Sign in to follow this  
Jordan-esque

NBA 2K10 or NBA Live '10

really the defense I thought was a huge improvement.

You no longer can just hold the left trigger and have the computer move the player for you the whole time.

Now you have to time when you use the lock on D, for when needed. And you actually have to move and sag off of the defender like real life. You cant just stay locked on to them or they'll drive past.

I really like the D now. And plus you can block shots easy without a foul every time.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I've learned that it is **** near impossible to get assists in My Player mode, because every open shot I set up, the player either dribbles around before shooting or passes it to someone else.

And Rob are you really an 87 overall now? ****.

I'm at a 70 overall now and an 80 on offense. I never miss anymore, but I can't rebound for ****.

lol...my player is 50 icon_biggrin.gif i just played till i got the achievements.. and yes online is bs they never fixed it...its like laggy and slow.

I'm buying 2k10 soon. I did go to gamestop and play... err maybe 1 minute of NBA live 2010. My god, that game was horrible.

It's weird. I created a SF-Scorer, but my guy does basically alittle bit of everything. Maybe because I hustle on every play, but he's averaging 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and alittle under a block per game. This is in about 15 minutes of play with 5 minute quarters on pro. My player is only about a 55, with the only offensive stats that are in the 80s are my medium shots and close shots.

I read on other forums where guys are averaging 50 pts, 15 rebounds, and 10 assists per game. It's ridiculous.

Osprey, I have the same problem. Most of the time I only get the easy assists like on fastbreaks after I steal or when I dish it to a guy like Tyson Chandler right under the basket. Even then, I'll get it to Boris Diaw or Stephen Jackson, and he'll dribble for 10 seconds despite being wide open. And I don't know how many times I have to cut and be wide open before I get the ball thrown to me down low.

Like I said, they're definitly inconsistencies to the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

It's weird. I created a SF-Scorer, but my guy does basically alittle bit of everything. Maybe because I hustle on every play, but he's averaging 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and alittle under a block per game. This is in about 15 minutes of play with 5 minute quarters on pro. My player is only about a 55, with the only offensive stats that are in the 80s are my medium shots and close shots.

I read on other forums where guys are averaging 50 pts, 15 rebounds, and 10 assists per game. It's ridiculous.

Osprey, I have the same problem. Most of the time I only get the easy assists like on fastbreaks after I steal or when I dish it to a guy like Tyson Chandler right under the basket. Even then, I'll get it to Boris Diaw or Stephen Jackson, and he'll dribble for 10 seconds despite being wide open. And I don't know how many times I have to cut and be wide open before I get the ball thrown to me down low.

I've been playing games on 12 minute quarters now and it is so much easier to build up skill points that way. It really is. Now I am a 71 overall and I average about 2500 SP a game. I also average about 40, 8, 6, 4, and 4.

My player now is a 90 overall SG. What really boosted my skill level was adding points to the Offensive and Defensive Awareness. On Saturday I was a 72 overall and now I'm a 90. I didn't even play a lot of games either. Them 2 main categories(Offensive and Defensive Awareness) boost your overall skill level up. So I'm a 90 in both and 90 in every shooting category. Now I'm focusing on defense, ball handling and dunking. I'm at 85 on ball defense but my blocks and steals are still in the 60's. But it seems if you have a 99 vertical then you really don't need to add points to rebounding or blocking categories. Cause I'm rebounding and blocking shots with the best of them.

Also yeah you can get more skill points playing more minutes but I'm still playing 5 minute quarters averaging 19mpg averaging 35ppg 6rpg 3apg 2spg so averaging a triple double is possible and easy to especially if your playing 12 minute quarters.

Also another tip for getting a bulk of points at one time is if your player is really good that he made the all star team and is on a ALL DEFENSE TEAM and MVP top 5. That's what I was at the end of the 2nd season and lost the MVP award to LEBRON JAMES but after that I was given 20,000 skill point during the off season and 20 drills to also earn points.

quote:

quote:

I've been playing games on 12 minute quarters now and it is so much easier to build up skill points that way. It really is. Now I am a 71 overall and I average about 2500 SP a game. I also average about 40, 8, 6, 4, and 4.

Can you change it midseason?

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

I'm buying 2k10 soon. I did go to gamestop and play... err maybe 1 minute of NBA live 2010. My god, that game was horrible.

nba live is arcade style but its fun

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you change it midseason?

Yes. Its under options>>presentation then scroll down to game length.

So Rob, offensive and defensive awareness will boost my player rating?

The best part about the 12 minute quarters is it lets you reach milestones quicker. You get to 100 steals, threes, blocks, rebounds, etc a hell of a lot faster, then you get the skill points, then you get the money, then you get the power then you get the women.

I always wanted to upgrade my defensive and offensive awareness. I thought it'd make your player smarter and make smarter plays or whatever.

But then in the description all it says in offensive awareness is "capability to adjust to double teams" or something liek that.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I always wanted to upgrade my defensive and offensive awareness. I thought it'd make your player smarter and make smarter plays or whatever.

But then in the description all it says in offensive awareness is "capability to adjust to double teams" or something liek that.

I just took Rob's advice and have added my last 4000 or so points to Off & Def Awareness and went from a 74 to an 82. That would have been really helpful when I was trying not to get cut from training camp.

I'm a 91 overall on offense now, like a 72 on defense, and a 58 on rebounding.