Sign in to follow this  
BigLebowski50

Magic Add Morris Almond and Linton Johnson

quote:
The Magic have added two free agents --- guard Morris Almond and forward Linton Johnson III --- to their training-camp roster, said General Manager Otis Smith.

Almond, 6-feet-6, was a former first-round pick in 2007 by Utah and played 25 games with the Jazz last season. He averaged 3.7 points and 1.4 rebounds.

Johnson, 6-8, is a six-year pro out of Tulane. He has averaged 3.9 points and 3.3 rebounds over his career, and played briefly with the Charlotte Bobcats and Chicago Bulls last season.

Link

Merge with the other Johnson thread if you want, but I thought the Almond thing was significant to make another thread on, seeing that he was a first rounder a few years ago.

quote:
The Magic have added two free agents --- guard Morris Almond and forward Linton Johnson III --- to their training-camp roster, said General Manager Otis Smith.

Almond, 6-feet-6, was a former first-round pick in 2007 by Utah and played 25 games with the Jazz last season. He averaged 3.7 points and 1.4 rebounds.

Johnson, 6-8, is a six-year pro out of Tulane. He has averaged 3.9 points and 3.3 rebounds over his career, and played briefly with the Charlotte Bobcats and Chicago Bulls last season.

Link

Merge with the other Johnson thread if you want, but I thought the Almond thing was significant to make another thread on, seeing that he was a first rounder a few years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

really almond? how many sing men do we need this time around?... is he a hard nosed defender?

Keith_Bogans_0002.jpg

Did someone say hard nosed defender?

I like either of them for rounding out pieces. IMO Johnson is the better fit for his tenacity on defensive and rebounding clip. Almond can score the ball very well when he finds his shot and gets minutes but not really a defender at all, those 2 highlight blocks are about his best work on D, ever...tomatoes/tomatoes...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Morris Almond is great news

My thought exactly.

I love this dude.

I love this guy too, and I think he has a shot to make our final roster.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandojnf:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

really almond? how many sing men do we need this time around?... is he a hard nosed defender?

Keith_Bogans_0002.jpg

Did someone say hard nosed defender?

deebo from friday..

deebo.jpg