Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Darko and Arroyo to LA?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Odub you made me look up his field goal percentage and you are way off. Darko is 186th during the regular season and 19th in the postseason. His percentage was .588 in the playoffs so that is really good.

i think he meant for orlando... remember? - there was a discussion about him being better than dwight....

I'd do that trade. Arroyo/Darko for Odom. I'd rather have the trade be Jameer/Darko for Odom. Carlos has done well for us this season. I was a huge Jameer fan prior to his third season, but he's showed absolutely no improvement while Carlos has played better (imo). If we can get Lamar from LAL and add Kidd from NJ with Carlos as backup PG, we'll be set. The only worries we'll have is J Kidd retiring in a few years.

We really need a SG imo and I have no ideas on that one.

quote:
Carlos has done well for us this

season.

lol, are you for real? They were both (Jameer/Carlos) as ordinary as each other, lmao.

And G Wall is the most en lighting prospect available.

quote:
Originally posted by Formula 1:

I'd do that trade. Arroyo/Darko for Odom. I'd rather have the trade be Jameer/Darko for Odom. Carlos has done well for us this season. I was a huge Jameer fan prior to his third season, but he's showed absolutely no improvement while Carlos has played better (imo). If we can get Lamar from LAL and add Kidd from NJ with Carlos as backup PG, we'll be set. The only worries we'll have is J Kidd retiring in a few years.

We really need a SG imo and I have no ideas on that one.

How do you plan on getting Kidd from the Nets if we were to give up Jameer wit Darko to LA which is ridiculous to begin with. Outside of Darko an Dwight NJ aint interested in anyting else. NJ needs froncourt help an Dwights not going anywhere so NJ wnt be interested in anytrades that doesnt include Darko.

I like Darko alot but Odom is a superb all-rounder, I agree that the injuries are worrying but Odom was awesome last season at times.

He can do it all, very similar to a Marion type player.

Honestly, I love these discussions. So many people basing their opinion on limited knowledge and intuition.

I'm sure we'll all agree that Darko had a great post-season. But Lamar Odom scored 19 points and yanked down 13 rebounds.

During the regular season he did struggle with injuries, but he still averaged 16 points, 10 rebounds and an amazing 5 assists.

Darko, although he has amazing potential, still has not proven that he is worth the 8-10 million dollars he will surely command. Meanwhile, Lamar in 8 seasons, has career averages of 16 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. He averages 37 minutes per game but has only averaged 64 games played per season.

Lamar will make 13.4 million next season, therefore, if we are trading Darko & a guard (Dooling, Bogans, Arroyo, etc) they will be required to throw in Maurice Evans, Bynum or Kwame (or picks) to make it work.

One way or another, trading Darko is a very unclear decision. He could blossom into an Odom type player, or he could steal 10 million per season and fade into obscurity.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

One way or another, trading Darko is a very unclear decision. He could blossom into an Odom type player, or he could steal 10 million per season and fade into obscurity.

Thats what im afraid of but the possibility of Milicic becoming an Odom player an him being so young is just to much to pass up. An yeah theres now way Orlando or LA pull a trade off. Most of us are just looking to fill in time before next season.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Lamar will make 13.4 million next season, therefore, if we are trading Darko & a guard (Dooling, Bogans, Arroyo, etc) they will be required to throw in Maurice Evans, Bynum or Kwame (or picks) to make it work.

Help me here, Smack. I'm not understanding the numbers here.

How much are you assuming Darko is going to get paid?

Since most folks seem to be predicting the $8-10 million range, let's say it is $9 million per year. Of the guards you listed, Arroyo makes the most at a little over $4 million a year.

If Lamar is going to make 13.4 million next year, and Darko + Arroyo is also a little over 13 million, why would the Lakers have to throw in another player?

This is an open question, so if anyone else knows the answer, please educate me (now there's a challenge).