Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

I'm sure all of you have seen the obnoxious mess that took place after the Boise State - Oregon game.

We saw how ridiculous that Blount guy was, but a friend of mine showed me something and had a great point...

Here's the real victim in all of this:

15y3p3.png

That kid won't ever forget that. Such a shame.

What kind of suspension do you think he'll receive and what kind of suspension would YOU give him, if you were in charge???

I think he'll get at least 8 games.

But personally, I would kick the guy off the team. I don't consider that stuff on the field to be a huge issue. But when you take it to the fans, that's where I draw a BIG FAT line.

Thoughts?

I think he should be gone. There is no place for what he did. He was already on thin ice with his coach before this incident.

I think he should be taken off the team.

Honestly I think both players should be suspended about 6 games. Blount was clearly walking of the field until that guy said something to him. Basically he started the whole thing. Now I know Blount was wrong but I understand. Nobody knows what he said to blount to piss him off even more. And he didn't have to grab Blount either. That Boise State coach over heard he said and tried to stop him before that situation got out of hand. But Blount punched him as soon as he tried to grab his player. Maybe he should've kept his helmet on if didn't want to get dropped like he did. But both players should get suspended about 6 games and move on. This is not the biggest thing that has ever happen. ESPN thinks he should get kicked off the team and I'm totally against that.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Honestly I think both players should be suspended about 6 games. Blount was clearly walking of the field until that guy said something to him. Basically he started the whole thing. Now I know Blount was wrong but I understand. Nobody knows what he said to blount to piss him off even more. And he didn't have to grab Blount either. That Boise State coach over heard he said and tried to stop him before that situation got out of hand. But Blount punched him as soon as he tried to grab his player. Maybe he should've kept his helmet on if didn't want to get dropped like he did. But both players should get suspended about 6 games and move on. This is not the biggest thing that has ever happen. ESPN thinks he should get kicked off the team and I'm totally against that.

Dude, theres no reason for the boise state player to get suspended at all. Yeah they should have him run the stadium steps before practice for a week or 2 but not make him miss games.

Heres what happen. Boise state player runs up and starts talking **** because it was an emotional win based on what happened last year. Blount takes exception to **** talking and decides to throw a punch. Thats all on Blount (who has been suspended for the season).

This whole smack talk began BEFORE the game even started.

Blount kept talking a big game all week and how they were gonna "whoop their ***."

My friend told me that Hout (the BSU player) simply came up to Blount and said, "how bout that *** whoopin???"

So Blount decked him.

No comments about his mom, no racial slur, just that. No reason at all to deck the dude.

You had a big mouth all week, your team (and especially YOU) didn't show up, so you deserve to be talked to like that.

Heck, I'da said the same thing if I was Hout.

Blount was totally outta line. Hout was just trash talkin.

Well, Blount gets the whole season and possibly the rest of his life to rethink his decisions.

The suspension was warranted and IMO, exactly what should have been done.

I don't believe the Boise State player should serve any type of suspension.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Well, Blount gets the whole season and possibly the rest of his life to rethink his decisions.

The suspension was warranted and IMO, exactly what should have been done.

I don't believe the Boise State player should serve any type of suspension.

Agree with that entirely.

You can't suspend a guy for trash talkin.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

This whole smack talk began BEFORE the game even started.

Blount kept talking a big game all week and how they were gonna "whoop their ***."

My friend told me that Hout (the BSU player) simply came up to Blount and said, "how bout that *** whoopin???"

So Blount decked him.

No comments about his mom, no racial slur, just that. No reason at all to deck the dude.

You had a big mouth all week, your team (and especially YOU) didn't show up, so you deserve to be talked to like that.

Heck, I'da said the same thing if I was Hout.

Blount was totally outta line. Hout was just trash talkin.

Well if that's all he said then that didn't call for him reacting the way he did. Suspended for a year so he will have to deal with it. I'm the type of person that would like to know all the facts before I judge a person and he just made me think differently about him now. I was just thinking to myself what could Hout had said that would make him go off like that. And what pissed me off the most was when his teammates was trying to hold him back Blount took a swing at his own teammate. That's messed up cause he was just trying to stop his teammate from making an even more bigger fool of himself. So he wasn't thinking at the time and he should get punished. Deal with it.

I just can't wait until the day when Tim Tebow gets caught drinking and driving or doing bong hits. They act like Tebow can't do any wrong. Like he's Jesus Christ or something. Can't stand that guy. But he's a dang good football player.

I was gonna type a post that says, "Don't take what I said about what Hout said as fact...I don't know where my friend heard that."

But then I decided to look it up on YouTube and try to see for myself what he said.

Take a look at this video:

Start watching about the 0:44 mark...you can clearly see the end of Hout's words: "*** whoopin."

I guess he was right.