Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Looks like Courtney Lee wants to make Magic fans hate him/front office

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

The only way Riley is trading Wade is for Kobe or Lebron. Nothing we had will give us Wade. Riley doesn't work that way. If he's going to trade his star player than he will want a star in return. Not an up and coming player like Courtney Lee.

Riley doesn't have a choice when Wade bolts next season, I would say especially now with Beasley it is a 75% chance Wade leaves, Wade is an URFA.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:Yeah right now, but it was obvious Otis had no interest in leaving space for Wade so he used every dime he could. I'm saying I would rather have sacrificed this season to net Wade, and Memphis has already been reported that they have had talks about Rudy Gay.

Otis didn't have interest because it wasn't an option.

There is simply no mathematical way Otis could get Wade here without giving up Dwight. It was financially impossible. We don't have the cap space or the assets. Sacrificing this season would've accomplished nothing. Seriously, nothing whatsoever. We'd have had about 7 players on roster and just 3m in CAP space to sign new players. Your argument is, on every conceivable level, a laughably ridiculous one.

And why would we want another small forward, much less Rudy Gay specifically?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:Yeah right now, but it was obvious Otis had no interest in leaving space for Wade so he used every dime he could. I'm saying I would rather have sacrificed this season to net Wade, and Memphis has already been reported that they have had talks about Rudy Gay.

There is simply no mathematical way Otis could get Wade here without giving up Dwight. It was financially impossible. We don't have the cap space or the assets. Sacrificing this season would've accomplished nothing. Seriously, nothing whatsoever. We'd have had about 7 players on roster and just 3m in CAP space to sign new players. Your argument is, on every conceivable level, a laughably ridiculous one.

3 mil? If we did not sign Barnes and Gortat and take on Ra and VC we had way more than 3 mil. Where are you getting these numbers from? Not to mention JJ and AJ are also expiring, I think. Anyway Wade is going to go the Bulls anyway, Trus is a restricted FA and they will let him go and have 13-15 mil in cap room.

quote:

quote:

Your right, or at least closer than I was. I was doing the math based on the luxury tax threshold instead of the salary cap. A sign and trade is still possible,like say Gortat and VC for Wade. I mean the heat would rather do that then lose him for nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

3 mil? If we did not sign Barnes and Gortat and take on Ra and VC we had way more than 3 mil. Where are you getting these numbers from? Not to mention JJ and AJ are also expiring, I think. Anyway Wade is going to go the Bulls anyway, Trus is a restricted FA and they will let him go and have 13-15 mil in cap room.

2010/2011 salaries:

Rashard Lewis: 20.514m

Dwight Howard: 16.509m

Jameer Nelson: 6.722m

Mikael Pietrus: 5.3m

Courtney Lee's TO: 1.352m

Total for those 5 players: 50.397m

NBA officials are predicting a CAP level of 53.6m for 2010/2011.

So if we'd let everyone go, signed no long term free agents including our own, based on the NBA's cap predictions, we'd have 3.203m in CAP space after this season. So you're right. My rough estimate was off by $203,000.

As for Wade, I won't dispute that Chicago could end up with about 15m in CAP space, but since Miami is going to have about 43m in CAP space, enough to resign Wade at the max AND sign someone else at the max as well while keeping Cook, Beasley and Chalmers, I find it at least doubtful he leaves.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Your right, or at least closer than I was. I was doing the math based on the luxury tax threshold instead of the salary cap. A sign and trade is still possible,like say Gortat and VC for Wade. I mean the heat would rather do that then lose him for nothing.

You're right. The Heat would love to give a division rival who is already one of the best teams in the league, that has a legit top 5 player, another top 5 player for an inferior player at the same position and a good/not great young center, dooming their franchise to a decade of mediocrity. That makes perfect sense.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're right. The Heat would love to give a division rival who is already one of the best teams in the league, that has a legit top 5 player, another top 5 player for an inferior player at the same position and a good/not great young center, dooming their franchise to a decade of mediocrity. That makes perfect sense.

Or he can go the Bulls for nothing, Bron can go to the Knicks, Bosh can go to the Cavs. Then Miami can overpay for all the other guys because they will have no leverage in contracts. VC expiring or TO is worth an all star caliber player, and since everyone thinks Gortat is so great, than its not a bad deal. How bout we throw in JJ to put the icing on the cake.

So your idea is that they're better of trading him for 75 cents on the dollar because they might lose hiim rather than attempt to use their gigantic cap space to resign him AND sign someone else? Really?

By that logic, we should trade Dwight before his player option is up, right? I mean, HE MIGHT LEAVE!?!?!?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I love you DOM. In a totally hetero way.

quote:
"The trade shocked me. After the Finals, Dwight and I were talking about things we had to do to get back and win a championship together. He joked about us being the next Shaq and Penny [Hardaway] with the Magic,'' he said. "I know it's a business, and trades happen, but it's not something you forget, even when you look forward like I am. ''

haha sorry. That made me laugh...

Courtney, you got traded, for Vince Carter. We got NOW, what you Could somehow magically be in a few years. But I highly doubt it, seeing as Vince came into the league a lot better than you are now, and a Rookie of the Year.

I was hoping Courtney does well, but now that it is his GOAL to make us feel bad about the trade makes me hopefull that he goes 1/20 from field against us.

And we made it to the finals with Courtney, in a ****ty eastern conference. You guys keep forgetting. LeBron had almost no one on his team. the Celtics DIDNT have KG, their best player. And the rest of the teams were just not scary.

btw DOM is right. If we were to keep Courtney Lee we'd be BANKING on that he would turn into some sort of star player. While we know he wont.

With the VC deal, we have dam good run for a title this year, and next year. Then after that, we'll have VC's expirings and pickup and go for another big run.

THe Magic are finally SET IMO. With Dwight as our long franchise player, we are SET to have successfull years to come. Even if we don't win a title, we'll be going deep into playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

btw DOM is right. If we were to keep Courtney Lee we'd be BANKING on that he would turn into some sort of star player. While we know he wont.

With the VC deal, we have dam good run for a title this year, and next year. Then after that, we'll have VC's expirings and pickup and go for another big run.

THe Magic are finally SET IMO. With Dwight as our long franchise player, we are SET to have successfull years to come. Even if we don't win a title, we'll be going deep into playoffs.

I second that and raise you 1 title.