Sign in to follow this  
Magics4life

Why didnt Rashard Lewis Appeal the Suspension

Hey guys,

just got approved and finally on the board. been a magic fan since the beginning. The thing that really has bothered me is why Rashard didnt appeal the suspension. Is it because he didnt want to make this a bigger fuss then it already is. I mean he took it right after the season. Now.. if he took it during the season I can understand a suspension.... but this was after.

Hey guys,

just got approved and finally on the board. been a magic fan since the beginning. The thing that really has bothered me is why Rashard didnt appeal the suspension. Is it because he didnt want to make this a bigger fuss then it already is. I mean he took it right after the season. Now.. if he took it during the season I can understand a suspension.... but this was after.

First thing....welcome to the board! Next thing...good question, I have not been very comfortable with any answers to this point, and I would think the players union would have a few questions as well.!!

Because what he took is on the banned substance list? Where do you go from there exactly? It would of been foolish to appeal.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Because what he took is on the banned substance list? Where do you go from there exactly? It would of been foolish to appeal.

the substance is the only banned substance in all of sports. its not even banned in the MLB. Also Magic4life and themagic4life were all taken so I took this name

the league would have a no appeal clause where all decisions are final so sten dosnt risk egg on his face.

being a drug test all you can do is ask is that your B sample be tested if it come back clear you are fine if not they hang you.

If I remember correctly,the results came out during the finals,and he did appeal it then,thats why he was not suspended for the finals.

I don't know how it was kept so hush-hush,but I'd rather he was suspended to start this season,than to be out during the finals last year.!

quote:
Originally posted by Magics4life:

the substance is the only banned substance in all of sports.

quote:
its not even banned in the MLB.

I know what you meant, but I laughed anyway.

It's irrelevant. The substance is banned in the NBA.

First results came during the phila series I think. He didn't believe it and asked for another test to make sure. Those results came during the Finals. Later on, after the league reviewed it, a suspension was ruled.

I believe Shard didn't appeal it because:

1 - It would shine a bigger "steroid user" light on him

2 - By accepting the suspension, people acknowledge the fact he faced his own wrong-doings and admit he did wrong.

3 - Because it was his own mistake, that is, taking a substance that is banned unknowingly and not having the trainers and medical staff know about it and check it.

4 - He is the biggest name in the NBA to get suspended for illegal substance. Lets not make a bigger deal out of it.

5 - Cold Blooded. He will annihilate the league upon his arrival. Game 11. Doomsday.

6 - Dwight mixed his test results with Shards on purpose and Dwight gave him a new car to keep his mouth shut.