VC is shooting jumpshots 84% of the time and draws fouls at 4.8%.

Lets look at Lee just for giggles. Although his Fg% sucks(but he doesn't get open looks all day) he only shoots jumpshots 69% of the time and is drawing fouls at 13.6%, not to mention he actually plays defense and costs like 14 mil a year less. The point is guys have to have a role and we have tons of guys who want the same role. Nobody drives to the basket and few defend, and people don't want to create. Lee was a better fit on this team even though overall skill wise he is an inferior player.

What's Courtney's FG% this year? What about his 3PT%? Last time I checked it was hovering around 12%.

And he's injured.

Did I not say his FG% sucks? I mean Harris is out and no one on that team draws a double, he was great for us last year though, thats the point. He fit perfectly on this team and can knockdown open shots and is better in the open floor. VC FG% is so high like everyone else on this team because of Dwight Howard, last time I checked he doesn't play on the Nets. So now people want to hate on Lee? The guy was a perfect role player on this team and its been proven over and over again adding a big name to an already great team rarely works.

Lee was GARBAGE in the playoffs outside of 2 games against Philly and his job defending House. Perfect role player? Rashard is a perfect role player. To say Lee was perfect is asinine.

We lacked a scorer who could create his own shot on the perimeter. Lee couldn't, Carter can. Lee's DWS this year is 0.3, Last year is was 3.1. Dwight Howard effect maybe?

Are we going to say Lee's offense was great playing next to Dwight but his defense was stellar on its own? Lee is being exposed right now as a marginal offensive player and an average defender. Funny how playing with Dwight will do that.

LOL @ saying Lee was great on offense here because of Dwight, then saying he was a great defender on his own merit. It started and ended with Dwight on both ends of the floor.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

As for Vince, the only time i've seen him drive consistently is in the New Jersey Game, and we know how that went icon_smile.gif . When he does drive he uses his excellent body control to score, but he looks like he's running in Sand. Whether it's his ankle or not time will tell. I think we are the worst team so far with eight or more wins. We look pathetic on both ends of the floor at times, but we are winning.

I'd like to see this as a good thing. It says that if/when we start playing good D and scoring efficiently we cannot be stopped. I agree with the posters that say Vince needs to handle the ball more. SVG needs to run the offense through him. IMO if Jameer plays off the ball and Vince drives to the hoop more we would see a very potent offense.

I must admit i am not thrilled about VC's performance thus far, but to even suggest that Hedo was/is better is crazy. A hobbled, injury prone carter has shown me more than Hedo did in his time here. I believe Chemistry, injuries have much to do with the performance of our star players so far. I know things have gotten off to a slow start, but i still believe.

Were only 8-3 cause we have been playing weak teams. We played the twice the Nets,Bobcats, Pistons. Then we played the Thunder, Sixers, Raptors, Suns and Cavs. Out of those 11 games besides the Raptors, Suns and Cavs who will possibly make the playoffs which other teams that we played is even worth talking about? So yeah we might be the worst 8-3 team in the league and we haven't played nobody but the Raptors, Suns and Cavs that's worth talking about.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And he's injured.

Lee was GARBAGE in the playoffs outside of 2 games against Philly and his job defending House. Perfect role player? Rashard is a perfect role player. To say Lee was perfect is asinine.

We lacked a scorer who could create his own shot on the perimeter. Lee couldn't, Carter can. Lee's DWS this year is 0.3, Last year is was 3.1. Dwight Howard effect maybe?

Are we going to say Lee's offense was great playing next to Dwight but his defense was stellar on its own? Lee is being exposed right now as a marginal offensive player and an average defender. Funny how playing with Dwight will do that.

LOL @ saying Lee was great on offense here because of Dwight, then saying he was a great defender on his own merit. It started and ended with Dwight on both ends of the floor.

Lee was the best perimeter defender, to say he is average is a joke. Thats the point anyone can hit open shots with Dwight Howard, thats not VC'S role. VC doesn't get his own shot thats the **** point! Look at the facts and Lee was a rookie in his first playoffs, sorry he wasn't a star. You don't trade young talent who has tons of upside for an aging guy who doesn't go to the rim anymore.

Dwight not only makes everyone better on offense, he does it for defense too, see Rashard Lewis.

