Sign in to follow this  
VinceCarter4life

People are thinking too much..

It's not cuz Barnes has been missing open 3s. It's not becuz Redick is trying to win MVP. It's not becuz Rashard Lewis is absent.

It's becuz you win with your franchise player. The game begins and ends with him.

If Dwight doesnt play good, we most likely lose. Dwight HAS to perform for us to win a good win.

VC cant carry the team against other elite teams like the Cavs if D12 isnt showing up.

When Dwight performs. He gets doubled harder. We have players open, that's when we take our 3s. Inside Out. Not outside outside in. We Need Dwight to stop anything in the paint. Starts with Dwight.

It's simple. The team will come together if Dwight starts dominating again...on Defense at least.

It's not cuz Barnes has been missing open 3s. It's not becuz Redick is trying to win MVP. It's not becuz Rashard Lewis is absent.

It's becuz you win with your franchise player. The game begins and ends with him.

If Dwight doesnt play good, we most likely lose. Dwight HAS to perform for us to win a good win.

VC cant carry the team against other elite teams like the Cavs if D12 isnt showing up.

When Dwight performs. He gets doubled harder. We have players open, that's when we take our 3s. Inside Out. Not outside outside in. We Need Dwight to stop anything in the paint. Starts with Dwight.

It's simple. The team will come together if Dwight starts dominating again...on Defense at least.

^that's why I said most likely.

Teams can be carried by Wing players. But it's not consistent like a big man. Nets lose without Vince, Cavs lose without LeBron..

Lakers and Kobe lose without Shaq. They'll win some, but not a championship or against elite teams

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

^that's why I said most likely.

Teams can be carried by Wing players. But it's not consistent like a big man. Nets lose without Vince, Cavs lose without LeBron..

Lakers and Kobe lose without Shaq. They'll win some, but not a championship or against elite teams

Its to early to say this team will live up to "Best Team In Orlando Magic History" yet. I'll wait.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Its to early to say this team will live up to "Best Team In Orlando Magic History" yet. I'll wait.

Im with ya O-Dub, lets see what we do this yr...

*Although in the back of my head im wondering what Magic trick Otis has for us next year*

I think we are being too hard on the magic...for heavens sake they will prolly end up with a 7-3 record after 10 games without playing a single game with the squad that Otis put together to win a championship. Now that in my opinion is impressive especially when you think they have lost to subpar teams like the pistons and thunder.

We need to give them some time to gel together and play as a unit. Once Rashard comes back this is a different team not because Rashard is our savior but because the team will finally be able to operate according to a game plan as a unit.

If anything I think the biggest positive from the first 10 games is the quality of our bench. Last year the starters used to come in build a 15 point lead only for the bench to blow it. This year we have seen games where bass, anderson, reddick, williams, gortat and barnes have stepped up. That second unit is going be nasty.

I think we have a great squad. Lets give them 30 games before passing any major judgements. So far it is looking good.

We're supposed to have all this talent, be the deepest team in the league yet we've been blown out twice in one week. I don't remember that happening at all last year. Rashard or no Rashard, if we're so deep we shouldn't get blown out at home like that.

We'll see how it goes, but I don't like what I'm seeing. Not just in the losses, in the wins too. Excluding the 76ers and Suns games...

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

We're supposed to have all this talent, be the deepest team in the league yet we've been blown out twice in one week. I don't remember that happening at all last year. Rashard or no Rashard, if we're so deep we shouldn't get blown out at home like that.

We'll see how it goes, but I don't like what I'm seeing. Not just in the losses, in the wins too. Excluding the 76ers and Suns games...

No Rashard, no Anderson, half-a-Vince...

Not quite as rosy a picture as you painted it out to be.

By the way, I get a kick out of the fact that there's two threads... one is titled "People are thinking too much.." and the other one is titled "Okay, I've been thinking."

I'm just sayin'.