Sign in to follow this  
leissaK

NBA2K10 Team/Player Ratings released

I like the new ratings system, the old way made everyone seem like they were a star. The ratings are fair, if you look at Kevin Durant being an 82 then an 81 to VC seems very generous. I think Shard should be rated a 79 but its ok. This will quit all the cheese players who just use exploits rather than playing real basketball. Also, they made the turbo button so it runs out and causes your player to become extremely fatigued. The only people who would complain about these ratings are people who like to play NBA jam instead of Sim ball.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Of course VaBch disagrees with everyone else.

Dude use your head, its not a disrespect to anyones game. The ratings are on a larger scale from 99-45 which they were not in the past. Its meant to make for more realistic play the rating has nothing to do with it. Dwight is an 89 and he is the best center in the game, so why would VC be rated higher than an 81? Its a scale and I know its difficult math but when you use your brain a 81 this year is like being a 87-90 last year. Its not like JJ is a 70 which would then make the ratings crap. Instead he is a 52, which maybe will allow you to understand.

Not to mention like I said before about being a cheeser but I'm sure you love playing with VC and having 20 dunks a game, that is what 2k is trying to get away from. Once again Durant is an 82 so an 81 for VC is right on. Not to mention 2k has an agreement from 82games.com and these ratings were made directly from offensive and defensive stats from last year, its the first year any basketball game has been this accurate. So yes, I would disagree with all the misinformed posts on this board with people talking about something they know nothing about.

quote:

Just to help you understand a little more look at what I found! These are the top sg's in the game and VC is rated as the 6th best one which might even be high but is more than fair. Quit looking at the overall number it doesn't mean anything, hopefully this will make it easy to understand.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I like the new ratings system, the old way made everyone seem like they were a star. The ratings are fair, if you look at Kevin Durant being an 82 then an 81 to VC seems very generous. I think Shard should be rated a 79 but its ok. This will quit all the cheese players who just use exploits rather than playing real basketball. Also, they made the turbo button so it runs out and causes your player to become extremely fatigued. The only people who would complain about these ratings are people who like to play NBA jam instead of Sim ball.

Sorry buddy but I disagree entirely. First of all this is about player ratings not about game play tweaks (I like the turbo meter). Second of all the idea that everyone is a star has now been replaced that there are 4 players who are at such a higher level over everyone else that they might as well be pro ballers compared to college ballers. CP3: 94 D-Wade: 97 LBJ: 96 Kobe: 97.

The game already had a bad problem with people being able to basically drop 60-80 pts with those players. Now you separate them even further from the pack. They already played like they were in NBA Jams, now I might as well go play Street Homecourt.

Their is no respect at all for the big man in this game either. Dwight has got the best rating of all the bigs at only an 89. Heres some other gems. I took all the raitings of the big men (PFs and Cs) who played in last years all star game.

S Oneal: 81

K Garnett: 89

D West: 78

C Boozer: 84

P Gasol: 84

R Lewis: 75

D Nowitzki: 83

C Bosh: 84

Y Ming: 83

T Duncan: 88

A Stoudemire: 82

Only 3 players in the upper 80's. The rest all at or below 84, and two of them in the 70's. So you still think this new rating system is a problem? The best of the best big men in the league, and nearly all of them are rated 10 points lower or even more then the best perimeter players in the league. Two of those perimeter players which, by the way, couldn't even get their teams past the first round.

This NBA 2K10 is gonna be nothing but an arcade 130 pt a game guard fest trust me.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

Sorry buddy but I disagree entirely. First of all this is about player ratings not about game play tweaks (I like the turbo meter). Second of all the idea that everyone is a star has now been replaced that there are 4 players who are at such a higher level over everyone else that they might as well be pro ballers compared to college ballers. CP3: 94 D-Wade: 97 LBJ: 96 Kobe: 97.

The game already had a bad problem with people being able to basically drop 60-80 pts with those players. Now you separate them even further from the pack. They already played like they were in NBA Jams, now I might as well go play Street Homecourt.

Their is no respect at all for the big man in this game either. Dwight has got the best rating of all the bigs at only an 89. Heres some other gems. I took all the raitings of the big men (PFs and Cs) who played in last years all star game.

S Oneal: 81

K Garnett: 89

D West: 78

C Boozer: 84

P Gasol: 84

R Lewis: 75

D Nowitzki: 83

C Bosh: 84

Y Ming: 83

T Duncan: 88

A Stoudemire: 82

Only 3 players in the upper 80's. The rest all at or below 84, and two of them in the 70's. So you still think this new rating system is a problem? The best of the best big men in the league, and nearly all of them are rated 10 points lower or even more then the best perimeter players in the league. Two of those perimeter players which, by the way, couldn't even get their teams past the first round.

This NBA 2K10 is gonna be nothing but an arcade 130 pt a game guard fest trust me.

What do you want Dwight to be? They took his stats from 82games and guess what they found out? He was only an above average offensive player(wow shocker). He is not an elite player on both sides of the ball, no big men are really. Kobe,Bron,Wade,Paul they are, its that easy. Not to mention if you lose to anyone who only uses 1 player than you don't know how to play or play the exact same way. I beat people all the time playing with crappy teams who us LA and the Cavs. Look at that list and it makes sense I am a firm believer their are only 5 players or less who are really superstars. Not to mention the biggest point they used facts from numbers from last year. You may think these players are awesome in every facet of the game but the facts say differently.

quote:

quote:

Dude use your head, its not a disrespect to anyones game. The ratings are on a larger scale from 99-45 which they were not in the past. Its meant to make for more realistic play the rating has nothing to do with it. Dwight is an 89 and he is the best center in the game, so why would VC be rated higher than an 81? Its a scale and I know its difficult math but when you use your brain a 81 this year is like being a 87-90 last year. Its not like JJ is a 70 which would then make the ratings crap. Instead he is a 52, which maybe will allow you to understand.

