Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Guess what paper ranks magic third in the leauge?

What link? This is the first ive seen. Next time OS calls my house asking for a subscription ill tell them to first rank their ****** home team number 1 in their power rankings and to suck it.

EDIT- Do not go around the word filters to swear. This is against the TOS, and can lead to a ban. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by stealthtt24:

What link? This is the first ive seen. Next time OS calls my house asking for a subscription ill tell them to first rank their ****** home team number 1 in their power rankings and to suck it.

Couldn't say it better myself. but to be honest i kinda expected it. Not sure why; but i did.

I don't have that much of a problem with it. Looking at the list, it looks like it sets up for Celts at 2 and the Lakers at 1. The Lakers are the champs who beat (while be it a different line up) the Magic. While I think the Magic got better and deeper, so have the other two. If all teams stay healthy and perform as they should on paper...I believe we will be facing the Celtics in the ECF and then the Lakers for the title, so I wouldn't bury the Sentinel for this. (there'll be plenty more legit things to bury them for later)

Im not so sure about the Celtics. Eternal Celtics fan Bill Simmons doesn't buy the story on KG's health and thinks he's a lot worse off then the team lets on.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Im not so sure about the Celtics. Eternal Celtics fan Bill Simmons doesn't buy the story on KG's health and thinks he's a lot worse off then the team lets on.

As I stated before, one of the main reasons that "OUR" boy's continue to be disrespected by mainstream media, it starts with the home town media representation that should be depended upon for an expert view! Of course, if we are holding our breath waiting for that rag to print one honest, (or at least attempt to be honest) article......^&%&%&%&%$##@@@*&^ well 21 years and I am still waiting, so don't expect anything from these clowns!!! Period!!!!!

I'm a huge Magic fan and I love my team to death, but if I do my rankings they would not be at the number one spot. Does that make me a bad fan? or a realistic one?

Who cares if the OS ranked the magic as number 3! We could be last on their rankings and make it to the finals again!

The problem to me is that just as we follow the team and actually know about basketball, they should know that this team is much better than last years. I don't care about the national media. I expect them to ride Lebron's and the Celtic's train all the way, but the local paper should do a better job.

I mean, if you want to say that the top 3 East teams are so close that are hard to call, why not put your local team on top.

At the very least, they should put them on top because Orlando is the Eastern Conference Champion and until its proven otherwise, they are the better team in the east. Isn't that the logic that ESPN and the papers used before to call Boston or Cleveland #1? Didn't they say once they are still top team because they won the east? Then what gives?

The fact is that the OS is not Magic friendly. They've never been. Their Magic coverage is pathetic. Horrible. Then they ask why people don't buy that trash anymore.

I am a big magic fan of course, but I don't mind the national media doubting us. But you would think that anyone local would support the team, good times, or bad times. We are turning into a Pittsburg or Atlanta franchise, where the fans hate the teams no matter what...lol

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

this is very important, i saw a clip of kg shooting two jump shots and espn announcers are shouting kg is back!!!! ????? they're idiots, let me see kg fend off shaq on the low post a few more times with that knee before i jump to conclusions, garnett uses his legs alot in that sort of matchup becuase he gives up alot of weight to bigger guys.

in reference, the first monday night game, tom brady hadn't done anything the entire game, he throws one crappy pass to a tight end and looked horrible doing so, but i remember watching that clip being replayed multiple times while that idiot from pti was screaming BRADY!!! over and over again.

espn is turning disney, and starting to pander to the masses that don't really pay attention to the details of any sport, but just big names and big markets. it really is more lucrative for them to build superstars like brady, lebron, farve, whoever. it just sucks for real sports fans that pay attention to detail, all in all they're leaving themselves open to get taken over as the worldwide leader in sports, all someone has to do is come along and broadcast real sports with honest opinions and drop all of the retarded drama and panic that espn has become known for.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

The problem to me is that just as we follow the team and actually know about basketball, they should know that this team is much better than last years. I don't care about the national media. I expect them to ride Lebron's and the Celtic's train all the way, but the local paper should do a better job.

I mean, if you want to say that the top 3 East teams are so close that are hard to call, why not put your local team on top.

The fact is that the OS is not Magic friendly. They've never been. Their Magic coverage is pathetic. Horrible. Then they ask why people don't buy that trash anymore.

I am a big magic fan of course, but I don't mind the national media doubting us. But you would think that anyone local would support the team, good times, or bad times. We are turning into a Pittsburg or Atlanta franchise, where the fans hate the teams no matter what...lol

This is my point going away!! They choose their direction, which typically conflict with the fan base .....ok, that is your choice, but why should they wonder why people hope that they either rid themselves of these sudo so-called hack journalist or go bancrupt. Or maybe provide us with talent worth reading or purchasing? If they wanted quality, 2 names come to mind, Povtak and Denton if they ever wanted to get it right!