Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

World Cup Qualifying

Very interesting on Argentina, I don't keep up with soccer/football much due to my love for the O and NBA, but I like the sport and the World Cup.

As for the U.S.A., they got some thunder last night from Trinidad and Tobago but Clark's goal gave them what they wanted. From my understanding they've had some trouble winning on the road, playing more comfortably at home. Looks like it will come down to the very two last games (@ Honduras and vs Costa Rica)to decide the final standings. I still don't think they are contenders for the 2010 Cup though.

Anyways, I asked about Argentina because of Messi as they hyped his time to shine in the WC2010 instead now that looks bleak...

I guess I'll be rooting USA so lets get it!

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Very interesting on Argentina, I don't keep up with soccer/football much due to my love for the O and NBA, but I like the sport and the World Cup.

As for the U.S.A., they got some thunder last night from Trinidad and Tobago but Clark's goal gave them what they wanted. From my understanding they've had some trouble winning on the road, playing more comfortably at home. Looks like it will come down to the very two last games (@ Honduras and vs Costa Rica)to decide the final standings. I still don't think they are contenders for the 2010 Cup though.

Anyways, I asked about Argentina because of Messi as they hyped his time to shine in the WC2010 instead now that looks bleak...

I guess I'll be rooting USA so lets get it!

I wouldn't be surprised if the refs do something to help Argentina on the next 2 games. I don't think FIFA would want both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to miss the WC.

If they wanted the refs to help us, they should have done it earlier. The officiating in the past 2 matches, has been awful, with Veron getting an unbelievable red card in Paraguay after a simple foul in the beginning of the 2nd half.

As for Maradona, he wasn

Ecuador must in against Uruguay because their next match will be against Chile in Santiago and if Colombia beats Chile, Chile will have the need to win.

As of Colombia? They really suck! They keep calling old players that are not playing well and the young talent is being wasted. We need a foreing coach.

I never saw Maradona play, so I can't tell if he was the best. I will tell you this based on videos I have seen. The soccer that was once played years ago it's not played at the same level today. We have good player, but not great ones like there once were 20, 30,40 and 50 years ago. Can you blame the money? I'd yes!

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

If they wanted the refs to help us, they should have done it earlier. The officiating in the past 2 matches, has been awful, with Veron getting an unbelievable red card in Paraguay after a simple foul in the beginning of the 2nd half.

As for Maradona, he wasn

This list is from 2008. I can't believe Torres is ahead of KAKA and Gerrard. Eto'o is also a better forward than him IMO. I couldn't find a 2009 list.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

This list is from 2008. I can't believe Torres is ahead of KAKA and Gerrard. Eto'o is also a better forward than him IMO. I couldn't find a 2009 list.

If you see my post you'll notice I referred to the 2008 list. There is no 2009 list yet as it hasn't been awarded yet. Messi seems to be the favorite. The award should be announced in January of 2010.

As for who should be where, just like in basketball, who is 6th or 7th or 8th is always a point of argument. I have seen Torres play and I think he's a great striker. He's definetely on the short list of best players right now IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

If you see my post you'll notice I referred to the 2008 list. There is no 2009 list yet as it hasn't been awarded yet. Messi seems to be the favorite. The award should be announced in January of 2010.

As for who should be where, just like in basketball, who is 6th or 7th or 8th is always a point of argument. I have seen Torres play and I think he's a great striker. He's definetely on the short list of best players right now IMO.

My bad. I didn't see you posted 2008.

As for Torres...I'd rather have Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra or Eto'o ahead of him.

I haven't been able to see Eto'o playing for Inter, but when he played for Barcelona he was a monster. I was really sad when he left.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

I thought the 2009 fifa world player of the year went to Cristiano Ronaldo??