Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

World Cup Qualifying

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Yea, some of the streams aren't as reliable but decent.

Anyone in particular you're rooting for?

My country Colombia of course. I'm so happy they won and are back on the race again.

I also like Brazil and I'm kinda happy they beat Argentina since we are now only 2 points away from them.

I tried the website you gave me, but it wouldn't work on one of the games. My computer was also acting up last night, so maybe that's the reason why it was so slow.

Oh yea I know man they don't host the games it's from other sources they just use and list it on there. (I'd know first hand they stole my stream of Magic games)

I'm rooting for Trinidad since my parents are from there and mots of my culture, but they aren't looking so good right now...

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

USA got what they wanted tonight.

What's up with Argentina? Not looking so good...

This is a sad day for me. Colombia lost and their chances of qualifying are still there, but it's going to be difficult. We have to win and hope other don't.

Argentina with Maradona as a coach have not done anything well and he may just get fired. They are now on the 5th place and with the way they are playing it's not looking too good. We'll see what happens next month.

I didn't see Team USA, but I'm really happy the won!

We certainly arent. I will try to be brief to explain you the situation:

We began well the qualys, winning the first 3 matches. Then, hell came all over. Let me tell you why:

- The former coach, Alfio Basile, was not great, but he wasnt the worst either. But these guys who because they are getting paid millions like in any overrated sports nowadays and think they are the new "saviors" (e.g. Messi, Aguero, Tevez) and two old guys that suck every time they play (Heinze and Zanetti) started boycotting him. That way, we tied 4 games in a row and then lost to Chile. Basile resigned

- Maradona came then. As for Maradona, he is the greatest icon in Argentina in all of our history. More than Evita, Peron, San Martin, Gardel, or whoever. But as a coach, even though players are supposed to respect him because he is like a god here, he is not planning games well.

First, he fought with Riquelme, and he resigned from being in the team. Then, he thought that by putting all the "shorties" together, we will win easily. Mistake. He plays throwing air balls to this guys (Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi) that are 1,70m at top. The team doesnt have an identity, the defense is a porous as the moon (we miss Ayala now, who wasnt great, but didnt suck this badly), we cannot buy a goal and we do not create chances.

Mascherano, the captain, and thought to be the "heart" of the team, is doing as good you could do playing with your friends in your backyard.

Messi, suppossedly the "best player in the world", gets paid 10m a year for having a butt face, inmature little stupid, who cannot handle the responsibility of being the technical leader.

Instead of going to play to Boca (even if I am River fan), where people get to spit opposing players in each corner kick and the rivals enter ****ted to the stadium, we go to play in Rosario.

We have had 3 or 4 goalkeepers during the 16 games. Talk about stability.

In a line: Players dont give 100%. The coach doesnt know any tactics. The teams lost the respect for us, who were 2 time world champions.

I hate this overpaid fackers who are ruining our chances.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

We began well the qualys, winning the first 3 matches. Then, hell came all over. Let me tell you why:

- The former coach, Alfio Basile, was not great, but he wasnt the worst either. But these guys who because they are getting paid millions like in any overrated sports nowadays and think they are the new "saviors" (e.g. Messi, Aguero, Tevez) and two old guys that suck every time they play (Heinze and Zanetti) started boycotting him. That way, we tied 4 games in a row and then lost to Chile. Basile resigned

- Maradona came then. As for Maradona, he is the greatest icon in Argentina in all of our history. More than Evita, Peron, San Martin, Gardel, or whoever. But as a coach, even though players are supposed to respect him because he is like a god here, he is not planning games well.

First, he fought with Riquelme, and he resigned from being in the team. Then, he thought that by putting all the "shorties" together, we will win easily. Mistake. He plays throwing air balls to this guys (Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi) that are 1,70m at top. The team doesnt have an identity, the defense is a porous as the moon (we miss Ayala now, who wasnt great, but didnt suck this badly), we cannot buy a goal and we do not create chances.

Mascherano, the captain, and thought to be the "heart" of the team, is doing as good you could do playing with your friends in your backyard.

Messi, suppossedly the "best player in the world", gets paid 10m a year for having a butt face, inmature little stupid, who cannot handle the responsibility of being the technical leader.

Instead of going to play to Boca (even if I am River fan), where people get to spit opposing players in each corner kick and the rivals enter ****ted to the stadium, we go to play in Rosario.

In a line: Players dont give 100%. The coach doesnt know any tactics. The teams lost the respect for us, who were 2 time world champions.

Woah there tiger smile_panicworker.gif I will agree that the idea of Maradonna as a coach was a horrific one, abosolute amazing player in his day and one of the best of all time (and thats coming from someone from England who hate him for 'that' hand!!)

However he was and is an extremely selfish person who looks out for himself and has next to no coaching qualifications - not the type of person you want as a coach. I still think Argentina will be fine, sure they have another tough game in Uraguay but I think they hang on to 5th spot and get a playoff qualifier. If im right in assuming its against the central/northern Americas section then that should be a pretty comfortable game but I feel if you do qualify and Maradonna stays on then Argentina wont be in South Africa for very long.

Very happy with Englands result last night beating a very good Croatian side 5-1 thats 8 wins out of 8 and we've now officially qualified for South Africa icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

Woah there tiger smile_panicworker.gif I will agree that the idea of Maradonna as a coach was a horrific one, abosolute amazing player in his day and one of the best of all time (and thats coming from someone from England who hate him for 'that' hand!!)

However he was and is an extremely selfish person who looks out for himself and has next to no coaching qualifications - not the type of person you want as a coach. I still think Argentina will be fine, sure they have another tough game in Uraguay but I think they hang on to 5th spot and get a playoff qualifier. If im right in assuming its against the central/northern Americas section then that should be a pretty comfortable game but I feel if you do qualify and Maradonna stays on then Argentina wont be in South Africa for very long.

Very happy with Englands result last night beating a very good Croatian side 5-1 thats 8 wins out of 8 and we've now officially qualified for South Africa icon_biggrin.gif

Maradona as a coach has been horrible. He did not do well with just clubs and for whatever reason he was given the National Team. I thought Argentina would play well because it was Maradona who was talking to them and they would be inspired, but it hasn't been the case.

As of Argentina making the world cup???? Let's see.

Let's say Argentina wins the next game against Peru. They have 25 points. And Ecuador and Uruguay tie. That will leave Ecuador with 24 and Uruguay with 22. Venezuela will also win and they'll have 24. I'm confident Colombia will beat Chile and we'll have 23.

4 days letter...If Argentina win they'll go straight, but they are facing a needy Uruguay that also needs to win. Colombia will face an already qualified Paraguay who will play their bench. Ecuador and Venezuela are the ones that have it really hard. Venezuala at Brazil and Ecuador at Chile. Chile needs to win because if Argentina wins then Chile will get the 5th spot.

I can't wait till next month.