Sign in to follow this  
Jordan-esque

NBA 2K10 or NBA Live '10

The best basketball game of all time was Arch Rivals. No other game allowed you to punch players or pull down the refs shorts. It was a classic. As far as 2k or Live, Live definitely has the edge over graphics from videos that I have seen comparing both games. I just didn't care for the movement of Live in the Demo or lack of defense. I have heard that 2k has actually taken a step back this year and looks worse than last year. Can anyone that has 2k support this? I'm still unsure on which to get, or if I should even spend the $60.

It has been stated in almost every review that the 2K graphics are far superior to Live, so I don't know how you came to the conclusion Live was better. As far as the game I have played both a lot and 2k is a better game but does have major framerate problems and bugs unfortunately. So 2k is definitely a better game but until the patch comes out(3 weeks) it's somewhat hard to enjoy, although the servers seem to have most of the kinks worked out, so if online play is your thing then not many problems there. Live is much improved but is still a year or 2 away from any serious basketball gamer to have a hard choice between the two. I will buy Live when it drops in price around Christmas because of Dwight on the cover and I love the Fiba mode in Live which has been expanded to 32 teams this year, those are really the only two things Live has going for it. Other than that when 2k gets patched this talk of 2k has taken a step back will cease immediately.

If we are looking at ratings then NBA 2k is only .3 off from NBA Live. Being a 2k fan I hope that it is better. However NBA Live as far as ratings goes has the biggest jump going from mid 6 to a 8.2 on IGN. Also I found a video with several players faces and the Live characters looked more like the actual player. Ray Allen looked like the guy from Lord of the Rings. I will probably wait for Black Friday to get Nba 2k since they always go down to like $35 around that time.

i just got 2k10 and it has frustrated me big time all games ive played ive been on the end of a 20 somthing to > 10 foul count. any others having this probliem

2K has the better graphics and game play hands down.

Live has better dribble moves and more furnished features, and the UI is way better when starting up games.

I like 2K's menu this year, just something different and more interactive than just the normal list or 2K9's horrible menu. Also both games make it easy to play friends or ranked matches. You can now selected a friend from a menu in 2K to play instead of creating a custom match and then inviting through Xbox Live. (For those of you who played 2K9 on 360)

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Live has better dribble moves and more furnished features, and the UI is way better when starting up games.

I like 2K's menu this year, just something different and more interactive than just the normal list or 2K9's horrible menu. Also both games make it easy to play friends or ranked matches. You can now selected a friend from a menu in 2K to play instead of creating a custom match and then inviting through Xbox Live. (For those of you who played 2K9 on 360)

D o you know how to invite a friend to a ranked match on 360? I can't figure it out, just quick ranked matches. The lobbies show 17000 people online but no one in the lobby,***? I don't know the servers in this game suck and I still think the online portion of this game is just as bad as last year.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

D o you know how to invite a friend to a ranked match on 360? I can't figure it out, just quick ranked matches. The lobbies show 17000 people online but no one in the lobby,***? I don't know the servers in this game suck and I still think the online portion of this game is just as bad as last year.

Do they have the chat room lobbies now? They had it on 2k8 but took it off 2k9.

all I kno is that we shouldnt even be saying 2k10 is out yet. This version is like a beta or someting.

Once the patch comes out in about 3 weeks we should start making assumptions.

My player is addicting tho...N I'm not an offline type guy, but this feature is just addicting cuz the guy looks exactly like me.

I'll get 2k10 on Thursday so I can get started creating my player. I think I'm creating a SG or SF. I love them wing players.