Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Looks like we're going to lose Elam, he flip flops more than John Kerry. Honestly, if you can't make up your mind, I don't want you, have some integrity. Good thing he's considering Florida, where they don't care about things like "integrity".

Integrity? This coming from the school who 1/4 of its team is cheating on a music test

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Looks like we're going to lose Elam, he flip flops more than John Kerry. Honestly, if you can't make up your mind, I don't want you, have some integrity. Good thing he's considering Florida, where they don't care about things like "integrity".

Integrity? This coming from the school who 1/4 of its team is cheating on a music test

QFT

Again, let's go over this "cheating". There is a class where the teacher for years has never changed the test. People who had taken the class before hand down said tests to current students. All students, not just athletes, use this test and get A's. That's the teacher's fault, not the students.

But while we're at it, speaking of "questionable" acts in school's academic departments, let's look at Florida. Florida is a smart school, it's pretty much the hardest school to get into in the state. That would probably mean the classes there are pretty tough (not that you guys would know, you don't go there). Explain how Tim Tebow, a guy who got a lower SAT than Noel Devine (890), puts up a 3.7 GPA. You're handing grades to athletes! Not going to complain about it, every school does, which is my point.

If you think this "cheating" scandal doesn't go on at Florida, or any other school, and it only happens at Florida State, please get a vasectomy now. We have enough dumb kids running around, we don't need any more.

And yes, integrity. As in poking people's eyes out (that's a move taught to kids though, right VaBch?), then only getting suspended for a half. Drunk driving arrest, only a one game suspension. Running up the score on teams, ect.

Here's a trivia question, since Urban Meyer took over at Florida, which of the big three has had the most arrests?

quote:

Again, let's go over this "cheating". There is a class where the teacher for years has never changed the test. People who had taken the class before hand down said tests to current students. All students, not just athletes, use this test and get A's. That's the teacher's fault, not the students.

But while we're at it, speaking of "questionable" acts in school's academic departments, let's look at Florida. Florida is a smart school, it's pretty much the hardest school to get into in the state. That would probably mean the classes there are pretty tough (not that you guys would know, you don't go there). Explain how Tim Tebow, a guy who got a lower SAT than Noel Devine (890), puts up a 3.7 GPA. You're handing grades to athletes! Not going to complain about it, every school does, which is my point.

If you think this "cheating" scandal doesn't go on at Florida, or any other school, and it only happens at Florida State, please get a vasectomy now. We have enough dumb kids running around, we don't need any more.

Actually I went to Florida for a year and SAT exceptions are granted to tons of athletes. What does SAt's have to do with smarts?

If you really are in college you know that college is about managing time and effort and loving your major. Tebow majored in some Christianity degree or something and I'm sure worked his *** off in school.

The fact now you are implying Tebow or any other athlete cheats to get a grade is ignorant. Does cheating happen? Sure but don't say oh everyone does it or say a guys GPA isn't real without any proof.

Like I said, if you're naive enough to think what happened at Florida State doesn't go on everywhere else please get a vasectomy now.

Elam just committed to Florida during the Army game, guy flip flops more than John Kerry.

Dowling, Dorsey, Dunkley, Easley, Floyd, Elam, now Powell. Makes me smile...

Trey, I went to UF, and there are easy classes, where if you show up to class and do the work its almost impossible not to get a B. Then there are engineering classes, med school, sciences etc. Every school has those easy classes, and many still manage to not go to class and fail. Not every school has the widespread academic fraud that FSU just went through. Fraud does happen at every school, and not just with athletes, but you are kidding yourself if you think the kind of widespread, organized cheating that happened at FSU is happening all over the country.

Your Tebow rant is pretty dumb, because he would have gotten in to any FBS school he chose. There are always special cases. Hell, Lewis posted FSU's statistics where a full third of FSU's student athletes (including all sports) are admitted with less than the desired academic standard cutoffs. Who was that player FSU admitted that couldn't read? I don't know what the statistics are at UF, or Miami, or anywhere else, but I imagine the statistics are similar.

My Tebow rant was spot on, he's retarded (has nothing to do with him as a player, he's retarded, listen to him talk). Would he have gotten into any school? Probably, except for maybe Notre Dame. While his SAT scored him a few points above a vegetable (again, 890), he would have to have a high GPA to balance out his eligibility.

Oh wait, he was able to that easily, he was home schooled! Pretty easy to get good grades when Mom is the one grading the papers.

My point was, as dumb as he is, to have a GPA like that he almost certainly was given grades. I'm not complaining about it, I'm sure grades are given out in Tallahassee. I'm sure they're given out in Baton Rouge, Austin, Los Angeles, Tuscaloosa, ect.

Matter of fact, I know for a fact they are at Tuscaloosa. My buddy from high school is a staff writer for the paper here in Fort Myers. As you probably know, Mount Cody is from here. He got to interview him after the Tennessee game this year. After all the football talk, he asked him a few personal questions such as, "How is school going?" and, "What's your major?".

There was a long silence, and then stuttering (he spoke fine and clear the whole interview until this point) and then finally, with Carl's help, came to the answer of General Studies.

He's been at the school for four years and doesn't know his major! Yeah, I'd say he's been given his grades. It happens everywhere, it's not a big deal.

Closing point, if you're going to question Florida State's integrity by using the "cheating" scandal, your school (no matter who you're a fan of) does it too.

Well seeing as your the one who started the whole questioning another schools integrity by taking a shot at Florida...

Oh and even though I (and no one here) have no idea how hard Tebow works in school, the idea that his low SAT scores compared to his high GPA means he's just being given grades is dumb. Their are plenty of students out there who are horrible at standardized tests and do well in class and also the other way around. Myself I scored in the high 1200's (non essay) which normally is the kind of score you see higher GPA students get. I averaged a 2.5 throughout high school im just very good at standardized tests.

Oh and your using the way he speaks to call him retarded? Tebow is one of the few guys you can actually understand in interviews. The dude speaks publicly all over the place. Your mistaking the fact that he gets excited some times and talks fast for inteligence.

Or you can just admit that since he either A) plays for the Gators, B) Doesn't play for your team, or C) Both (most likely) you just really don't like Tim Tebow and even though hes a nice dude and a great player your gonna take any chance and any small spot you can see to take him down as much as you can.

D) He's the most overrated athlete since LeBron James.

or

E) He hightens the nice guy act in front of the camera. Not going to be like everyone else and say it's fake, but I definitely believe he turns the volume up. You can be strong in your faith without making a reality show out of it, look at Colt McCoy.

quote:

Like I said, if you're naive enough to think what happened at Florida State doesn't go on everywhere else please get a vasectomy now.

Elam just committed to Florida during the Army game, guy flip flops more than John Kerry.

Yeah because Meyer isn't going anywhere like I said the whole time.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Yeah because Meyer isn't going anywhere like I said the whole time.

you dont know that yet.