Not to mention like I said before about being a cheeser but I'm sure you love playing with VC and having 20 dunks a game, that is what 2k is trying to get away from. Once again Durant is an 82 so an 81 for VC is right on. Not to mention 2k has an agreement from 82games.com and these ratings were made directly from offensive and defensive stats from last year, its the first year any basketball game has been this accurate. So yes, I would disagree with all the misinformed posts on this board with people talking about something they know nothing about.

I didn't say anything bad about them lowering the ratings. I could care less if they dropped everyone's overall ratings. They messed up with a lot players overall ratings still. You're comparing the same few players.

Rondo is an 87. Dwight is an 89. Rashard is a 75. Blake Griffin who's never touched the court in the NBA is a 77. Stoudemire is an 82 while Pierce, Boozer are 84s. Durant is only an 82 while LeBron is a 96. Harris is an 86?

None of this adds up. Rondo is a top 9 player in the game. There's an 8 point gap from LeBron and the rest of the SFs, even though Camello is in that list. And 8 point gap is big now with the lowered ratings. Nowitzki is worse than Boozer.

A lot of these comparisons dont make much sense.

Don't just open you're mouth and think you're always right.

You think they just made a difference in scale, when in reality they changed everyones rank.

So Iggy was a 92 and Vince was a 92 last year at end, and now Iggy is an 84 and Vince is an 81.

edit:

cleaned for language

quote:

What do you want Dwight to be? They took his stats from 82games and guess what they found out? He was only an above average offensive player(wow shocker). He is not an elite player on both sides of the ball, no big men are really. Kobe,Bron,Wade,Paul they are, its that easy. Not to mention if you lose to anyone who only uses 1 player than you don't know how to play or play the exact same way. I beat people all the time playing with crappy teams who us LA and the Cavs. Look at that list and it makes sense I am a firm believer their are only 5 players or less who are really superstars. Not to mention the biggest point they used facts from numbers from last year. You may think these players are awesome in every facet of the game but the facts say differently.

Want to know the funny thing about numbers VBach? They lie and they lie big time. KG has some of his lowest stats ever in his career, mainly because he defers now to other players and has more talent around him. Does that make him any worse of a player? No it does not in anyway. Kobe Bryant had his lowest scoring average in over 6 years, assists in 3 years, Rebounds since his second season, does that mean hes any less of a player?

Again no it does not. Because numbers dont tell you everything. Thats why this fails. Because it is clearly based off numbers and numbers alone. Tell me how two rookies, James Harden and Blake Griffin are now considered just as effective and good as Two All star players, Rashard Lewis and David West?

Wanna know how? Because the system is clearly broken.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're obnoxious, you're ignorant, and a dumbass. It gets old that you must always think you are right and always disagree just to..idk get attention?

I didn't say anything bad about them lowering the ratings. I could care less if they dropped everyone's overall ratings. They messed up with a lot players overall ratings still. You're comparing the same few players.

Rondo is an 87. Dwight is an 89. Rashard is a 75. Blake Griffin who's never touched the court in the NBA is a 77. Stoudemire is an 82 while Pierce, Boozer are 84s. Durant is only an 82 while LeBron is a 96. Harris is an 86?

None of this adds up. Rondo is a top 9 player in the game. There's an 8 point gap from LeBron and the rest of the SFs, even though Camello is in that list. And 8 point gap is big now with the lowered ratings. Nowitzki is worse than Boozer.

A lot of these comparisons dont make much sense.

Don't just open you're mouth and think you're always right.

You think they just made a difference in scale, when in reality they changed everyones rank.

So Iggy was a 92 and Vince was a 92 last year at end, and now Iggy is an 84 and Vince is an 81.

Its based off position, with the highest rated player. Then drops the rating with the rankings of how that particular guy at that position. Shard is listed as a SF which is why he is rated lower, I clearly stated that he should have been rated higher until I realized he was listed as a SF(which he is not). Rondo is an 87 but is not the highest rated PG and to be honest he is slightly better than Harris since. I'm not sure why the rookies are rated the way they are but the players that aren't in there first year are rated the way they should be. 2k is trying to get rid of the garbage online if your going to cry about it then go play Live.

Iggy is younger and is improving still, while VC is undoubtedly not getting any better, its not that hard to figure out. Why are you getting so worked up over a video game?

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

Want to know the funny thing about numbers VBach? They lie and they lie big time. KG has some of his lowest stats ever in his career, mainly because he defers now to other players and has more talent around him. Does that make him any worse of a player? No it does not in anyway. Kobe Bryant had his lowest scoring average in over 6 years, assists in 3 years, Rebounds since his second season, does that mean hes any less of a player?

Again no it does not. Because numbers dont tell you everything. Thats why this fails. Because it is clearly based off numbers and numbers alone. Tell me how two rookies, James Harden and Blake Griffin are now considered just as effective and good as Two All star players, Rashard Lewis and David West?

Wanna know how? Because the system is clearly broken.

KG is not as good as a player as he used to be, thats a fact. You can say "numbers lie" all you want. What would you rather 2k do? I know, they should have you give the ratings that you think. People will always complain, it's the way the world works. If you are so bent out of shape then guess what? Don't spend $60 on it, problem solved.

This system is better than years passed and shows there is a huge difference between Kobe and Shard(which their is). Also the ratings are based on position again, so comparing a SF and a PF is not even relevant.

I hope 2K never makes a college football game. They probably make Tim Tebow 99 overall rating. I understand what 2k is trying to do but a lot of the good players got low balled on this one.