Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Otis offered up 1st round pick, Redick or AJ,and cash for CJ Watson, got denied[link]

we really need to offer JJ Redick and a 1st round pick to NJN for Keyon Dooling; it barely works in trade check, but works

they trim almost a million in pay roll this year, and get an expiring contract, plus a 1st

with Harris and Alston [and Lee and CDR and Williams], they dont need him

plus we need a hybrid combo guard, because we have no one quick enough to guard Eddie House [or guys like Barbosa or Terry] without Lee;

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

we really need to offer JJ Redick and a 1st round pick to NJN for Keyon Dooling; it barely works in trade check, but works

they trim almost a million in pay roll this year, and get an expiring contract, plus a 1st

plus we need a hybrid combo guard, because we have no one quick enough to guard Eddie House [or guys like Barbosa or Terry] without Lee;

Hopefully Otis reads this. I'd rather have Keyon than anyone else, he knows our team and was a leader for the Nets last year. He single handedly would replace both AJ and JJ.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

Hopefully Otis reads this. I'd rather have Keyon than anyone else, he knows our team and was a leader for the Nets last year. He single handedly would replace both AJ and JJ.

he was also a 42.1% three point shooter last year in heavy minutes; i think he was top 10 in 3pt% in the NBA; perfect for our system

honestly, we'd be a better team if we had gotten him back instead of Ryan Anderson in the Vince team, since Anderson wont get much minutes with Shard/Bass at PF

Keyon is ideal for us; he hounds oppposing guards on defense, and has become an elite three point shooter

Isn't Dooling injured alot? I remeber he was some when he was here. I just looked up his career Games Played- He has never played a full season. We need a backup they can stay healthy..

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Isn't Dooling injured alot? I remeber he was some when he was here. I just looked up his career Games Played- He has never played a full season. We need a backup they can stay healthy..

he gets ticky tack injuries, nothing major that threatens big stretches of time; he played 77 games last year, and 72 for us the year before; he doesnt have any major injury he fights at any given time

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:

he was also a 42.1% three point shooter last year in heavy minutes; i think he was top 10 in 3pt% in the NBA; perfect for our system

honestly, we'd be a better team if we had gotten him back instead of Ryan Anderson in the Vince team, since Anderson wont get much minutes with Shard/Bass at PF

Keyon is ideal for us; he hounds oppposing guards on defense, and has become an elite three point shooter

you dont pass on a young big, like anderson, for dooling... big man have lot of value in this league...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

he gets ticky tack injuries, nothing major that threatens big stretches of time; he played 77 games last year, and 72 for us the year before; he doesnt have any major injury he fights at any given time

Oh word. If thats it I think it would be ok to pick him up. but I wonder why we didnt get him in the VC trade.

quote:

you dont pass on a young big, like anderson, for dooling... big man have lot of value in this league...

99/100 scenarios I agree with you; take the young big who has more potential

but we're in a unique position; we're right on the cusp of a championship, and need to go ALL IN the next two years before Vince's wheels fall off, so there's much less incentive to store potential on the back of our bench [hence why we got rid of Courtney Lee]

our window is at most 2 years, but perhaps even 1 year given Vince will turn 34 in Jan, 2011; even Rashard is getting way up there in minutes played

the difference between Keyon Dooling and Anthony Johnson might be enough to cost us a game 7 against the Lakers; Ryan Anderson likely wont get off the bench

this isnt the time to look at anything but direct immediate impact

it's why Otis is offering up 1st round picks for guys like CJ Watson; he senses how thin our margin of error is right now, and how important that is

quote:

quote:

but we're in a unique position; we're right on the cusp of a championship, and need to go ALL IN the next two years before Vince's wheels fall off, so there's much less incentive to store potential on the back of our bench [hence why we got rid of Courtney Lee]

the difference between Keyon Dooling and Anthony Johnson might be enough to cost us a game 7 against the Lakers; Ryan Anderson likely wont get off the bench

it's why Otis is offering up 1st round picks for guys like CJ Watson; he senses how thin our margin of error is right now, and how important that is

In the interest of saving myself some time, I'm just going to put ReeceGaines on my ignore list.

quote:

Oh word. If thats it I think it would be ok to pick him up. but I wonder why we didnt get him in the VC trade.

yeah I wonder this too; I think Otis was just focused on getting Ryan Anderson; but perhaps Thorn was unwilling to give up Anderson and Dooling; or perhaps we didnt want to pay 3.5 million [Dooling's salary] for a backup point guard [CJ Watson was only going to command 2 million at most]

Dooling is basically an expiring though; the last year of his deal is only guaranteed for $500,000; the rest can be bought out

quote:

quote:

our window is at most 2 years, but perhaps even 1 year given Vince will turn 34 in Jan, 2011; even Rashard is getting way up there in minutes played

I would rather sign carlos and keep my young big... anderson is not only talented at 6"10 with a three and rebounding but he very cheap with multiple years on his contract and fit our system perfectly... Gortat just went for 5.7mil a year. anderson is nearly 1/5 that cost...

He is 21-22 and has already shown he is able to play in the league... I could see if he was a rookie, unseen verse nba players, but he has shown production at his young age; in real games... unlike a rookie that has never stepped foot on the court...

I see anderson playing pf more then you think... he also is the dark horse to start with lewis out... If SVG will start pat G he will take two or three hard looks at anderson as a starter...

Plus, I have bass starting pf and lewis at sf for the most likely starting unit...

d12/gortat

bass/anderson

lewis/barnes

carter/Mp/jj

Nelson/ aj

quote:

Warriors general manager Larry Riley has turned down all the offers he's received for Watson, the latest and most significant coming from the Orlando Magic, according to a person close to the talks. Riley turned down a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, the source said.

Good God.

How on earth can they not accept that?!?

Acie Law, Speedy Claxton, Monta Ellis at PG, with guys like Stephen Jackson, Kelenna Azubuike, Stephen Curry, and Anthony Morrow that bring up the ball in the GSW system. What on earth are they gonna do with Watson?

It seems to me that he will be their backup. Period. It will be Ellis/Watson at PG. I can't believe a 1st Rounder, expiring, and cash would be for a guy who gets spot minutes. They have bigger plans for this guy than we originally thought.