Why is it so difficult to grasp that Lee playing with the DPOY may have made him look better defensively than he really is, just like it did on offense?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

As for Vince, the only time i've seen him drive consistently is in the New Jersey Game, and we know how that went icon_smile.gif . When he does drive he uses his excellent body control to score, but he looks like he's running in Sand. Whether it's his ankle or not time will tell. I think we are the worst team so far with eight or more wins. We look pathetic on both ends of the floor at times, but we are winning.

I'd like to see this as a good thing. It says that if/when we start playing good D and scoring efficiently we cannot be stopped. I agree with the posters that say Vince needs to handle the ball more. SVG needs to run the offense through him. IMO if Jameer plays off the ball and Vince drives to the hoop more we would see a very potent offense.

I must admit i am not thrilled about VC's performance thus far, but to even suggest that Hedo was/is better is crazy. A hobbled, injury prone carter has shown me more than Hedo did in his time here. I believe Chemistry, injuries have much to do with the performance of our star players so far. I know things have gotten off to a slow start, but i still believe.

Were only 8-3 cause we have been playing weak teams. We played the twice the Nets,Bobcats, Pistons. Then we played the Thunder, Sixers, Raptors, Suns and Cavs. Out of those 11 games besides the Raptors, Suns and Cavs who will possibly make the playoffs which other teams that we played is even worth talking about? So yeah we might be the worst 8-3 team in the league and we haven't played nobody but the Raptors, Suns and Cavs that's worth talking about.

Yeah, if we had a run against some really good teams we would be blown out a lot. I As much as it hurts to watch the team play like this, i'm still hoping we pull through.

quote:

Dwight not only makes everyone better on offense, he does it for defense too, see Rashard Lewis.

Why is it so difficult to grasp that Lee playing with the DPOY may have made him look better defensively than he really is, just like it did on offense?

He did a good job keeping his man in front of him, plus the scouting report on him was that he could defend in the NBA, that was his strongest point. Then people started to realize he can shoot and go to the rim. He still can get a lot better and was in the perfect system for him. Whether Dwight helped him or not, there is no doubt he was the best perimeter defender on this team and was only going to get better.

For "Addicted to Bash" Hedo for every opportunity and having "Fish Memory" members like Goshprey

I honestly hope Vince shows his Half Man Half Amazing class moves when you need him most along with 82 mil roster just like Hedo did last year for 2nd round playoff exit team.

Game 7 at Boston

FGM-A 12/9

3PM-A 5/4

FTM-A 3/3

REB 5

AST 12

Total 25 Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dT9ptEFHg

And I honestly hope he reaches to Final with this great talented roster - personally i missed to watch Dwight's entertaining personality and Shard's coolness. Vince deserves to get at least one ring and it would be great to watch him at the Finals with his unique athleticism.

If Vince somehow performs bad at here just like some of the members -i.e: new guy- predicted three months ago, that will not make its a valid point that Hedo is better than him, or vice versa. They are apple and orange.

This is my last post in here. I know %98 of this boards full with Hedo haters, some of them are blind while some of them are trying seem to be rational but one thing is sure HEDO HAS GONE and you should get used to it, stop using his name here every opportunity at down and ups.

If you watch below video, you will hear his voice telling you its the end of this story.

Good Luck Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

For "Addicted to Bash" Hedo for every opportunity and having "Fish Memory" members like Goshprey

I honestly hope Vince shows his Half Man Half Amazing class moves when you need him most along with 82 mil roster just like Hedo did last year for 2nd round playoff exit team.

Game 7 at Boston

FGM-A 12/9

3PM-A 5/4

FTM-A 3/3

REB 5

AST 12

Total 25 Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dT9ptEFHg

And I honestly hope he reaches to Final with this great talented roster - personally i missed to watch Dwight's entertaining personality and Shard's coolness. Vince deserves to get at least one ring and it would be great to watch him at the Finals with his unique athleticism.

If Vince somehow performs bad at here just like some of the members -i.e: new guy- predicted three months ago, that will not make its a valid point that Hedo is better than him, or vice versa. They are apple and orange.

This is my last post in here. I know %98 of this boards full with Hedo haters, some of them are blind while some of them are trying seem to be rational but one thing is sure HEDO HAS GONE and you should get used to it, stop using his name here every opportunity at down and ups.

If you watch below video, you will hear his voice telling you its the end of this story.

Good Luck Magic

That was a well played game by Hedo. 25pts 12 rebs 5 assist in a game 7 game against the Celtics. That looks like he was a good finisher too me.

Even in that video it shows everything that Hedo did for us that Carter doesn't. We will need Carter to play similar or better than that.