Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Officially New Official Power Rankings Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

#3 on SI

quote:
Orlando Magic (16-4)

It's nice to have the Knicks and Warriors around to work out the kinks in your offense, isn't it? Orlando put up 244 points against its only two opponents this week and now has a top-10 offense (102.1 points per game) to go with their equally tough defense (95.4).

didnt the knicks beat the suns last week?

Which doesn't change the fact that they are one of the worse teams in the NBA.

The Magic played two of the worse team in the NBA neither of which plays defense. What else is the writer supposed to say?

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

Which doesn't change the fact that they are one of the worse teams in the NBA.

The Magic played two of the worse team in the NBA neither of which plays defense. What else is the writer supposed to say?

i was pointing out that bad teams still have the capability to beat much better teams. And when has winning on the road been easy, especially on the opposite coast? The magic didnt make the schedule they just play the games

#3 on NBA.com

quote:
Pace: 94.7 (17), Off: 108.3 (5), Def: 101.6 (8)

Defensive inconsistency (107.6 rating over their last seven games) and turnovers (17.2 per game over their last five) may turn nice Stan back into angry Stan. But after a stretch of nine out of 11 on the road, the Magic are now home for seven of their next eight.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

With Boston on a winning streak and the Magic losing two in a row, you can't argue with 1. Boston 2. Lakers 3. Orlando 4. ATL very much right now.

Magic'll get themselves right throughout the rest of the month. Jameer'll probably be back within 2 weeks, and we've got a ton of home games upon us. On the flip side, the Lakers finally went on the road for a 19 out of 28 stretch, and already lost the first of those games in Utah.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a month, by January 14th, we have a better record than L.A.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

With Boston on a winning streak and the Magic losing two in a row, you can't argue with 1. Boston 2. Lakers 3. Orlando 4. ATL very much right now.

Magic'll get themselves right throughout the rest of the month. Jameer'll probably be back within 2 weeks, and we've got a ton of home games upon us. On the flip side, the Lakers finally went on the road for a 19 out of 28 stretch, and already lost the first of those games in Utah.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a month, by January 14th, we have a better record than L.A.

I dont know if i'd go as far as having better record then LA but maybe close.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I dont know if i'd go as far as having better record then LA but maybe close.

Yeah that's what I meant by "wouldn't be surprised." Like, I wouldn't BET on it, but while ESPN and most of the NBA would be shocked, I wouldn't.

NBA.com: #3

quote:

Vince Carter is shooting 35 percent over the last six games, but has attempted 40 more shots than Dwight Howard in that stretch. Carter's shooting a career-low 40 percent for the season. Maybe the return of Jameer Nelson (possibly Wednesday) will help.

ESPN.com: #3

quote:

The good news: Jameer is closing in on reactivation. The bad news: Orlando has to deal this week with two teams that know how to make you work (Utah and Houston) before the big Christmas Day showdown with Boston.

Don't really know how this is. I think these guys didn't watch a single second of Magic basketball this week.

There's never a good time for a 10-game suspension,obviously, but the magic--with no less than a dozen guys vying for legit PT-- should handle Rashard lewis' absence as well as any team in the league could. icon_frown.gif

crows.jpg

#3 in ESPN's lovefest with Kobe and Lebron:

quote:
The Magic don't exactly look like the deepest team in the league these days. They're starting to look like a team that is struggling to keep everyone happy and frustrated by its inability to keep everyone healthy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...?season=2010&week=10

#4 in NBA.com's rankings:

quote:
Pace: 95.0 (14), Off: 107.4 (6), Def: 100.4 (5)

Saturday's loss in Chicago ended a string of six straight games in which the Magic held their opponents to less than a point per possession. Chalk it up to playing the second night of a back-to-back? They've got three more in the next 10 days.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/