Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

Gators have looked good with a couple upsets, but I still think it's Cuse's game to lose, that's not to say it can't happen though.

That SEC/Big East Invitational is a joke by the way. Only four games and it's mostly junk. Now I understand if they were to go completely head to head like ACC/Big 10 the SEC would get murked, but we can't at least throw in a WVU/Tenn or a Nova/LSU matchup? Louisville/Vandy, something? How does Depaul/Miss St make for good television?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Wait, Florida State is garbage but...it's a quality non conference win for Florida? Amazing how VaBch twists things in his favor.

Lewis, I'm telling you man, West Virginia this year, we're taking the Big East(which is STILL the best conference in the country)! We are DEEEEEEEEP, all they lost was Ruoff but had two stud SGs come in. One being a stud freshman (Dalton Pepper), the other being the Junior College POY (Casey Mitchell). Dan Jennings is going to be a force in the middle, Ebanks is back, and we haven't even seen Killici yet because he's suspended for playing on the Turkish national team (Hedo me). This team goes a legit 10 deep, when most good college teams only go 7-8 deep.

yeah they've been good. Syracuse has been really surprising. they lost a lot of good players and might end up being better.

Lets see if the Gators can beat Syracuse

ill just toss this up right now. If the gators beat 'cuse then they are legit. If its a close game (within 5) then they are legit.

Michigan State seems to only put things together every 4 years so i dont really know if that is a statement game.

Not as confident in West Virginia this season as I was this morning. That game was awful, but win is a win I guess.

Also, have Carolina or Texas ever heard of defense?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Florida St is awesome, I love the *** whooping Florida just put on them.

we're young and our coach cant coach.

bragging about this win is like trolling a new jersey nets message board after we beat them.

im just suprised it took you guys 4 years to realize the easiest way to beat us is press us (we have no good ball handlers) and sit in a zone if we get passed half court (we cant shoot the 3 very well).

the only reason we beat you guys for so long is we just used athleticism and lucked out with 2 phenomenal players over the last six years.

Seriously, with your coaching it should be no contest.

EDIT: we may have more talent (more individually better players) but have no system or idea of how to recruit players in a way that they feed off each other. We just say ok this guy is a 4 star lets get him, this guy is a five star lets get him.

Florida has just had far inferior talent, not because of Donovan not bringing them in but because they all leave early or end up transferring because they have to sit on the bench. Spreights,Calathes,Jai Lucas the list goes on. IF Calathes had stayed this team would be amazing. This team will make some noise, should definitely be in the Tournament and after that anything can happen.

disagree, we beat you during the national championship years.

Calathes is not what your team needed, he hurt you more than he helped. As soon as you lost the two slow white lake howell guys from your starting lineup your team got better.

Still wouldn't expect a tourny birth though. You have talent but it needs to grow for a few years.

Another great prediction we just beat the #2 team in the country. This team will make the Tourney far easier than Florida St will. Calathes carried this team, he was just surrounded by freshmen.

where in my post did i say you dont have the talent to beat good teams. Its november dude, you remind me of us talking after the win @byu this year in football.

Different than CF, Florida will make the tourney. They barely missed it the last 2 years and already have 2 good non-conference wins. If they play the same way as last year throughout they still make it. This team will make the tourney easily, we just have the talent this year.

care to amend this after 3 straight losses?

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

How bout my boys from ODU!

What a great day of basketball so far.

2nd batch of games isnt as fun as the first ones